Discussion Round 1, Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you inferred this from listening to interviews and reading articles, or do you know something that we don't?
I'm not privvy to any mail, i sense though Lee will be given an opportunity early on to display his talent.
A three prong forward line of Roo, Maister & Lee will create a mobile forward line that will stretch many opposition defences this year. Throw in Milne, Saad, Milera & TDL, we'll be very hard to contain.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Simpkin round 1. Dempster being out means that I wouldn't be surprised if Watters decides to bring in Simpkin directly after just the one Sandy game: a risk but he is quite a similar player to Dempster and that middle sized defender may be important enough for our structure to risk bringing Simpkin back a little underdone.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Simpkin round 1. Dempster being out means that I wouldn't be surprised if Watters decides to bring in Simpkin directly after just the one Sandy game: a risk but he is quite a similar player to Dempster and that middle sized defender may be important enough for our structure to risk bringing Simpkin back a little underdone.
Could have two games to get ready, This week and next week, (Think the Zebs play next week as well?)

Don't be surprised if Dempster is right to go round 1. Is already running at training so doesn't sound like serious hamstring.

they could give simpkin this week at Sandy as well as Schneider.

they could give simpkin this week at Sandy as well as Schneider.

yeah a week after the Gold Coast game they could. ( R1 7th April - Coburg Tigers ).
We may well want them against Richmond ( Quite a big game IMO ) in which case a game against the GC could be what the doctor ordered.

Sandringham have practice match vs Frankston this Saturday and I expect Schneider and Simpkin to feature in that.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few in that 18-24 bracket playing against the Dolphins. Last chance saloon for a few before GCS.

I am exceptionally impressed with some of Scott Watter's recent work. With the capped rotations, all we hear from the others is complaints. Scott has organised Stanley to take up the defence role on the defending ruckman. He has invented Sipposs as a linkman on the wing.
The other area which will separate the Saints from the pack and will make the difference between 111/12 as per the pundits and our real position as high as 5th will bee Roo's aerobic capacity. No one will be able to stay near him and his input this year will be extraordinary. I have no doubt he will be AA and probably our highest scorer as he will be able to receive passes in his preferred positions.
See you in Wellington.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine if we went into R1 with Hickey, Lee and Wright in the side? Those trades would be off to an alright start. And that's with White still to come...

Guess we'll find out soon!
Not out of the question especially with Chips now in doubt. Running out of tall defender options and Kosi is not the answer there.
IMO it would make for a bit of excitement around the club and clearly state that all positions are now open to be taken on a form basis rather than names.

Can't it just be saturday already! Geez im pumped for this season... and a week after the grand final my first child is due!

I just want us to have a good solid season with more of our young crew taking the next step, possibly even 1 or 2 having a "Dayne Beams" style breakout year.

I'm all for giving games to those deserving. Remember Jack Steven getting thrown in the deep end a few years back & kicked 4 against Geelong at the G? Thats what i want to see!

Hell, i'm so pumped for this year that i had to go out & buy my black & white Staffy a red collar, cos i was beginning to hate looking at her in those colours!

Just please dont take Gold Coast too lightly, i couldnt stand a loss like last years opener against Port.... yuck! :eek:

Sorry, which game are you talking about?
15ow0n5.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 1, Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back