Preview Round 1, Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sat 26th March 2016, 1.40pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Pathetic 4th quarter. Some of it was switching with blocks, but I have no idea why we were so willing to go away from Davis on Hogan. Our defensive structure/effort went missing as a whole. Not much better further up the ground.

The commentators can blow as much smoke up Melbourne's ar$e$ as they want. We gifted that to them - if we kicked better than an u/10s team, we would have won that by 40.
Thing is we didn't, if finals were on the radar they just got a shitload harder to reach..
If they can't improve the conversion rate we are anchored in the bottom half of the table

The commentators can blow as much smoke up Melbourne's ar$e$ as they want. We gifted that to them - if we kicked better than an u/10s team, we would have won that by 40.

Totally agree.

Destroyed Melbourne through second and third, just poor decision making in front of goals, and poor conversion.

Win that 9 times out of 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, some good signs in some areas. Thought Davis was excellent although faded a bit last quarter when we needed him to stand tall, Marchbank was solid though still made some mistakes through inexperience, and Wilson was excellent in counterattack. Some dumb free kicks, though, although the umps didn't help. That tackle around the biceps on Vince gifting them a goal! :thumbsdown:

But some horrible stuff lost it for us. The mids were poor - Jack Steele outshone by a first gamer, and we missed Cogs out there. Forwards were poor, and the shocking conversion rate is what killed us. Not just straight misses, but the lack of vision - Scully (who otherwise had a good game) blazing away for goal when Jack Steele was unmarked in the box! LC will be livid. If we play like that the next 3 weeks, we'll be in for a tough year.

Well done Melbourne. You played the game out and deserve the win. To our boys. 80 minute effort is what wins games. This is one we should have won if the 80 minute effort was there. Stop believing all the talk about how good this team should be and start playing like it. Melboune have embarrassed us a couple of times now when they looked gone.

VERY DISAPPOINTING

If that Melbourne supporting buffoon who just put that utter filth on here is not given more than a 1 day suspension I will boycott this site for good.

My young nephew views this site and saw that rubbish and was shocked.

It is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on this website and he should be banned for life

Frustrating game. We should have won it, but so many mistakes doing simple things.

Buntine needs to stick his mitts out rather than always trying to mark it on his chest. Tomlinson did some nice things, but looked sluggish.

Thoughts after being at the game. Rory Lobb was very good. Stevie J was good, does a number of things you wouldn't see on tv. Callan Ward solid. PHIL Davis fantastic except for last quarter.
We got beaten inside over the course of the day. They were more aggressive in tackling and stuck a lot more of them.
We are still too immature in defence.
If Adam Treloar plays today we win. I'm not sure why we still have McCarthy on our books and not Treloar.

If that Melbourne supporting buffoon who just put that utter filth on here is not given more than a 1 day suspension I will boycott this site for good.

My young nephew views this site and saw that rubbish and was shocked.

It is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on this website and he should be banned for life

What did he post?

We had some goal hungry fatheads out there today.
Didnt expect it and probably the coach didnt either.
Hopefully its the last time it happens this year.
For those not at the game,we had loose players in top position in the forward half who were ignored by goal happy experienced players up the ground going for the glory shot.
As written by somebody else,we shouldve won this game by about 40 points.
Sorry about late report,missed the first train out of the city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 1, Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sat 26th March 2016, 1.40pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back