Preview Round 1, Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sat 26th March 2016, 1.40pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the game now 2nd quarter a lot of missed opportunities Greene very quiet so is griffen and Whitfield

Greene and Whitfield seemed to spend a lot of time forward from what I could see on the TV. Was decidedly more disappointed in Griffen given what he was recruited for.

dd61991e3bfbca9a5d164aefaaa3628c.jpg

Just posting this to get rid of the previous tapatalk cover image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jezza owes us one. His indiscretion cost us yesterday. He plays we win.

Understand why Steele played but big grounds dry conditions don't suit him. Cogs would have provided more may have tagged Viney. Need to be tougher at selection.

Cogs for Steele this week Patfull for Buntine as Watts embarrassed Bunts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really disappointing loss, did everything needed to win but kick straight enough, and that's ignoring the umpiring decisions that gifted Melbourne their first goal and the missed call the would, almost certainly, have gift Lobb another from the top of the square.

Lobb was great as a tall target but finished with 2-3, our officially listed forwards goal % were: Scully 50%, Lobb 40%, Johnson 40%, Smith 25%, Tomlinson 0%, Palmer 0%. That's the game.

We must make our home grounds fortresses, or we wont make finals, 8 of our 11 wins last season came at home. Both Geelong and Port Adelaide are teams we play twice this season, if we can't beat both of them at home, its hard to see where 12 wins comes from. and last year it took 13 to make finals.

I think Jezza owes us one. His indiscretion cost us yesterday. He plays we win.

I've seen Jezza kick 1 goal 4 or 5 before. No guarantee that we don't kick just as s#*t with him in the side as out of it.

The players that ran out were good enough and had enough opportunities to win. You can't be blaming someone who wasn't there (regardless of the reasons for the absence). Besides, it's entirely possible that players would have ignored an open Jezza to take the shot (and miss) themselves. They ignored enough other open players in better position.

Mmm why did he play a full game in the twos
The option to rest if it got tight again. Work up some form. Things went smoothly and he played out the game. I back that particular selection decision. We should have one this round and have Cogs 100% for the Cats.

The option to rest if it got tight again. Work up some form. Things went smoothly and he played out the game. I back that particular selection decision. We should have one this round and have Cogs 100% for the Cats.
So Cogs for Steele or is Greene in the firing line

Really disappointing loss, did everything needed to win but kick straight enough, and that's ignoring the umpiring decisions that gifted Melbourne their first goal and the missed call the would, almost certainly, have gift Lobb another from the top of the square.

Lobb was great as a tall target but finished with 2-3, our officially listed forwards goal % were: Scully 50%, Lobb 40%, Johnson 40%, Smith 25%, Tomlinson 0%, Palmer 0%. That's the game.

We must make our home grounds fortresses, or we wont make finals, 8 of our 11 wins last season came at home. Both Geelong and Port Adelaide are teams we play twice this season, if we can't beat both of them at home, its hard to see where 12 wins comes from. and last year it took 13 to make finals.

I was at the G yesterday for our game, and agree 100 percent with this summary.

Really, it all comes down to our upcoming two home games at Manuka. Win these and the season is on track. No away team has won this weekend, so we're not Robinson Crusoe.

Having been at Etihad today and seen Freo completely and utterly obliterated, there are teams with higher expectations than us who are completely off the rails.

This season is going to have a lot of twists and turns, but we just can't be zero and four. We'll learn a lot about the character of each our players by the end of round 4.

As an aside, I disagree with other posters who argue Treloar will be happy with his choice after round 1. Buckley makes Lyon look like a premiership coach...

LOL..same game mate. So you rated Steele's game much better, or marginally better? In what ways?

Not a whole lot better, but at least I remember seeing him before the last five minutes. He was also one of the few who hit an open target in front of goal instead of blazing away. He also found space in front of goal (only to be ignored by others).

Greene: 12 disp @ 75% (9 effective) 3 marks 3 tackles 1goal 1 behind (both in the last 4 minutes of the game) 5 score involvements 0 inside 50s, 0 rebound 50s 0 clearances
Steele: 11 disp @ 72% (8 effective) 3 marks 2 tackles 1 goal 6 score involvements 3 inside 50s 1 rebound 50 1 clearance.

Weirdly enough, but according to the app I got those stats from, Greene had 6 clangers to Steele's 2, but how that works when you have 9/12 effective possessions is a little beyond me.

Coin toss really - but check my sig as to who I advocate for...;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 1, Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sat 26th March 2016, 1.40pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back