Parramatta Eels
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Penrith Panthers
Brisbane Broncos
New Zealand Warriors
Melbourne Storm

Heres my tips

Bulldogs by 10
- should be pretty close but the dogs should run away with the game late in the 2nd half
Roosters by 20
- should easily be too strong for the bunnies even without fittler.
Panthers by 8
- should be too strong for the Sharkies esp with Gower and Presto, Sharks with alot of new combos which may take a while to gel.
Broncos by 2
- should be the game of the round in my opinion, may even be a draw. Broncos home advantage may just get them home, but i woudnt be at all suprised if the cowboys got up in this tight one.
Eels by 10
- the Eeels look a much stronger side on paper this year particularly after a number of excellent new signings. Tahu is a great buy for the Eels. The Eels should be too strong in this one.
Warriors by 10
- Warriors shoud improve this year, and with the influence of Steve Price will be a much better team. If the team can lift there spirits and become more focused they should make the 8. With this game being played in NZ, the Warriors should go home with points. Manly dont seem to be a side to threat in 2005.
Newcastle Knights by 8
- Andrew Johns. If he plays the Knights fire regardless of whos around him. Its been a while since Andrew has partnered Kurt Gidley in the halves, and now with an extra years experience Kurt should fit the role of five-eight better than previously. While the Storm shoud and will win the forwards battle, and while they look great on paper, i believe the presence of Andrew Johns and his halevs pairing with Gidley will be enough the get the Knights home in an entertaining and high scoring match at Olympic Park.
I think Canberra will struggle this year and are my tip for the wooden spoon. They have lost a host of experienced players and have hardly enetred the market to replace them. I think they may even struggle to beat the BYE.

Friday:

Canterbury Bulldogs -vs- St.George/Illawarra Dragons @ Telstra Stadium
Canterbury 22-16
Saturday:

Wests Tigers -vs- Parramatta Eels @ Telstra Stadium Eels 18-16
Sydney Roosters -vs- South Sydney Rabbitohs @ Aussie Stadium Sydney 28-20
Cronulla Sharks -vs- Penrith Panthers @ Toyota Park Pen 30-12

Sunday:

Brisbane Broncos -vs- North Queensland Cowboys @ Suncorp Stadium BB 20-14
New Zealand Warriors -vs- Manly Sea Eagles @ Erricson Stadium NZ 30-28
Melbourne Storm -vs- Newcastle Knights @ Olympic Park
Storm 24-20

Okay, this is what I emailed to all tipsters in my office competition that I am running. No complaints required, purely tongue in cheek.

Let's call it 'ODN's Locks Of The Week'.

The Anywhere but Coffs Harbour Bulldogs vs The St George Drag-Ons

The reigning premier Bulldogs look to be certainties for this game. With young gun Sonny Bill Jimmy Joe John Boy Williams taking the Lion's share of the under the table payments this year, we can expect some performances to match. Even Dragons centre Mark Gasnier can text an SMS to Centrebet and get some hard earned on the Doggies here. Bulldogs to win.

Wests Balmain Magpie Tigers v Whatsamatta Eels

Tigers are strong on their own dunghill but Parra have pulled out the chequebook over the offseason and nabbed some big names. Parra to be the big improvers in 2005 and provided they can gel together quickly, I reckon they will pull out a win first up. Eels to win.

Ready Red Roosters v The Almost Easter Bunnies

Souths are primed from slaying the Dragons in their charity shield match and the Roosters have to face life without former veteran skipper, Freddy Flintstone. The grand final runners up have the points on the board at this stage, so expect the Roosters to cockle doodle yabba dabba doo at the full time hooter. Roosters to win.

Cronulla Sharkies v Penrith Pantless

I'll come clean right off the bat. I'm an unashamed fan of the boys from the Sutherland shire and am expecting big things from the lads in 2005. They might be a fish out of water at times but they certainly aren't toothless. With Brett Chicken Kimmorley With Almonds leading the side and exciting veteran fullback David Peaches and Cream set to explode, expect the Sharks to give the Triple P's (Powerful Penrith Panthers) a run for their money. On (insert current sponsor here) Shark Park, I'll tip the first upset of the season. Sharks to win.

New Zealand Worriers v Manly Silvertails

Manly's preseason form is first rate but will Terry Hill lining up for his 48th season and John Hopoate penetrating the opposition backlines, be enough for that form to carry into the season proper? Ruben Wiki and Steve Price are on board the Warriors bandwagon which can only help the cause as their names are easy to pronounce. By the time the Eagles defence tells each other to man up on Iafeta Paleaa(take a breath)esina, the try would already have been scored. Warriors to win.

Melbourne Dark and Stormies v Newcastle Naughty Nights

Andrew Johns is back for the Knights but they have lost Tahu and Kennedy to other clubs while Danny Buderus will miss through injury. Melbourne have Queensland Origin sensation Billy Slater so enough said. The Storm were thereabouts towards the end of last season while the Knights lost their way quicker than you can say 'campus hijinx'. Storm to win.

Brisbane Bennetts v North Cowsland Queenboys

The Northerners really deserve to have shed their Queenboys tag after last season but old habits die hard. Should be a spectacle with opposing fullbacks Bowen and Hunt providing a lot of magic moments. Darren Lockyer really stood out on the Kangaroos tour and seems set to elevate his game even further as he sets out to wrap up the Australian captaincy. Former Bronco star Brad Thorn returns after a few seasons of stomping on people's heads in New Zealand. Tough one to call ….. Home game for the Broncs up against relying on Justin Competent Hodges around the in-goal area. Broncos to win.

Will we have someone who keeps track of our results and puts it as a ladder in the next round of tips, or are we just tipping without accumulating our scores?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbieando said:
You should know mods can do what they like ;)

If you can make Manly win the flag, I'll love you forever...

Hang on...we can win the flag on our own..we don't need you! ;)

ALERT: Arrogant Manly supporter!!...its been a while!

Think I got 4 tips this round - I'm tipping on nrl.com against some mates. It has a good system of tipping the margin and points based on that. I'm surprised people tipped the Dragons to beat Canterbury.

Pantsless said:
Please ask permission before you plagiarise my name....
I changed the name to protect the innocent. A closer look will reveal I said 'Pantless' not 'Pantsless'. I reckon I am covered. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back