Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

So,
looks like Larkey, LDU, Sheezel, Zurhaar ,Scott and the former swan who avoids contact are the only locks.
Good to have options.

Can listed as being in the modified duties group in today’s Hanger article too! Probably fine but there a lot having a late start.

I’d add both Swans as locks, Corr, Wardlaw and Philips myself

Looking to head up for the game. Anyone been to Giants Stadium before?
Good place to watch footy?
Yeah. There will be bugger all people, but it’s a decent little stadium for pure viewing and the staff are all quite friendly. Also no problems getting a car park if you don’t wanna get a train.

Yep it’s a boutique like stadium good for watching as you feel close to the game
Yeah. There will be bugger all people, but it’s a decent little stadium for pure viewing and the staff are all quite friendly. Also no problems getting a car park if you don’t wanna get a train.
Thank you!
Sounds a bit like Metricon in that regard, feel like you're close to the action even on the upper tier.

Did a tour of the Olympic Stadium as a kid, and got there by train then. Always found the Sydney trains to be pretty good, so I won't try and take on the Sydney traffic in a hire car haha.

Thank you!
Sounds a bit like Metricon in that regard, feel like you're close to the action even on the upper tier.

Did a tour of the Olympic Stadium as a kid, and got there by train then. Always found the Sydney trains to be pretty good, so I won't try and take on the Sydney traffic in a hire car haha.
Yeah because chances are you won’t want a hotel near Sydney Olympic Park, and driving between Sydney’s west and the CBD/eastern suburbs is a pain in the arse.

I live down south so it’s a bit more straight forward.

In my experience there’s often enough free seats for you to move around a bit if you don’t like your booked vantage point.

Yeah because chances are you won’t want a hotel near Sydney Olympic Park, and driving between Sydney’s west and the CBD/eastern suburbs is a pain in the arse.

I live down south so it’s a bit more straight forward.

In my experience there’s often enough free seats for you to move around a bit if you don’t like your booked vantage point.
Haven't booked anything yet, but will look to stay in the city. Plan to do a few thing while I'm up there, so want to be somewhere central transport wise.
Think it will be Golden Slipper day as well, so likely to be a fair bit of traffic heading that way.

Good for NSW based fans, that you actually get to see a game this year!

Yeah they only seem to get more than 12k, if they're playing the swans or a big vic club.

Backs: Bergman Corr McDonald

Half B: Sheezel Comden McKercher

Centre: Scott LUD Stevens

Half F: Simpkin CJC Ford

Forwrad: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

Followers: Xeri Wardlaw Thomas

Bench: Philips Powell Stephenson George

Sub: Greenwood

This the one, even Greenwood sub as he is perfect for that role. CCJ starting CHF makes me sick but it's probably the right choice. I'd prefer to see Duursma there, he wouldn't be debuting alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if Bergman gets a gig before Fisher for round 1.

Also reckon GWS will front up with 3 of Hogan, Riccardi, Cadman and Keeffe (and that’s assuming Himmelberg plays in defence) and so one of Sleevo or George becomes K Dawson or Pink.

Because that group is so young, on-field coaching will be critical, and so I suspect Shiels could be in the mix too.

Last edited:

Funny a Qlder would make that typo.

Biggie is a spud. Not going to wear the jumper. If he does wear it, it’ll be for a couple of weeks.
You clearly haven’t seen Biggie play in the vfl

Just watch the game he played against us in the vfl. He intercepted everything and has looked impressive at training. Good tank, good speed and leap

The modern prototype third tall defender

Just watch the game he played against us in the vfl. He intercepted everything and has looked impressive at training. Good tank, good speed and leap

I hope your prediction is correct my glorious Nostradamus

FKKKK forgot to sign into the disciple account

Round 1 team given the little we currently know

B Fish Pink Corr

HB Colby Dawson Sheez

C Scott LDU Stephens

HF Zuhaar Chom Simpkin

F Sleevo Larkey Curtis

OB Xerri Wardlaw Phillips

Bench Lmac Powell Tucker Goater

Sub Thomas

- tazz a best case but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not ready

- tempted for George or Dursma but can’t see them being ready

- I refuse to accept Chom down back. Don’t care what anyone says including clarko.

- ford not ready with his ankle

- Bergman certainly a possibility pending pre season showing.

on the eve of offical praccy matches, I've updated my round 1 team after taking on board what I've seen and read, injuries, the players mvp's etc.

B. Comben Corr Goater

HB. Sheez Dawson Scott

C. Stephens LDU Tucker

HF. Sleevo Bull Curtis

F. Greenwood Larks Dursma

OB. Xerri Wardlaw Simpkin

Int. Powell Mckercher ???? ????

Sub. ???

- No Fisher, McDonald, Ford due to injury/preperation

- obviously Thomas is the big one. Even if he is still a north player then, and hasn't received a suspension, he'd be sub at best given his lack of prep

- Phillips and Lazzaro have had great pre seasons - they could take up the remaining bench spots or one might be a sub

on the eve of offical praccy matches, I've updated my round 1 team after taking on board what I've seen and read, injuries, the players mvp's etc.

B. Comben Corr Goater

HB. Sheez Dawson Scott

C. Stephens LDU Tucker

HF. Sleevo Bull Curtis

F. Greenwood Larks Dursma

OB. Xerri Wardlaw Simpkin

Int. Powell Mckercher ???? ????

Sub. ???

- No Fisher, McDonald, Ford due to injury/preperation

- obviously Thomas is the big one. Even if he is still a north player then, and hasn't received a suspension, he'd be sub at best given his lack of prep

- Phillips and Lazzaro have had great pre seasons - they could take up the remaining bench spots or one might be a sub
I think your team needs work. Sheezel wont be lining up at half back. I dont believe Goater and Scott play in the same back line either. You’ll find a Archer in there

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back