Preview Round 10, 2022: Hawks v Lions, UTAS 3.20pm Sunday 22nd May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am super intrigued to see if we get any improvement in our clearances and especially as to who lines up at the first centre bounce. I would be happy to see it as named - Lynch, Mitchell, Wingard and Newcombe. I expect us to start well and then fade as usual as I think all of those 4 have fitness/health issues at the moment and the Lions have greater midfield depth. Also intrigued to see what we do with our 9 half back flankers and good see they have invaded the wings. Definitely need to target more half back flankers at the next draft so they can also take over the forward line.

I am super intrigued to see if we get any improvement in our clearances and especially as to who lines up at the first centre bounce. I would be happy to see it as named - Lynch, Mitchell, Wingard and Newcombe. I expect us to start well and then fade as usual as I think all of those 4 have fitness/health issues at the moment and the Lions have greater midfield depth. Also intrigued to see what we do with our 9 half back flankers and good see they have invaded the wings. Definitely need to target more half back flankers at the next draft so they can also take over the forward line.

Don’t worry - we’re now playing forwards at HBF at BH. :)

Not playing this week means he's dropped.

People have the wrong idea if they think being omitted has to be some sort of punishment where you need to show up at Box Hill or otherwise it's fruitless.

The coaches will be doing all that they can to help him turn his form around, not banishing him for a set number of weeks in order to pay his penance.
Hard to work on your deficiencies at home on the couch. Much better to have a VFL run to regain form.

Hard to work on your deficiencies at home on the couch. Much better to have a VFL run to regain form.
True, but I think his deficiencies and what they need him to work on isn’t below the shoulders.

True, but I think his deficiencies and what they need him to work on isn’t below the shoulders.
The chance he roasted in the last quarter against Richmond, when he had a man completely free, is indicative of a player not in the right 'zone' or head-space.

I don't mean selfish, but closed off from all the possiblities around him...the "anti" Sam Mitchell, if you like. That's mental tension, and self-doubt.

The chance he roasted in the last quarter against Richmond, when he had a man completely free, is indicative of a player not in the right 'zone' or head-space.

I don't mean selfish, but closed off from all the possiblities around him...the "anti" Sam Mitchell, if you like. That's mental tension, and self-doubt.
Yeah looked like he was actually trying to do the team thing and lift the team by kicking the goal but in doing so he put on the blinkers. Glad he got that next one where you could tell how much it meant to him.

The "Nash Haters". 😂
Season 3 Yes GIF by NETFLIX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is a bit of an issue when he has the skills of Judd, the speed of Mitchell and the vision of Jar.... (damn, that was working too).
Still works - he just doesn’t have the ability to make is vision come good

Changes and all that in here.

CJ and Tom should be good to go. Maybe Reeves is a sneaky chance?

Before a thousands posts are written condemning him to eternal hell, Worpel looks like getting a rest.

Ward, Long, Callow and others get an opportunity to come back in with Box Hill playing tomorrow.

Go at it.
Worpel is a great young footballer out of form for a minute, it happens to every player some need a break, a rest in the 2's, but some need to keep playing firsts, if CJ and Tom are back great , Reeves is the big tall that gives us first opportunity , which we need at stoppages lately , but what about McEvoy when? Or for that matter IF ever?? How bad is he and how really good is Reeves to come back.?

Cannot understand Howe getting picked again
Everyone gets a chance if they do what's asked at Box Hill to a high degree.

It's up to him now to excel in the ones....and keep others out on merit alone.

If he does, he does. I personally think he's limited at a senior level, and I would prefer Maginness for example...but I don't really mind that the coaches are picking on merit, and giving him a chance to show what he's got, rather than writing him off.

There must have been KPI for Maginess that weren't meant, while Howe did.

It has to be a meritocracy, for the most part.

Everyone gets a chance if they do what's asked at Box Hill to a high degree.

It's up to him now to excel in the ones....and keep others out on merit alone.

If he does, he does. I personally think he's limited at a senior level, and I would prefer Maginness for example...but I don't really mind that the coaches are picking on merit, and giving him a chance to show what he's got, rather than writing him off.

There must have been KPI for Maginess that weren't meant, while Howe did.

It has to be a meritocracy, for the most part.

agree by all reports the was BOG last week so must reward, Howe is so frustrating i thing we all want to like him, and he shows glimpses of what he could be but he is running out of chances - same boat as TOB was in but end of the day they must have done something right to make to AFL level whether we like them or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back