Autopsy Round 10, 2024: Hawks get pipped by Power

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost that by going defensive too early. I’m pro-Mitchell but continue to be unconvinced by his assistants.

The Rioli free was there but the one to Farrell? in the lead-up to his goal looked suspect.

Developing sides need those losses.
That will sting for all of us, especially on a Sunday evening but it is what it is. Will never forget Brett Ebert’s goal to break our hearts in Launceston 17 years ago - devastating but if it wasn’t for that, Buddy’s GOAT moment against Adelaide wouldn’t have transpired.

The best is yet to come. Let’s wear it and move forward. I hope everyone has a great week!

Port deserve the win, we went into complete lock down last quarter. We should have been still trying to kick a goal.

In saying that really impressed with Phillips and Serongs efforts in defence.

A lot went right for us in the first 3 quarters. We simply had to keep applying pressure by kicking goals.

We will learn from this and move on!

Really bizarre to swap the magnet to take Nash off Butters.

Nash had absolutely dominated Butters for 3 quarters and suddenly goes off him for JHF.

Butters pretty much wills his team back.
I'm no AFL level coach but I wonder if the old 'if it's not broken' approach would have been more sensible.

Although I didn’t trust the umpires in the last few seconds before the curly head f*** kicked that … why didn’t one ****ing player just hold the footy and absorb a tackle?

Why let it spill out.

They wouldn’t pay holding the ball for the exact same thing I saw happen twice in a row yet when Breust hardly took possession and was tackled immediately and was called holding the ball.

****ing livid

One quarter, ground was waterlogged, wasn't going up forward and we weren't looking to score. Come on man.
Yeah I dont know , it was very apparent that he’s just a bit off the pace .
I will give big credit to Phillips , I thought he was super reliable. Other than that , looked like the mids ran out of gas trying to soak up time and protect the lead.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

Am I the only one that’s positive about that game? So many good things were on display out there. The win is nothing but the fact that we got in that position is really promising and exciting. I see development across the board and the W column doesn’t mean much to me in 2024. You could even argue we want to finish bottom 4 to cash in on another draft. It was a really great game and I’m as excited about the team as I have been in a long long time. Had that ball missed and we won by 4pts I’m not sure I would feel any different about the game.

Yeah I dont know , it was very apparent that he’s just a bit off the pace .
I will give big credit to Phillips , I thought he was super reliable. Other than that , looked like the mids ran out of gas trying to soak up time and protect the lead.
He's not an impact player. He came on and wasn't a level head.

Phillips has done enough. Rarely beaten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idiots on here thinking we decided to defend (as opposed to attack) the last quarter, for no apparent reason...

Attacking got us well in front. You don't think Sam would stick with that plan if he thought it an option???

Clearly, he got info from the guys on the ground (players) saying: "Boss, we're f***ed & can't do this any more" so he decided to protect what they'd earned.

If they'd umpired the last 10 mins the way they'd umpired the first 110 minutes, we'd have won.
You're gonna be a lot more ****ed by having to constantly run defensively, that's why we looked so cooked.
We really needed to play how we were at least for 10 minutes of the last to really put it to bed.

Right now this group of blokes winning style of game is attack and quick ball movement. They do need to learn to slow the momentum when needed and when it’s appropriate. Hopefully this well be a lesson learnt.

The most shattering loss for a long time and we nearly let StKilda do that as well last week. So horribly negative.
For me, the most shattering loss since the 1984 Grand Final. That's how bad I feel right now. Just as well I don't have a cat.

Port deserve the win, we went into complete lock down last quarter. We should have been still trying to kick a goal.

In saying that really impressed with Phillips and Serongs efforts in defence.

A lot went right for us in the first 3 quarters. We simply had to keep applying pressure by kicking goals.

We will learn from this and move on!
Port absolutely DID NOT deserve to win this.

Really bizarre to swap the magnet to take Nash off Butters.

Nash had absolutely dominated Butters for 3 quarters and suddenly goes off him for JHF.

Butters pretty much wills his team back.
I'm no AFL level coach but I wonder if the old 'if it's not broken' approach would have been more sensible.
And Nash didn't really stop JHF either

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 10, 2024: Hawks get pipped by Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back