Game Day Round 10: Collingwood v Carlton, Sunday 21 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jen is just pointing out that it's not her decision.

Cameron will definitely come in and some poor bloke is going to be sub that doesn't deserve the "demotion".

Fly basically said the other day that unless there's injuries - he will rotate the sub.
I quite like the idea of a fresh Beau McCreery coming on in the last quarter and a half of a close game - it wouldn't stay close.

Go take a look at their results this season, especially the last 5 rounds. They have been fluckin horrendous.

They are looking down the barrel of a disastrous season.

If Vossy wasn't contracted for 2024, he would be in serious strife in a month or so. He still might be. Mathieson is causing trouble already.
What’s with that? Powerbrokers lobbing grenades isn’t helping anyone. Glad it’s them of course, but it makes zero sense to me to be airing dirty laundry through the media. As Whately said on Crunch Time it sounded like the comments of a disgruntled talkback caller not someone that’s had the ear of many a Carlton board member over the years. If that’s the attitude once he’s frozen out it seems to have been the right call, IMO.

Agree with your assessment of them on field. McKay finding his kicking boots is the only itch I can’t scratch especially without Frampton I think he’ll get some looks.

Last edited:
I’d like Cameron to get some miles in the vfl for a week but not sure that will happen

In Cameron
Out Ginnivan ( sub).

Edit…… mccreery also a possibility. Think it would be a forward though.
These days players seem to come straight back in which makes sense. Wade really puts them through their paces and you can reinjure a shoulder or knee just as easily in the VFL.

I’d like Cameron to get some miles in the vfl for a week but not sure that will happen

In Cameron
Out Ginnivan ( sub).

The VFL bye always seem to fall at a rough time for us. If he’s passed fit he’ll play senior’s because they won’t hold him back until v WC just to get him some VFL minutes.

I feel like the sub now needs to be used for player management. Of course, if we get an injury early in the game, the sub comes on early and plays out most of the game. But all going well, you bring them on late in the third and so it's a tool for player management. So I feel like it really could be anyone used as a sub. It's a demotion of sorts, but we can't fit everyone we'd like to see in the side, in the side! So sub is better than going back to the twos. Might find we have some high quality subs as we get a shorter injury list.

Still have memories of Didak as a super sub on a few occasions in the early 2000s. It can be such a weapon.

That's largely because we were abysmal that night. It's hard to see how they wouldn't have run up a score between them.

If we outplay Carlton and don't allow them an endless flow of supply to the two keys they shouldn't really be a large issue. It would be hard to completely nullify them, they'll likely kick a few between them but they should not be the reason we lose, if we were to.
We also had no ruckmen and others missing whereas they are yet to have a blood nose let alone a serious injury to anyone on their list. If one or two of their talls go down they are nothing special. Imagine if we had been injury free all year.

I have a lot of Blues mates. They are all quietly confident that they will roll us on Sunday. Mind you they are confident before every game. Very deluded bunch.
Really? All of mine are terrified. As they should be. Their last few weeks will feel like a pleasure cruise compared to the storm coming on Sunday.

In Cameron
Out Ginnivan ( sub).

McReery is undroppable. It's McReery, Daicos and 21 others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm always nervous before most games. I've been bitten too often not to be wary. Perhaps the media storm about their slow ball movement will finally have an impact of Voss and they may go for broke and get it in quickly to their two big key forwards. Murphy on Curnow is a worry if isolated.

We also had no ruckmen and others missing whereas they are yet to have a blood nose let alone a serious injury to anyone on their list. If one or two of their talls go down they are nothing special. Imagine if we had been injury free all year.
They did have Sam Walsh out for the first four rounds, but that's when they were winning/drawing. They have a few other lesser lights as well, like Williams et al.

I'm always nervous before most games. I've been bitten too often not to be wary. Perhaps the media storm about their slow ball movement will finally have an impact of Voss and they may go for broke and get it in quickly to their two big key forwards. Murphy on Curnow is a worry if isolated.
This is the only minor concern. When they went for it in the two games against us last year, they got on top. Its also their grand final this week. That being said, they have the kind of mental fragility that hasn't been seen since the French armed forces in 1940, and a coach whose playing style is 5 years past its use by date.

If Cameron is good to go, the only change I see is maybe AJ gets a rest this week...only because he was getting pretty banged up yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if Fly named Harrison as sub. He impressed me the most with his quick thinking, pace and footy smarts in yesterday's VFL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back