Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have liked Finn in for Howe.

Regardless, not mad about minimal changes to a winning side.

Newk, Day, Wingard might be my favourite named centre line of the year so far.
Thought Howe was important for our set up last week. He was able to hold down a defensive role that meant we could push Frost fwd. If he can perform in defence it helps us push the likes of CJ thru the midfield lines.

Surprised (pleasantly) to see Day remain. Awesome to have Scrim and CMac back. Shame about Jaeger as he is building nicely into the season and last couple of weeks have been good from him.

Hopefully we see lots of Chad, Moore, Day and CMac through the midfield to give us some zip to complement Newk, Titch, Howe and Shiels. Surely we send a tag to Miller. He’s their prime mover and limiting him will be crucial.

I sniff a late change with another tall coming in though.

I don't want Nash in the ruck. Leave him in the centre and let him do his
thing. He is so much more valuable when he is allowed to play without having
to do ruck duties.

Nash and Newcombe are a bruising tag-team. Put the belts on them!
Hope they take turns in ruck among Kosi, Frost and Nash.

Excited to see if Macdonald can take another step up after a chance to rest up a week.

Nice to see Day named in the guts also.

MacDonald has had more scoring shots than any Hawthorn midfielder this year despite averaging around 65-70% TOG. That’s impressive for a first year player.

Shame about JOM , think he has had a good month and really good last few weeks .
On the flip side its great Day got up .

Like the look of the rest of the side , gone pretty small which is always risky but given how most games play out there it may be a masterstroke.

Its quite a big game for both sides, winner goes 5-6 and still a sniff for the 8 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Howe was important for our set up last week. He was able to hold down a defensive role that meant we could push Frost fwd. If he can perform in defence it helps us push the likes of CJ thru the midfield lines.
At various stages he was matched up on Fullerton (could have been switched in general play). Certainly held down a relatively key defensive post last week regardless.

At various stages he was matched up on Fullerton (could have been switched in general play). Certainly held down a relatively key defensive post last week regardless.
Yep provided good stability back there. Jury is prob out whether he can play in defence long term on mids as if he gets turned around he is cooked with legspeed but perhaps he can play on a 3rd tall. Great that Sam is exploring another angle for him.

Flying up there for this one! First time I've seen a game in Darwin.

Anyone have any tips on how/when to get to the stadium etc?
TIO stadium is close to the airport if you're fly in/out. Recommend hiring a car. Shoot across to parap market for a morning laksa if you're in early enough. Going to be a great atmosphere.

CJ's development has surprised me.
The best I was expecting was a competent player.
He seemed a bit erratic and his ball handling looked a bit awkward at times.
Amazing to see him become an elite attacking defender.

Just as susprising to me as Moore's consistently excellent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back