Review Round 11, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v GWS Giants, 9 June 2024, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson has to come in. Shammy out and Hardwick stays in the backline.
Or Bruest out ….Bruest as sub surely means something ie hasn’t got it in him to play a full game atm. Without obviously saying “play kid” ….I think it’s time to play kid a bit. Particularly if the kids are actually good …like Seamus

He's like a jack in the box. Incredible vertical leap.
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

he won't be at Hawthorn next year because he's a free agent and at least three clubs are interested (although I am sure there are more). If I had to guess, he'll be at North Melbourne.
Hawks would be happy to keep him, but wouldn't offer more than a one year deal, whereas the Roos will offer three.
Watching it today, he's well above VFL level, as are Maginness and Watson.

The cynic in me says that as he's on 95 games, we need to get him five more games in the seniors. Can't have another Noah Anderson situation happening.

The cynic in me says that as he's on 95 games, we need to get him five more games in the seniors. Can't have another Noah Anderson situation happening.
Yes, it’s not like his form doesn’t warrant selection. Could be a sub option.
Saying that, if Anderson had came to us via father son we would have missed out on Will Day.

Or Bruest out ….Bruest as sub surely means something ie hasn’t got it in him to play a full game atm. Without obviously saying “play kid” ….I think it’s time to play kid a bit. Particularly if the kids are actually good …like Seamus
Breust will stay, Sam will do everything to get him to 300, plus can impact the scoreboard. Shammy is fumbling a lot at the moment and is a bit off.

Giants undermanned and not very good but enjoyed some performances nonetheless. Watson straight in time for Hardwick to go back where he belongs unless Breust is rested. Ramsden really building nicely in a year or 2 he will be a long term forward and second ruck. Much more combative of late which is key given the rule change. Scaife did some nice things enough there to take a look for a few years for sure. Not much else for mine Morrison Maginness Serong played well but not great. Ward solid when he got it but not prolific. hustwaite elite inside but is the game too quick for him given his lack of leg speed? Jury’s out for mine. DGB not great and Chad similar. Liked Cody Anderson hope he can sneak into the latter part of the draft.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 11, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v GWS Giants, 9 June 2024, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back