Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Be strange if the 12 day concussion protocol started on game day & not the following day .. because it doesn't for the 21 day concussion protocol..

The day on which the concussion is sustained is Day 0. Day 1 of the minimum 21-day protocol is the day after the match..
Aa you say, Bytel was concussed on the 12th. That was day zero.
12th 0
13th 1
….
23rd 11
24th 12

He could play last night provided that he met the other requirements.

& then off air he thanked the afl umpiring department for the brown paper bag full of 💰💰💰💶💶💶 ,as hush money lol ( not the 1st player to tell a porky 🐷 pie 🥧) 🤣
So why was he holding his hands up saying I touched it? He obviously knows they will check it. It is a sus comment given his antics at the time.

Do you think no one else can see the draw?

If can win with the team we've had & under the injury circumstances, there's no reason we can't win with a full squad 😆

Particularly with majority of games at the G.
For sure.
This game was a triumph of system over personnel.
A few returning stars and we’ll be a handful for anyone.

Agree. The umpires are determining games with the most ridiculous calls. Why would you make a call like that, at that stage of the game? The quicker these umpires realise the game is not about them, the better.
Talk about deflating and destroying a game of football in the space of a few seconds.
Freo may have kicked a goal from the stoppage, but at least that would be through proper play in the game. Not be handed a goal by the most ridiculous free kick. How many times, when the ball goes out of bounce, a player just tosses the ball to the ground, or throws it back wide of the boundary umpire. Or when an umpire calls for a bounce, and the player just leaves the ball on the ground. Are those now going to be called free kicks during this round? What a dkhead precedent that moron has set for the remainder of this round!!!!
I'm so pissed off, because these umps are making the game hard to watch. They miss so many free kicks during the game then go and pull out a ridiculous free like that at a vital part of the game, that just destroys the whole game. What a precious little runt Nicholls is, he wasn't handed the ball to his hand.
Imagine a team losing a premiership with a decision like that, fk me dead!!!

Players are allowed to just drop the ball as far as I’m aware. If Sullivan had just put it on the ground Nicholls wouldn’t have had any opportunity to pay the free.

What if a player decided to hoof the ball into the stands instead of passing to the scump? That would waste everybody’s time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
True.
And most are only focused on how the time clock has stopped and therefore wastes no time.
But it does provide a team more time to set up for the ball up than they may otherwise have been ready for.
Maybe this is also part of the intent of the rule.

Players are allowed to just drop the ball as far as I’m aware. If Sullivan had just put it on the ground Nicholls wouldn’t have had any opportunity to pay the free.

I prided myself on handing back the ball to the Scump at every opportunity in the forlorn hope my sucking up might pay off later.

True.
And most are only focused on how the time clock has stopped and therefore wastes no time.
But it does provide a team more time to set up for the ball up than they may otherwise have been ready for.
Maybe this is also part of the intent of the rule.

Whilst Lachie didn’t seem to be thinking about wasting time he was definitely focused on where he needed to get to before the ball up. By passing to ND, he did give himself more time to get there.

But boy did he fail some tests in the last two minutes. Leaving aside the free kick, didn't mark when he could have, twenty seconds later let the ball bounce out of his possession for the dockers to pick up. Not massive blues but noticeable.
Agree however I reckon he balanced those moments with some other quite promising efforts, tackled hard, could have jagged a couple of goals which I love in a mid, has good hands and also took a strong mark when he had to. For the youngsters I feel that it was only when we seemed to slow the game down that they struggled really. May have just been too much to ask of them but huge learning experience for Sullivan and others.

Wasn’t just the made up free to Darcy

Quaynor touched it. The review showed it was touched and they just let the goal go

Sorry to intrude guys. We totally stole 2 points there, but Quaynor admitted in an interview after the game he never touched it. To many games are being decided by the umpires

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm going to say is imagine if a umpiring decision like that cost a team a premiership. Also fans from other teams saying that it was the right call would be just as pissed off if a decision like that went against them and cost them a victory.

Makes you wonder if the umpires expect players to be courteous and help them out. I wonder if Steele had of paused, picked up the ball, past it to him, would the umpire of waited for Steele to set himself up? Of course not, he would have thrown the ball up as soon as he can, putting that player who hands the ball back at a disadvantage. Smells of AFL interference - instead of focusing on the rules - telling umpires to watch for certain traits.

The other thing, is that umpires are human, and shows it pays not to piss them off.

What ever the AFL says, it reeks of payback for a Sidebottom act. A shame he didn’t pay the free then and there and get it out on his system.

I have been trying to remember ever seeing a player pass the ball to another player instead of the scump. Maybe I have and can’t remember? Or maybe I haven’t because it is an unusual move to make.

Reportedly happened in a Lions game earlier this season. But nowhere near goals

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The day starts the day after the game. Hence Reef's concussion protocols started on the Monday, not the Sunday...12 days from that would include Friday night's game. If we played today, he would have completed the 12 day protocol & be able to play.

I don't find the wording confusing at all. I think it's very clear.

I just gave you the precise wording. If you refuse to, or cannot, understand that means a player can return to play on the 24th after sustaining a concussion on the 12th then I think you might need to enter the protocol yourself.

That’s the second match in a row we have finished games without any tall forwards.

Craig has to play AJ or Krueger really got the structure of the side more than anything.

Reef hopefully comes in next week but we need another tall option on top of that

It’s evident late in games where the game is made for big men down the line or in D50 exits

Given every tall forward we play gets injured, maybe we do George Kastanza, just do the opposite of logic, and play the most injury prone player in the league. Come on down Krueger. Going out on a limb here, he will surprise us all, and remain uninjured for the rest of the year

What a game, i thought we might lose this one, so i'll take the 2 points. It's looking like that free kick was kinda petty, but it wasn't the reason we lost the game. Too many behinds, 3 injured players and we looked tired.

But gee, don't the kids look good, HH 3 goals, Sully, Parker coming on and having an impact, Allan, Richards, Dean. Majority of these players would of been delisted or not given another chance at another club, but we seem to back our culture and gives kids a little more time to grow.

Go Pies.

Actually by the interpretation of the rule, if the umpire believes the player is time wasting by leaving the ball on the ground they can pay a free kick against

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back