Preview Round 11: Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Dreamtime at the G - Richmond Tigers vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 25th May, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only screenshot so much. Below Mansell there's Naismith, Rioli Jr, Taranto, Ross and Trezise.

It's a huge injury list. 18 players with 4 listed as a test, only 1 of those 4 being best 22
Hardwick put it pretty well- they are currently playing with one hand tied behind their backs.

Can only screenshot so much. Below Mansell there's Naismith, Rioli Jr, Taranto, Ross and Trezise.

It's a huge injury list. 18 players with 4 listed as a test, only 1 of those 4 being best 22
Campbell and Banks are fringe (20-30) players as well tbf

I have never seen an injury list as bad as richmonds

It is crazy
Ours at the end of 2008 had all of the following:

Neagle, Gumbleton, Winderlich, Welsh, Dempsey, Pears, Hille, Johns, Myers, Lucas, Laycock, D Daniher, Davey, Fletcher, Lee, McPhee, Hislop, Reimers, Atkinson, Dean Dick and Bachar Houli on it.

We literally had one fit emergency in Danny Chartres and we chose to play Jobe on one leg instead of him. 40 of our 44 played a game that year.

Neagle, Gumbleton, Winderlich, Welsh, Dempsey, Pears, Hille, Johns, Myers, Lucas, Laycock, D Daniher, Davey, Fletcher, Lee, McPhee, Hislop, Reimers, Atkinson, Dean Dick and Bachar Houli on it.

We literally had one fit emergency in Danny Chartres and we chose to play Jobe on one leg instead of him. 40 of our 44 played a game that year.
I thought it was one injured player as an emergency. Holy hell that’s a good memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was one injured player as an emergency. Holy hell that’s a good memory
We applied to have a couple of Bendigo players as emergencies. Think it was Skippy and someone else.

The Davey selection is more an indictment on what we have in reserve as much as it is on Alwyn’s output at the top level

Tex, Menzie and Jayden have all been sub par in the VFL. No point rewarding mediocrity for a guy who is fit enough to at least play AFL.
Harsh on Menzie, just played the one game so far with 4/5 weeks off. He's struggled at AFL level this year but let him have a few weeks there before we call it subpar.

Harsh on Menzie, just played the one game so far with 4/5 weeks off. He's struggled at AFL level this year but let him have a few weeks there before we call it subpar.
Yeah, I’ll wear that. Just frustrating, he was going well at the back end of last year and has hardly fired a shot this year.

Hardwick put it pretty well- they are currently playing with one hand tied behind their backs.
And both legs tied together.

Not one of our finest moments. Danny busted his ass playing undersized ruck at times and they still could not give him a game.

Not one of our finest moments. Danny busted his ass playing undersized ruck at times and they still could not give him a game.
Yep. He knew he was gone, should have just picked him anyway.

I truly hope none of our guys think this will be a simple walk in the park.

I really don't want to see us start slowly like we did against North, but rather hit them hard right from the opening bounce and take any potential wind out of their sails.

This, on paper, should be a thumping.
Listening to Stringer talk when he was on the couch he was pretty reserved. When they where pressing him about if they had what it takes he was pretty much straight down the line as far as saying the group knew it still had a lot of work to do and every team they face is a challenge as you only have to be a fraction off and you can be beaten. The old one week at a time came out but it seems that is the focus.

I think that the Tigers will start hard. It will not be easy early. They are back at home. My expectation is just grind out another win by working on improving our systems and working towards playing the game how we want to. I am taking any win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back