Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

How much depth of AFL ready can a club have. 16 players out with 14 of those being senior and the next level of players to come in.

But in both games (including travelling to Perth) we were leading going into the final 10 minutes of the game, against teams who expect to play finals.

Not sure what more we want and expect. We could be Richmond and get belted by 100 points.

Quoted for emphasis.

Great post.

The crap I’ve seen in relation to Maynard online is so sad.

I've found some absolute morons who still don't realise the rules have changed this year, but still think it's some sort of justification to do what Darcy did.

Probably the first time I've fought back as I'm sick of this shit.

Would be nice if we had some developing KPP in the VFL of genuine size and height.

Not undersized medium flankers.

Both our best 22 senior KPPs are injured: McStay, Checkers.

Next in line injured, or returning from injury: Reef, Krueger.

AJ is sadly out of form.

Cox who plays an important forward role, is also injured.

How many spots on a list of 42 do we allocate for KPFs?

Waking up still annoyed that the Dogs are so shit that struggled to beat us. With a reasonably fit team we easily win that by 30. Almost could’ve completely put them away in the first qtr with better accuracy.

I’m starting to get worried that Naicos will be burned out by the end of the season with how much he has been and will be doing while we have so many out.

Mate you said you were happy with a flag insinuating that going anti kpp was the reason for the flag.

I gave you an example of a decision that wouldn't of effected the flag in 2023 negatively but given us a young gun KPP.

Ie drafting of the odd KPF does not prevent flags.
I said nothing of the sort. I said we had kpps and they are injured.

It's tough, comrade.

WB people are supporters of a club with a tragic history.

They will cling to and find consolation in any victory against the Pies. It matters not how depleted we are, it's a source of pathetic pride for them.

Darcy, the gangly little pr*ck will receive his well-deserved vacation from the MRO.

Onwards and upwards for the Pies. Imagine we had a forward line last night. :)

In fairness… dogs missing Libba, Richards, Naughton, Weightman… very good and influential players too

And they played 9 players with 50 games or less to Collingwood’s 7 players

It was simply a good win for them.

Hopefully pies bounce back next week 👍

AJ is sadly out of form.

You have forgotten Steene, Begg and Eyre.

If only we had Naughton. He could have been on our injury list last night instead of the Dogs!

In fairness… dogs missing Libba, Richards, Naughton, Weightman… very good and influential players too

And they played 9 players with 50 games or less to Collingwood’s 7 players

It was simply a good win for them.

Hopefully pies bounce back next week 👍

That is a fair-view whiskey, but we are allowed some melodrama the morning after a loss.

The Doggies had their share of big names missing but I'll maintain that any reasonable scale will weigh our outs as more costly than theirs (NMBB "then they'res"). That's the hill I will die on this morning. :)

AJ is sadly out of form.

That’s true……but the last genuine A-grade key forward on our list was Travis Cloke, who finished at Collingwood in 2016. Unless Steene can reach that level, we need to make a big free agency play this year or next to get another one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That is a fair-view whiskey, but we are allowed some melodrama the morning after a loss.

The Doggies had their share of big names missing but I'll maintain that any reasonable scale will weigh our outs as more costly than theirs (NMBB "then they'res"). That's the hill I will die on this morning. :)
Doing well J - keep it up 😂

PS - talking of whiskey - sibling sent me pic this' morning from Duty Free at Melbourne airport

Screenshot_20240601-090812~2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s true……but the last genuine A-grade key forward on our list was Travis Cloke, who finished at Collingwood in 2016. Unless Steene can reach that level, we need to make a big free agency play this year or next to get another one.

I classify Steene as a forward/ruck and Begg as a ruck.

Hope Steene can develop in the manner of Cox, but he's no Cloke (so far). :)

Kreuger has presence and will split the packs. Does not die wondering.

He will usually also split one of his own body parts in the process.

AJ, for all his faults, actually finished the game last night. Which Krueger, for his talents, doesn’t do very often.

Krueger has been subbed out of 4 games in the 9 he’s played.

AJ has been subbed out of 4 games in the 27 he’s played.

That's because most of us are nuffies. Not me. And I'm a Collingwood supporter. Stop talking crap. Can't you see our premiership coach was lucky and is now showing he's average once a few things go wrong with injuries. He talks bollocks and the nuffies buy it cos the media overblew him on purpose and nuffies believe the media. Apparently we master the minutes ..Wake up

Donald Trump GIF by NRDC

A few quick thoughts while I’m sitting on the dunny this morning 😛

Started to feel early in that last quarter the dam wall was close to breaking, and it did to an extent. Once the midfield started getting on top of, the backs were just under too much pressure. Their decision to play a tall forward line wasn’t a huge problem for most of the game but once they started getting the sheer number of inside 50’s that they did, it was only a matter of time.

The reality is that we’re forced to play those available and guys are being stretched every which way to try and cover the losses, it was a gallant effort but we just didn’t have enough gears to go to when the Dogs really challenged.

We need to get the bye with at LEAST one more win (2 out of 3 would’ve been good), hopefully reset and get some players back.

Ps. I literally avoid any social media posts (other than the club) about Nick Daicos because of the abundance of absolute idiots commenting. Jealousy is a curse, the kid has played 57 games and he’s already surpassed what a large majority of players could do in a career. Yeah, you could’ve once argued that he wins easy ball (I’d argue that was his role but whatever), but he’s had the most contested possessions on the ground 4 weeks in a row. He’s dominating games as a MID, grow up.

Last edited:
Well we fell short and whilst it was frustrating to be completely shut out of the last quarter we battled hard to give ourselves a chance. Cameron
was huge in the absence of Cox I thought. Some poor goal kicking, terrible turnovers and just not being able to win clearances or stoppages in the last hurt us.
King’s Birthday will be a tough ask but we seem to be able to put ourselves in winning positions despite the current challenges.
It’s a very even competition so we are still in the chase. Just keep battling Pies👍

All possibly true (although it’s proven unequivocally that an A grade key forward is not by a long shot the only path to a flag)

Probably not a topic for a post game thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12 = Collingwood 82-100 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back