Game Day Round 12 vs. Fremantle @ Traeger Park – 1:00 pm AEST

How many goals will the winning team kick?

• 4-5

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 6-7

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 10-11

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 12-13

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 14-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16+ (lol)

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1717246269338.png

1717246332981.png
Do you like...contest? Do you like...defence? Do you like games where you can duck off to make a coffee and be sure that you're not going to miss any goals?

Then boy do we have the matchup of your dreams for a Sunday afternoon. It's the lowest scoring top-14 team vs the second-lowest scoring top-14 team, from the heart of the nation.

You'll see all your favourite forward stars. Like Turner! Sturt! Chandler! Banfield! and Petty! And they'll all be signing autographs!

Screenshot_20240601_230606_Reddit.jpg

The Dees head into this matchup off a somewhat convincing win against the Saints, where they kicked 100 points for only the second time this season, whereas the Dockers are coming off a hard-fought draw against the injury-hit Magpies.

Freo have proven to be a tough matchup in recent times for Melbourne, winning two out of the three matchups. As always, it will come down to who can convert their stratospheric forward entries the best.

Dockers by 11 for this writer, but I'm hopeful that I'll be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.​

No idea who tf wins this. Part of me says Freo seem to have our measure. While another part says we're usually strong in Alice. I think their mids will get a hold of us and that's where the difference will be.

Things that will likely happen though:

Petty has under 5 possessions
Chandler and Sparrow have zero impact
Kozzy will be among our best
Oliver will have another meh game
Serong will be BOG

Freo by 24pts

loop orange GIF

The forward line is basically the same as last week, JVR and Turner are the same height.
JVR plays as a young bulking full forward role who pinch hits in the ruck while I see Turner as the third tall who may play a defensive role in the forward line. Interesting to see how Turners used today but at least we have 3 young talls playing together, granted JVR’s out today. Bodes well for the future

JVR plays as a young bulking full forward role who pinch hits in the ruck while I see Turner as the third tall who may play a defensive role in the forward line. Interesting to see how Turners used today but at least we have 3 young talls playing together, granted JVR’s out today. Bodes well for the future
I like that we've gone smaller(ish). But yeah. JVR and Turner are nothing like the same player. Freo have some great running defenders and will walk the ball out of our F50. With JVR missing, we have an offensive target gone, and replaced him with a defensive minded forward instead. Fritta and Koz will have to have huge games if we are to get up here.

I like that we've gone smaller(ish). But yeah. JVR and Turner are nothing like the same player. Freo have some great running defenders and will walk the ball out of our F50. With JVR missing, we have an offensive target gone, and replaced him with a defensive minded forward instead. Fritta and Koz will have to have huge games if we are to get up here.
Don’t mind the small forward line either. We won’t be able to just bomb it into F50 so todays a great case study into how far our ball movement into the F50 has come along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, we haven't seen Turner enough as a forward to see if he can do what JVR can do at his best. I still think Turner is capable of taking a big mark or at least create a contest. At the end of the day it's a slight downgrade on JVR but a massive upgrade on Brown.

Considering how average Turner and Petty are and the fact they both were defenders earlier in their career, I really hope one of them is a defensive forward on Pearce.

Looking forward to a 70-60 score line either way 🥱

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Considering how average Turner and Petty are and the fact they both were defenders earlier in their career, I really hope one of them is a defensive forward on Pearce.

Looking forward to a 70-60 score line either way 🥱

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Freo like to chip it around in the back half and use control - they don’t like it if you press up on them.

So yeh hopefully Turner pushes towards Pearce and/or Ryan when they have the ball and our small forwards create a bit of chaos ball.

If we can do that, our only problem will be scoring enough goals!

Fair enough, we haven't seen Turner enough as a forward to see if he can do what JVR can do at his best. I still think Turner is capable of taking a big mark or at least create a contest. At the end of the day it's a slight downgrade on JVR but a massive upgrade on Brown.
Agree on those points. Turner needs to be played and it’s exciting to see what he’ll become. I’d like to see petty, JVR and turner played every week until we’re settled on a team to go deep into September

Agree on those points. Turner needs to be played and it’s exciting to see what he’ll become. I’d like to see petty, JVR and turner played every week until we’re settled on a team to go deep into September
Hopefully Petty can find some form because he's a bit in no-mans land ATM. McDonald's been good since returning to the backline so we can't swing him back. Not sure if we can play all three but happy to persist for a bit longer.

I had a dream I was running laps at an oval with a mini Clarry who cried and punched me in the stomach for not waiting for him.
I chose to take this as either (a.) Clarry will run himself back into form and have a great game or
(b.) he will stink it up and sook on the bench.
I look forward to either happening today.
Dees by 14 pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 12 vs. Fremantle @ Traeger Park – 1:00 pm AEST

Back