Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think McInnes will play. The wording of the afl.com article was clearer than the one on the club site:

After missing the past two games due to an adductor strain, Jeremy Howe could return this weekend to provide another option in attack – where he started in the Mother's Day game against West Coast – or down back.

Young key forward Reef McInnes is on track to pass concussion protocols in time to face the Bulldogs after missing the trip to Western Australia, while Jack Bytel will also be available if he trains fully on Wednesday.

On our injury report McInnes was flagged as red, meaning he is unavailable for round 12......🤔

"Go Dees - good show number 2"
My head of department was their motivation man when Carl Ditterich was coach. One day he appeared at thedoor of my classroom with Carl. When I slightly opened the door, my head suggested I ask Carl myself what I had previously asked him - 'Is there any truth to the rumour that Carl was a bit AC/DC?' I slammed and locked the door shut.

Hey Royal, I love your posts and sense of humor, but sorry this one went over my head, or, is it the TimeSniper LOL. I need a pretty basic run down ;)

Yeah, sorry, just prattling on about Time Sniper to get through the morning, please excuse!

Bizarre - think making unforced changes, especially for players who played fine against Freo (like Dean) would be a bad move

If Reef doesn’t come up in time, Howe should play forward with Kreuger, and Dean stays where he is.

If we win two of the next three we hit top four and can look forward to games against North, Richmond, Hawthorn and get to the final three games against top 8 sides firmly entrenched in the top 4 and with a full list. I can't see anyone backing against us then. We will also have the JFN narrative going in to the GF - so I say we make it.

There is a new Collingwood story being written this year. While my confidence in us winning the flag has taken a significant hit, your scenario is very ‘Collingwood’ under Fly. We are still in it - just. And it won’t hurt us for the Swans to be raging favourites.

Last edited:
Hey Royal, I love your posts and sense of humor, but sorry this one went over my head, or, is it the TimeSniper LOL. I need a pretty basic run down ;)

See this thread to explain the Time Sniper mystery🫣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre - think making unforced changes, especially for players who played fine against Freo (like Dean) would be a bad move
We'll see tomorrow, what positional changes in training
May be dependant on reef, so you'd think by start of training tomorrow they would know if reef is gonna be right or not. I would put it unlikely, think its too close

If Howe and Kreuger play forward then I feel we should be able to hold our own

The backline at least is basically full strength and the midfield is strong enough.

The forward line should still contain Howe, Kreuger, Hill, Schultz, Beau and a rotating mid which I guess should be capable enough as long as the midfield is actively kicking goals too

Maybe we consider throwing AJ down there as a final chance to redeem show something?

Tough news with that injury list. This is what I can make out of the possible side next week. The key forwards stocks are a shambles at the moment, but I would go with Frampton forward, who can pinch hit in the ruck. Howe returns to take his position in the D50. It could be AJ or Kreuger there as the secondary tall forward. I would opt for Kreuger.

IN: J.Howe, N.Kreuger, J.Bytel, O.Markov
OUT: B.Mihocek (injured), M.Cox (injured), J.Richards (injured), W.Parker (omitted)

B: B.Maynard - C.Dean - J.Howe
HB: J.Noble - D.Moore - I.Quaynor
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: H.Harrison - N.Kreuger - P.Lipinski
F: B.Hill - B.Frampton - L.Schulz
R: D.Cameron - J.Crisp - N.Daicos
I: O.Markov - L.Sullivan - B.McCreery - J.Bytel
S: E.Allan

You feel this could really be Kreuger's last chance at AFL level for us over these next few weeks. I really hope he can stay fit and show us something because there is a spot here in this side moving forward to play as that forward/ruck type given Cox's long-term injury.

Agree with your ins and outs but what’s your thinking in suggesting playing Frampton forward, instead of Howe?

To my eye, Frampton has shown nothing as a forward but is a genuinely good defender. Howe on the other hand has proven himself as a forward previously and is actually looking less effective as a defender this season. So I’d go Howe forward, Frampton back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s this rubbish about mihocek being brought back too early? Got injured on Friday 3 May v Carlton yeah? And played again on Friday 24 May, which is 21 days post injury and very standard for hamstring injuries .

This week
In: kreuger howe macrae
Out: Richards cox mihocek

Pies by 4 goals. And then bring on the dees. Anyone writing off the kings birthday game already really should have learnt their lesson by now
this x 2 :)

Kane Clickbait Cornes mentioned the same on FC tonight. This is factually incorrect. The initial hamstring was on 3rd of May against Carlton. He returned on 24th May. That's 21 days.
This is correct, however, the conservative approach is usually that a player misses 21 days or 3 straight games of football and return in the 4th week. This didn't happen with BM, he played on the 21st day and is now likely to miss 3 or 4 weeks. We took a chance and it paid off because he pretty much helped us avoid a loss but it was always a risk.

Surely we play both AJ and Krueger this week?
What a wonderful opportunity it presents both players for some continued matches in the first team to really stake a claim.
I wouldn't play them both. I'd play Krueger and one of our marking defenders up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back