Autopsy Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn mauls Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we try to argue Sicily down to one week.

The impact of both the push on Sicily as he dives for the tackle, plus Brocky coming in over the top means that Sic was not in full control of the tackle.

If he gets 3 while Dan Butler gets 1 the system is a joke.

Geez if a tackle like that means you’re looking at 3+ weeks unless you can argue out of it, the game has really lost the plot and it’s becoming more difficult to keep wanting to follow/invest in it which is unfortunate.

Also, how TF can you with a straight face grade that tackle as the same or worse than what De Goey just did?

Run past the ball, leave your feet, shoulder to the head, KO = 3 weeks

Tackle the player around the waist who has the ball, pull him to the ground…also 3 weeks

Brocky being there and making contact with McCluggage and also impeding his view of him. Both arms of McCluggage were free. Best outcome we can hope for is a week.
Sicily literally had his face covered my McCluggage's butt. Being underneath someone holding onto them while you're sat on can't seriously be considered negligence or intentional. If he goes, they're basically saying you can't tackle if there's any chance someone will fall over. Edit. The ball was knocked free, I was wrong about him holding onto it. The original angle shows it clearly.

Hope the tribunal sees more than just the outcome or look of the game. I honestly don't know how Sicily could have known there was danger when he was in that position.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never seen the media sink the boots into us like this year. Unsure if it's all linked to the racism fiasco, but it's almost daily.

We have long memories. It will be returned. With merriment.

Let’s hope the work experience kid is given some support in preparing the defence for Sicily

I think we try to argue Sicily down to one week.

The impact of both the push on Sicily as he dives for the tackle, plus Brocky coming in over the top means that Sic was not in full control of the tackle.

If he gets 3 while Dan Butler gets 1 the system is a joke.
Would love to see other footage of the incident. I'd be trying argue that Brockman changed the tackle when he came in and it became out of James' control.

He didn’t pin the arms. Not reasonably foreseeable because contact with other player. Maybe a week but I can’t see anything more than that.

The little shove into the ground post injury is a bad look and will cost him I reckon

I’ve been upset with the hawks not challenging some suspensions over the years but I’ll be ropeable beyond imagination if Sicily gets weeks and we accept it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We won’t challenge given we are already going to the tribunal to argue it. Just have to hope our lawyers are on their game.

Bloody typical! The one time I decide to stay on the turps rather than get up at 4am to watch the game live, and the Hawks pull this one out of the bag.

That was a determined win; they worked harder and wanted the ball more than the Lions, it really was that simple. I am not getting carried away with the wins just yet, but, unlike Carlton, our green shoots are growing and even starting to blossom. Brisbane's day was worse than just the MCG though - some of their kicking and decision making, particularly in the third, made me rub my eyes to validate I wasn't watchign a replay of the Weagles game. But what a great win by the boys showing character.

Kosi - who is not my favourite has had a great couple of games. Despite his one clanger, he looks very different attacking the ball, and with ball in hand. He looks composed and he made good decisions. And all that goal kicking practice seems to be paying off. Hopefully he is a late bloomer because if he keeps this up, he will become pivotal up front. I would love to eat humble pie on this one. Can't wait til we play Melbourne, when the commentators will be calling Kozi, but without Pickett.

Butler had a pretty handy game and that dribble kick goal was sublime - showed great decision making under a bit of pressure.

The usual midfield contenters were working together very well and looking like they are going to be a threat..

Meek had a stirling game; Weddle is a star in the making as well.. And whoever doubted Brockman's abilities...

There is so much to look forward. Intensity, self-belief, and although the handballs were a bit frustrating today, I did see glimpses of sliky skills coming into the repetoire.

We have a way to go yet, but this team is looking very promising, indeed. I#m so excited at the moment, I am having a double short of Red Bull to calm down.

And, if Sic gets suspended, that will be a travesty and I'm going to start watching tiddliwinks, as that seems what the AFL want us to do.. The tackling action wasn't a sling, and Sic was given a decent push in the back as he went for the tackle - hardly any intent in anything but the tackle.

I forgot, CMac - another young gun coming...

We have won 4 games this year - probably the number we thought we were going to win all year given where and how we started the season. Were in with more than an even chance against the Suns, Carlton. Giants, North, Tiges, Saints, and the Dockers.. and I would also fancy us againsthe to Dogs. Interesting times to come.

I think you can still challenge tribunal decisions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You can. I just don’t think we will. We will already have presented our case once. No point presenting the same thing again unless we can come up with some loophole like Carlton did to get Cripps off.

He didn’t pin the arms. Not reasonably foreseeable because contact with other player. Maybe a week but I can’t see anything more than that.

The little shove into the ground post injury is a bad look and will cost him I reckon
Can someone help me understand what Sicily did wrong other than tackle where the outcome was a concussion? He didn’t sling him to ground or drive him into the ground did he? What are they saying he should have done differently?

This will blow up on the AFL. Will be a huge backlash for even referring it (weak as piss Christian). The Butler one was a joke but this is next level. Doesn’t happen in the rugby league - only serve time for dirty hits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn mauls Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back