Preview Round 13 2024 AFL Season: St.Kilda Saints v Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 8th of June 7:30pm, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats I referred to earlier -
View attachment 2009445

For me Bonner's kicking is no better than Shane Savage when he was playing. Its generally just a dinky 20 metre side ways kick or a roost down the line to the opposition ruckman. When he does attempt the inside kick he normally stuffs it up and it ends up being a bad turnover. Then when he attempts to deliver inside the F50 his kicks are the absolute worst in the team. Give me a player who can shut down his opponent and make a physical contest (Paton) everyday over flakey seagull who picks up cheap cruise by kicks. Yes you are correct I dont rate him at all - in fact he annoys the bejesus out of me.

We have far too many outside type players in our team IMO, and Bonner should be the first to go!

For me Bonner's kicking is no better than Shane Savage when he was playing. Its generally just a dinky 20 metre side ways kick or a roost down the line to the opposition ruckman. When he does attempt the inside kick he normally stuffs it up and it ends up being a bad turnover. Then when he attempts to deliver inside the F50 his kicks are the absolute worst in the team. Give me a player who can shut down his opponent and make a physical contest (Paton) everyday over flakey seagull who picks up cheap cruise by kicks. Yes you are correct I dont rate him at all - in fact he annoys the bejesus out of me.

We have far too many outside type players in our team IMO, and Bonner should be the first to go!

I reckon you’ll be disappointed then. Can’t see him doing much wrong so unless we are bringing in Schoenmaker he’s probably keeping that spot.

Marshall passed a concussion test after the game so he should be fine.
Dodged a bullet. Shows how bare our ruck cupboard is.
Would this be game for a Heath debut?

I've been as frustrated as anyone with Bonner but he's in a new team, new plan undertaking a crucial role. This is absolutely not our year so I'd rather he get time to see if he can be a HBF in our side.

The upside is if Bonner settles we can get NAS forward of centre much more. That NAS => Hammer pass on the weekend, it was a thing of absolute beauty and something we've been crying out for since, like 2017 or so.

Dodged a bullet. Shows how bare our ruck cupboard is.
Would this be game for a Heath debut?

If Witts gets up it’s not a bad idea. Marshall had an ordinary game and could probably use a breather.

Play Schooey because at least the eventual dump kick or forward 50 blaze away can get some penetration through the footy

Bonner is a hack
He isn’t a hack. He gets plenty of it and can do some good things but I don’t think he’s nearly as damaging to justify him getting plenty of it instead of Sinclair, NWM, Hill or Wood. Battle and Wilkie aren’t bad users either. I would prefer having a solid defender down there instead of Bonner.

He isn’t a hack. He gets plenty of it and can do some good things but I don’t think he’s nearly as damaging to justify him getting plenty of it instead of Sinclair, NWM, Hill or Wood. Battle and Wilkie aren’t bad users either. I would prefer having a solid defender down there instead of Bonner.
Bonner is the least of our worries- it's centreline down the the forward line where where we need to fix things

lol at bonners a hack

look at the rotations with players in and out this year
has he kept his spot?
i wonder why?
even with 9.9 opp scores from turnovers...so less than a goal and a point in each game this year?
if we could ****ing kick straight for goal we wouldnt even noticed less than one turnover per game that results in an opp goal

(watch ross the campaigner rest him this week)

Sharman for King
Crouch in for someone
Hopefully Camaniti is given a chance to hold down the key role, watched the replay of the 2nd half again and he's such an aggressive competitor, Sharman not so much. And I think Sharman has had plenty of opportunity to prove he is capable at AFL level but just can't play the grade. He is good at VFL level though.

I'd like to see Heath be given his debut instead, that's if Hayes is way off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the words of Molly, do yourself a favour and watch the 2nd half, especially the 4th.

It's amazing what can happen when coaches have talent at their disposal to execute a game plan. We looked so much better when King went off too. Camaniti is our guy, hopefully he can be the number one banana for a block of games.

Special mention to RoMa, the way he picked himself up after that clash and didn't thing twice about getting to the next contest.

RoMa or Wilkie should be our next Captain.

I've been as frustrated as anyone with Bonner but he's in a new team, new plan undertaking a crucial role. This is absolutely not our year so I'd rather he get time to see if he can be a HBF in our side.

The upside is if Bonner settles we can get NAS forward of centre much more. That NAS => Hammer pass on the weekend, it was a thing of absolute beauty and something we've been crying out for since, like 2017 or so.
That kick from Owens on his left which Wood marked was even better, although the idiot commentator didn't see it that way.

Have to agree with this

Port got rid of him for a reason

His defensive attributes are poor especially after he turns the ball over

Half Back/Wing players should be quick and evasive with ball in hand which he isn't

The only redeeming attribute he has is a penetrating left foot but currently that is not being used to our advantage

In the words of Molly, do yourself a favour and watch the 2nd half, especially the 4th.

It's amazing what can happen when coaches have talent at their disposal to execute a game plan. We looked so much better when King went off too. Camaniti is our guy, hopefully he can be the number one banana for a block of games.

Special mention to RoMa, the way he picked himself up after that clash and didn't thing twice about getting to the next contest.

Caminiti is our guy :tearsofjoy:

You are on your lonesome there

We looked good after King went off because our midfield finally got on top and started giving our forwards half decent service .... NOT because King went off

King likely would have had a couple more to his name if was still on the ground

I rate Caminiti but the reason we got on top of the game was our ability to take over in the midfield and deliver inside 50 like a normal AFL side. King going out perhaps removes their lazy bomb game but think he would have benefitted as well.

I rate Caminiti but the reason we got on top of the game was our ability to take over in the midfield and deliver inside 50 like a normal AFL side. King going out perhaps removes their lazy bomb game but think he would have benefitted as well.
Watch the last quarter again, Caminiti was brilliant, he hunted the ball, he attended ruck contests strongly, he was involved in the really impressive chains and score assists and just his aggression, putting body on players and shoving players on the ground, he really welcomes the physicality and contest, exactly what our forward line needs, it makes a midfield work better when they have confidence on the forward line, it's takes the hesitation away on decision making for midfielders when trying to get the ball into the F50

Caminiti is our guy :tearsofjoy:

You are on your lonesome there

We looked good after King went off because our midfield finally got on top and started giving our forwards half decent service .... NOT because King went off

King likely would have had a couple more to his name if was still on the ground
Our midfield worked better becaue they had more confidence in the forward line and it removed hesitation in decision making for F50 entries.

Watch the last quarter again, Caminiti was brilliant, he hunted the ball, he attended ruck contests strongly, he was involved in the really impressive chains and score assists and just his aggression, putting body on players and shoving players on the ground, he really welcomes the physicality and contest, exactly what our forward line needs, it makes a midfield work better when they have confidence on the forward line, it's takes the hesitation away on decision making for midfielders when trying to get the ball into the F50

I rate Hammer. I believe you.

Not to pile on Bonner…. Even though I don’t rate him as more than depth….

On those stats he’s had 18 scores against from turnovers, second most on the list. Not great I’d think,

They tend to be without much pressure as well it seems, not like hack kicks out of the contest.

I also don’t rate his defence….
I’d like to see Paton get some games in the same role, but it probably means Sincs spends less time with the mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back