Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even exaggerating that was the most ineffectual game I have ever seen Toby Greene play. We absolutely shut him down.

Watching again, Breust was nowhere near the OOB kick from Sicily with the downfield free. Very clever to move in there and have the other Hawk players move out of the area.
We needed at least a behind. Anyone else and I would have been concerned about a very slim possibility of hitting the belly wrong and putting it across the face and on the full.

I also think the coaching around the ruck in the last quarter is going to go under the radar but needs to be absolutely lauded.

Having a three-player rotation invented on the fly speaks not only to the coaches quick thinking, but the players ability to be coached and follow a gameplan on the fly.

Weddle, Nash, and Chol showed serious intellect to get that plan to work as effectively as it did, and it's a bloody master stroke by the coaches to bring it out at that stage.

They normally replay every goal, why not this one?

Probably just got caught up in the confusion of whether the goal was being reviewed and where to focus, the ball up, the reaction of the players, even the commentators were confused, hell we all were confused.

I don't believe there was any intention to hide it just a simple slip up in the coverage.

Probably just got caught up in the confusion of whether the goal was being reviewed and where to focus, the ball up, the reaction of the players, even the commentators were confused, hell we all were confused.

I don't believe there was any intention to hide it just a simple slip up in the coverage.
Yeah nah, not buying that.
They show every goal, every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think the coaching around the ruck in the last quarter is going to go under the radar but needs to be absolutely lauded.

Having a three-player rotation invented on the fly speaks not only to the coaches quick thinking, but the players ability to be coached and follow a gameplan on the fly.

Weddle, Nash, and Chol showed serious intellect to get that plan to work as effectively as it did, and it's a bloody master stroke by the coaches to bring it out at that stage.
They were great although it probably wasn't as 'on the fly' as all that.

We went in with only Reeves and even he was in some doubt with the niggle last week. They must have discussed contingencies during the week.

We've matured since the start of the season. I haven't seen the second half but I thought after wasting our chances in the first half we would collapse and lose by 6 goals.

Big win in fighting out a game.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're in for a treat.

Here's the thing. İf we have an injury or a poor first half or so by any of our rucks, Sam has 4 choice of ruckman that can handle the heavy lifting. Chol, dear, Weddle and Nash! İt also gives us an extra mobile ruck Rover post stopagges . No need to worry too much about that part of the ground from here on in.

Impey was outstanding in the last. Love him.

He's really embraced that leadership role.

Gave Dimma an almighty spray when he didn't tell him he was clear to mark the ball.

MacDonald has been very good in both attack and defensive actions for the last fortnight. Hopefully this is the output and level he plays at continually.

Developing great belief amongst the squad and the hard working 2-way football is lovely to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back