Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any team that goes out to lose with half a season to go isn't worth following. You're subscribing to a loser mentality.

Genuine supporters want us to win every game. I know I do. Reliance on a draft hand to get future wins is pie in the sky.
Yeh cause winning like that’s gonna do a lot.

You enjoy not winning flags, I don’t.

You think you have it bad.

Fancy having 22 frdps on the field and can manage only 48 points against a team without their key defender and the worst mids in the league.
They have to catch a plane home

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the time it takes me to get home you can fly to Sydney

Been defending Banger but there is no structure or cohesion. We could easily take it in turns to isolate players and practice set plays. We seem to play like a kids side up front.

It's an unorganised mess.

There has to be accountability across the board, but Ross has made a big deal out of the whole delegating thing. Banger isn't doing a good job. I don't know how anyone could say he is.

One thing I've noticed is King really doesn't seem interested in bringing the ball to ground if he's not in a strong marking position.

At the risk of being murdered on this thread - I think our game plan is fine, we just struggle with execution - so many times we had acres of space and found a way to butcher the ball.
Yiu arent wrong. Our game plan relies on precise short kicking in triangles and slick speedy ball movement. Ok in theory, but add pressure, a good zone and our (often) poor execution to the mix it can easily fall over. When it falls down, it often falls down in very dangerous spot in the field.

I’ve come to the conclusion our forward line is ****en terrible.
Get Bing.

Welcome to the team of hating our forwards, I've been here a few years now and only rally liking two of them, pull up a chair.

This is where you sit when you say for Membrey to GTFO outta the forward line cause you saw him giving half arsed leads, stop propping and when it goes it'd be a horrible existence that we now are living in cause we just can't have nice things at this club.

Screw Bing he'll be as bad as his brother, get Keeler TF outta defence and draft an actual KPD instead of trying to convert one FFS.

They have a field full of planted seeds while we have a can of baked beans. We are feasting today and feeling smug but at least their future looks guaranteed.
Especially with the AFL's thumb on the scales for them.
By the way have heard this about them for 15 years.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have had enough of the King we have, I don't want another one. He might be leading the Coleman medal now, but if he came to us he would forget how to lead and give away stupid dummy spitting frees like his brother.

Delivery inside 50 is the real issue.

Neural here. Watched the team pump the song out, to me that’s alarm bells - there’s zero passion there. What’s going on?
That was as lack-lustre of a team song rendition as I have ever heard.

Delivery inside 50 is the real issue.
At this point everything except the backline is the issue.

People can’t really still be doing this “it’s not the gameplan” stuff.

Take out last week cause the eagles are pure wet shit and we’ve kicked 51, 62, 55, 53 in the last 4 games.

What we’re doing is the gameplan, this is what Ross wants. He tugs it over watching soccer with a sherrin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I’m a big RTB man & I go to training a bit and standards are through the roof compared to Ratts.

But we win tonight & it’s a RTB master class (which it probably was) & we lose & it’s how do you expect to win kicking 7 goals for a game?

Really turgid game style and not something I’m inclined to pay good money to watch- think I’ll stick to the TV.

I’m confused - maybe we are just rubbish & RTB hasn’t got much to work with hence the game style - I just don’t know?!

My highlight of tonight is meeting Liam Stocker.

Ross Lyon is a football terrorist and has no place in the sport that is Aussie Rules football in 2024.

We are the most unskilled, cowardly team that simply throws everyone behind the ball, tackle like headless chicken zombies and then try to frantically counter attack if/when we force a turn over.

We mess the counter attacking up all the time too because we are so poorly coached to actually execute skills.

St Kilda FC morphing into Ross Lyon FC is a disaster unfolding before our very eyes.

Keep playing like this and we will kill the club. No one will choose to watch this rubbish.

Why did we waste a top 4 pick on a forward and move to a style that has them kicking 1 goal a game... 2 if they milk a free kick they don't blast out of bounds twirling the ball all the way up to the last kicking stride?

Yiu arent wrong. Our game plan relies on precise short kicking in triangles and slick speedy ball movement. Ok in theory, but add pressure, a good zone and our (often) poor execution to the mix it can easily fall over. When it falls down, it often falls down in very dangerous spot in the field.
It just relies on composure. Not precision.
We don’t have it. Evident at VFL level too.
Can someone explain the King pile on?
People are stupid. Ignore.
At this point everything except the backline is the issue.

People can’t really still be doing this “it’s not the gameplan” stuff.

Take out last week cause the eagles are pure wet shit and we’ve kicked 51, 62, 55, 53 in the last 4 games.

What we’re doing is the gameplan, this is what Ross wants. He tugs it over watching soccer with a sherrin.
The ball movement is fine until we get within 60. Lack all composure and murder ourselves.

That’s not coaching. That’s execution from the individuals. Not tactics.

I don’t really care whether we won or not as it’s not fun to actually watch us anymore. Remember the mid 2010s ??
We were the team to watch . Anyway , happy that Clark and Dow are looking good . Clark is so creative with ball in hand and seems to have a bit more time . Agree that Membrey could be finished and sharman is worth persevering with in seniors.
Pointless playing Ross . Should be purely back up or delist.

Long time listener, first time caller.

First half, thought we were really good. We have been shitting the bed when we have the pill in previous games, but this game we were taking tackles, driving through and intelligently offloading. We were also looking for short kicks instead of mindlessly bombing it. Felt like it must have been a focus at training. Didn't take advantage which has been a problem.

Second half reverted to type a little. We play a taxing game style which impacts our skills as the game goes on and we were a bit lucky in the end but I think we deserved it.

Defence stood up, all of them, especially with Doogs out. Holding a team to 40 odd points regardless of our score is noteworthy.

Windy was immense. Should tag every week because it messes with other the teams mojo and patterns and allows our midfield to compete.

King is still off. Sometimes I watch him and wonder how he is considered a premier forward. However he shows moments and I think will work it out, but can be frustrating at times.

Hunter put in an excellent shift.

I have nfi at the moment about holding the ball/tackled without the ball/high tackle and tbh I dont think the umpires do either.

Another ugly win but it is better than a pretty loss.

We are starting to play better football with better ball movement but we are still struggling to get reward on the scoreboard.

We should have won by more with all the forward 50 entries we had but it ended up being another low scoring arm wrestle.

It's easy to blame Ross Lyon for that but the fast rebound game plan we are playing looks OK to me we just lack execution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back