Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

• Kreuger. Not only he didn't get injured, but when he is on.. he's a force. Its easy to forget what he's like when he is like that, we havent seen it since his early games in 2022.
  • Fin. He looked like an afl player. Finally. In the midfield. The game we always wished for him. Quieter in the 2nd half but was huge early. Hopefully this gives him confidence moving forward.
  • WHE - Didn't miss a beep coming back in after some weeks out. His overhead marking for someone sub 190 is huge.
  • HH continuing to impress in each game. Today no different
  • The noise when Maynard and May had the ball was bonkers. The booing and the clapping. Made for an interesting day
  • Lippa had a great game playing his half forward role he does so so well.
At the end of the game, Bruz and May chatted good humouredly. I am sure they were talking about their mutual ability to attract boos.

Agree with the rest of your post. It was the best I can recall seeing WHE, Lippa and Fin play. Kreuger I always believed was going to impress when finally given a game and he didn't disappoint.

Very annoyed with the belting handed out to Nick Daicos, I know targeted tagging is a sign a player is rated but it looked like they were kicking his shins in the packs.

WHE, Josh and HH so good, thought WHE was even better than Crisp.

Rapt for Kreuger, got through uninjured. Did one headless chook move (third man up in the ruck) but his effort was rewarded.

Credit to the coaches, putting together sides week in week out from the depths of our list.

Schultz was chasing and tackling hard all day. I thought he had a pretty good game. Those 2 turnovers were shockers though.

Markov's meh form continues and Bytel again has shown absolutely nothing. IQ is comfortably in the bottom 6 players every week this year. Dunno what the go is with him.
Dont know how you work out Bytel showed nothing. He was on for less than a quarter, and from what i saw he was in at the contests, providing support.

Very annoyed with the belting handed out to Nick Daicos, I know targeted tagging is a sign a player is rated but it looked like they were kicking his shins in the packs.

WHE, Josh and HH so good, thought WHE was even better than Crisp.

Rapt for Kreuger, got through uninjured. Did one headless chook move (third man up in the ruck) but his effort was rewarded.

Credit to the coaches, putting together sides week in week out from the depths of our list.
The umpiring of “tagging” is complete rubbish. They just let taggers assault them off the ball for no punishment

A great win, but we were fortunate at times, could have been much closer. Had a lot of things go our way. Dees missing goals, or having them overturned, our players intervening at just the right moment defensively, then at our end we had several flukey goals.

This is contributed to by pressure and team defence, most of their shots came from wide, but in the first quarter especially it went further than that. We were being outplayed but nothing went right for the Dees.

We eventually turned it around and got well on top. The Petracca injury clearly helped but will take that as some overdue karma given our injury list.

even Goldy was impressed with that win boys

football cheers GIF by CollingwoodFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he pressures Cox...more likely he pressures McInnes for the McStay role (??)
I'm talking hypothetical fairy land where everyone is fit. I have Mihocek and McStay locked in as key forwards, then it's Cox as forward/ruck. Think that's the spot that could possibly be taken by Krueger, with either he or McStay, or both, backing up in ruck.

I have a man-crush on Harvey Harrison. He is an incredibly smart footballer, who reads the play instinctively, gets to the right spots and has great skills. He does something constructive virtually every time he touches the ball.

It’s great that he has been given Swanny’s number. He will do it proud.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I love seeing 36 blasting away!

Can’t see why you’d say we didn’t play well, or what you should expect that would be better than a four quarter win with 8-9 players missing, over a finals quality side……..

I don't rate Melbourne as a quality side. That is the first point that I disagree with. People will tell you they are a quality side based on efforts in seasons past. But not on this season.

WHE is very underrated
He can play in so many positions and plug so many holes
Full forward at times today ,gave May the run around at times .. been good on wing and stints at half back
Vital cog heading to finals .. classic old style utility

He then might do stuff all vs North.

Difference between his Best and Worse is Quite Big

Same as the Hawks Snipers last year on Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back