Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been living overseas since 2021 so today was my first game in 5 years. Bloody good to be back at the G and see us play like that in a big game for our season.

We were sat near Bucks in the Olympic stand. He was very gracious in giving selfies to endless people at half time. I would have liked to have got one but felt sorry for the poor bastard. He had some hands up for Sidebottom’s grab.

Great day overall. Love this club!

Unfortunate that Nick had to be subbed off. Quiter day but still had 7 clearances. Could have gone for 10+ again if he'd played the game out.

Hopefully doesn't need to miss a game.

In Fly's presser, he mentioned that Bruzzy had gone through a really tough week outside the the club, saying "It's been really hard for him" and "It's unfortunate what's happened in his private life".
I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess as to what that might be and it's none of our business, but Fly followed up with "We love him".
Won't go into too many details but one of his close mates passed away.

RIP Muggsy

Carn The Maggies

If we look at the stats, think we've been a bit hard on Schultz. He has 1 less goal than Bobby for the year and has played 1 less game.

That said, Bobby's form has been a bit disappointing. Many credits in the bank, but has largely not had the impact ball in hand this year, missing goals and targets. Small forward is a fickle role, so as long as players, especially those known to be quality, are putting in the effort you stick with them.

Definitely can't doubt the effort from Schultz, he's been great defensively, and lately, competing in the air.

Question for 7AFL….

Surely you can work out how to choose commentators that are unbiased?

I mean….Nicholson is great…but a Melb nuffy.
BT is just shit (full stop).

And then you choose Nathan jones….who is 100% questionable to begin with, but you ask him to be impartial?

I particularly loved the “urgghh” that he uttered live when Melb blew a fwd opportunity in the last. Thought that was almost his best insight.
7 must be stoked with his performance. What a professional.

He then might do stuff all vs North.

Difference between his Best and Worse is Quite Big
It’s really not. Just because you don’t notice him as much when he’s playing a certain role doesn’t mean he’s been playing badly.

He’ll have a rubbish game every now and then (as do most players) but he’s generally very consistent.

Question for 7AFL….

Surely you can work out how to choose commentators that are unbiased?

I mean….Nicholson is great…but a Melb nuffy.
BT is just shit (full stop).

And then you choose Nathan jones….who is 100% questionable to begin with, but you ask him to be impartial?

I particularly loved the “urgghh” that he uttered live when Melb blew a fwd opportunity in the last. Thought that was almost his best insight.
7 must be stoked with his performance. What a professional.
Again would like to make people aware of SEN Sync. Dwayne and Whateley made the viewing experience bliss compared to those campaigners. Its amazing how Dwayne in particular tones down the puns on radio

If we look at the stats, think we've been a bit hard on Schultz. He has 1 less goal than Bobby for the year and has played 1 less game.

That said, Bobby's form has been a bit disappointing. Many credits in the bank, but has largely not had the impact ball in hand this year, missing goals and targets. Small forward is a fickle role, so as long as players, especially those known to be quality, are putting in the effort you stick with them.

Definitely can't doubt the effort from Schultz, he's been great defensively, and lately, competing in the air.
Given that Bobby has had a few games now where he’s given off anywhere between 3-5 goals that he probably could have iced himself, I’d be hesitant to use gpg as a metric for him.

Given that Bobby has had a few games now where he’s given off anywhere between 3-5 goals that he probably could have iced himself, I’d be hesitant to use gpg as a metric for him.
Yeah Bobby’s been very unselfish so it’s tough to judge based off that, but there’s times where he should have had a shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would agree early in the year. In more recent games he's been off, both in taking shots and in delivering the ball. Admit that some of this perception may be amplified by some late game mistakes in games we weren't able to win.

By the stats, Hill has 4.8 score involvements to Schultz 4.5. So SI almost equal and goals also on par.

Melbourne board is a riot right now. Top 2 threads are the game review where they’re all lamenting how shit they are and the sack Goodwin thread. Good times.

Hosk return was a big boost today. Hands were great, held some tough marks.

Look forward to a time where Frampton does not need to play forward. Better this week, but still didn't offer much. Guess he may stay there until Cox returns.

Hosk return was a big boost today. Hands were great, held some tough marks.

Look forward to a time where Frampton does not need to play forward. Better this week, but still didn't offer much. Guess he may stay there until Cox returns.

I think they like the better contest in the ruck, but there will be more options after the bye when Checkers is back. A lot may depend on whether Krueger can back that up. And Howe's form the last two games in Billy's role poses another question. I think he's got his mojo back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back