Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeeeeeezus ! Imagine if they keep up their current form until then?

Delicious.
Imagine knocking them out of finals contention then - a tasty appetiser for what's to come over the finals period.

Tweak I'd make is the kicker needs to start from the 'kicking over the mark' position, not the position he ends up after a mark or free kick, particularly as the man on the mark is either 5 meters back or bolted to the turf. This still, fairly, advantages the side with the ball.
Of course, if play is continuous, then go for your life.
Simply allow players on the mark to move forward or back, but not sideways. Would achieve much the same as the stand rule, but eliminate a lot of confusion

Last edited:
Note to rest of competition…its a great idea to tag Naicos and restrict him from not getting three brownlow votes, especially if it takes one of your best players to do it.

Even better when Pendlebury, Degoey and Mitchell are back.

Naicos played better than most of the Melbourne players and he was only on for three quarters.

Keep on taggin!’ 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Note to rest of competition…its a great idea to tag Naicos and restrict him from not getting three brownlow votes, especially if it takes one of your best players to do it.

Even better when Pendlebury, Degoey and Mitchell are back.

Naicos played better than most of the Melbourne players and he was only on for three quarters.

Keep on taggin!’ 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
7 clearances tells me he was one of our best. A goal as well.

Didn’t they already beat us there by 33 points when we had a relatively full strength team?
They beat us in the "round Zero" moron fiesta.
meaningless shit which should have been Collingwood v Brisbane in round one.
Not the AFL's stillborn love child.

They beat us in the "round Zero" moron fiesta.
meaningless shit which should have been Collingwood v Brisbane in round one.
Not the AFL's stillborn love child.

Even Pies vs. Brisbane in round zero would have made some sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby is getting a lot more attention this year. Just like Nick.

But it just opens up more opportunities for guys like HH, or macrae.

And kicks attention is opening up gaps for Crisp and Lippa, Josh etc. they can’t tag all of them…
Loved Bobby’s strong arm fend off, that left Pickett stunned and flaying on the ground.

We played Giants in round zero not Swans. They were the following week.
Still should have been Brisvegas.

(keep in mind I'm old and drink way too much in years Collingwood is reigning Premier and years they are not.)

Don’t really care what Luke Hodge thinks.
Melbourne should have beatens us, given what's on the line and our injury list.
Testament to Fly's hoodoo.
He's got the boys believin they can fly.

That's a thing!

Last edited:
7 clearances tells me he was one of our best. A goal as well.
Agree. This Nick was well beaten story is just rubbish. Melbourne actually wasted one of their best players on him, weakening their midfield to compete against the rest of our players

Gee, Melbourne will surely feel very nervous whenever they play us. In our last two games two of their best players have either ended up medically retired or in hospital.

Whilst we hate it when players get called on the rule, I reckon its effect is a net gain. Promotes faster ball movement by allowing the kicker to run around the man on the mark. It's a good rule.
The big improvement is they can hit it flat to a teammate without having to kick it over the man on the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back