Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

So just got an alert about a new thread on the Swans board “should deliberate knee be suspendable?” citing the Petracca incident as precedent of course. Another reason why I wish I would not get these bloody Swan’s thread notifications. At a loss as to how to stop them. Help needed.

These losers are cooked. Who remembers who made contact with Mason Cox leading to his ruptured spleen? Would anyone bother booing Lincoln McCarthy for colliding with Murphy in the 2023 GF?

It’s a ****ing full contact sport, stop carrying vendettas against players for incidental contact while executing football actions!

I got one as well. It would have to be the dumbest thread in the history of history. This peanut would have to be a 50yo who still lives with his mum. FMD, there is no limit to the amount of stupidity that comes up on BF sometimes
Yeah. I’m probably on a short tether temper wise after listening to the boos from Melbourne supporters towards Bruzzy and not one commentator mentioned the outcome of the tribunal clearing him nor one ex player pointing out that it was a football act devoid of maliciousness. Meanwhile they were happy to suggest we test Petracca out. Joke

Great idea in principle but trying to adjudicate would be a nightmare. How much movement off a North South plane would be allowed or tolerated? Umps have it hard enough as it is.
The umps are (should) already be positioned and watching the same line to adjudicate if the player with the ball deviates for a play on call. Wouldn’t be any harder to monitor two players instead of one.

These losers are cooked. Who remembers who made contact with Mason Cox leading to his ruptured spleen? Would anyone bother booing Lincoln McCarthy for colliding with Murphy in the 2023 GF?

It’s a ****ing full contact sport, stop carrying vendettas against players for incidental contact while executing football actions!
Absolutely

Also I really hate taggers. Especially ones that hold a player at every stoppage. Umps need to pay a couple of frees against them early so they don't do it all game. Guaranteed they'd stop holding if they get pinged a few times.
Me too. Taggers are blokes with minimal skill who do nothing more than hold onto a player. Maybe there should be a camera placed on a tagger, and then the AFL can explain why all the "holds" were missed by the umpires. There are 4 of them afterall.

When I say “it shouldn’t be an issue” that would obviously require an adjustment to the rule as it’s written

Having said that, I still think common sense has room to prevail

Why would anyone complain if the umpires “did their job poorly” when the effect was a positive one? They already to do it poorly as it is and it’s always with a negative effect

I doubt anyone would complain if they just never bothered penalising a player for moving back even after stand has been called

Particularly when most of the time the players can barely even hear the stand call to begin with. Especially Collingwood players given were almost exclusively play in front of big crowds

I get your point, I just don’t think anyone would complain and the sport wouldn’t suffer for it
You explicitly blamed the “ can’t go backwards” part of stand rule on umpires “ineptitude”.

That’s the bit I have taken issue with.

I would like to see a player launch at a pack marking contest without raising a knee. It's unnatural. While we are at it, let's outlaw raising knees in a ruck contest. Just have two blokes jumping at each other, hands in the air, leading with their wedding tackle.

You explicitly blamed the “ can’t go backwards” part of stand rule on umpires “ineptitude”.

That’s the bit I have taken issue with.

Ok. Fine.

I still feel like my point stands.

Their lack of common sense around that cost us a goal or two in a Grand Final

So yeah, I ultimately stand by it

I would like to see a player launch at a pack marking contest without raising a knee. It's unnatural. While we are at it, let's outlaw raising knees in a ruck contest. Just have two blokes jumping at each other, hands in the air, leading with their wedding tackle.

Attachments

• IMG_6733.jpeg
    IMG_6733.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
So just got an alert about a new thread on the Swans board “should deliberate knee be suspendable?” citing the Petracca incident as precedent of course. Another reason why I wish I would not get these bloody Swan’s thread notifications. At a loss as to how to stop them. Help needed.
1718163222184.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a way our injuries might be a long term blessing - banged up bodies get a rest before the home stretch then (hopefully) final's. .... .. Pendles, JDG, Checkers etc

Yep. If i recall correctly, i think both the Hawks (2014) and Tigers (2019) won flags after being banged up early in the year, then they came storming home in the 2nd half of the year when they had close to their best teams to pick from.

I actually like the stand rule

But like every rule in the AFL, the ineptitude of the umpires ruins it

I’m completely ok with players not being able to move side to side on the mark

But

Moving backwards? It shouldn’t be an issue, even if the ump has called stand

Also they should be maki g sure the man on the mark and the player with the ball are aligned. It’s farcical when you see the man with the ball 5 metres off the mark and the man on the mark is forced to stand on…no one? It’s stupid

If the umpires were doing their job properly, everyone would love the stand rule

100% agree with you.

The amount of times umpires let players get away with moving backwards and then out of nowhere decide to pin one bloke, because he couldn't pause in mid air is laughable. Just let them move backwards for christ sake.

If Goodwin was a legitimately good coach, the tag would have ended once Petracca was subbed off

They were effectively down 2 mids and allowed a spare in their forward line all to stop Nick

Yet they still got pumped by 6 goals

He’s a legitimately mediocre coach and always was

Goodwin is just proof that not all premiership coaches are 'great' coaches.

Goodwin is just proof that not all premiership coaches are 'great' coaches.

Assistants don’t get enough credit imo generally

But with Goodwin, I’m just not sure that 2021 Flag really counts in confirming his ability to coach

COVID Flag against a side that didn’t even make top 4 in a season where sooooooo many teams were adversely affected by the rigours and emotional strain of hub life

It completely makes sense they haven’t really got near it since

Watched this last night and was fascinated by it. Incredible analysis by White and gave me a massively increased amount of respect for our assistant coaches
When you think about, it seems so simple and obvious too. Makes you wonder why we seemed to lob high balls in his general direction. Happened quite a few times and I couldn't help but think the smarter way was to navigate around him

When you think about, it seems so simple and obvious too. Makes you wonder why we seemed to lob high balls in his general direction. Happened quite a few times and I couldn't help but think the smarter way was to navigate around him

Have Cameron set up on one half-back flank, Kreuger and Moore the other. Kick where Gawn isn’t. There must be a reason why it’s impractical but I don’t know what it is.

Have Cameron set up on one half-back flank, Kreuger and Moore the other. Kick where Gawn isn’t. There must be a reason why it’s impractical but I don’t know what it is.
absolutely. My simple non-tactical brain just says don't kick it near him, but it probably isn't that simple

Well since you’ve been invited, (I haven’t been) maybe go and post this…

There was a bug in the system a little while ago that caused this problem.

From vague memory if you click on the eye symbol on the top right of the screen and then click on one of the watched options available you'll see you've elected to receive notifications from the Swans forum/specific thread.

Deselect that option and save the changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back