Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistants don’t get enough credit imo generally

But with Goodwin, I’m just not sure that 2021 Flag really counts in confirming his ability to coach

COVID Flag against a side that didn’t even make top 4 in a season where sooooooo many teams were adversely affected by the rigours and emotional strain of hub life

It completely makes sense they haven’t really got near it since

It’s just as valid to say that their premiership and his coaching performance were even more meritorious because it was a “covid year”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This sort of crap always surfaces after an injury.
Darcy's knee into Petracca was accidental contact as he was leaping to spoil.
Players flying for marks use a knee to get extra height, as Jezza and Sidey did on Monday.
Would they outlaw that as well?
I think you have responded to the wrong post.

Well...not really?

Given what we've seen from them since?
I was pointing towards the sheer idiocy of downplaying a flag just because it was won in a Covid year. They have finished 2nd and 4th H&A since their flag. Their '22 finals series was poor, they lost a couple of very close finals in '23.

It's re-writing history to suggest they have been poor since their flag.

I was pointing towards the sheer idiocy of downplaying a flag just because it was won in a Covid year. They have finished 2nd and 4th H&A since their flag. Their '22 finals series was poor, they lost a couple of very close finals in '23.

It's re-writing history to suggest they have been poor since their flag.

I partly agree with his last statement though; it’s not surprising that the Demons’ performance in that year has not necessarily served as a strong predictor of future performance. The prevailing conditions were a major outlier.

There was a bug in the system a little while ago that caused this problem.

From vague memory if you click on the eye symbol on the top right of the screen and then click on one of the watched options available you'll see you've elected to receive notifications from the Swans forum/specific thread.

Deselect that option and save the changes.
Thanks heaps Swoop👍

I partly agree with his last statement though; it’s not surprising that the Demons’ performance in that year has not necessarily served as a strong predictor of future performance. The prevailing conditions were a major outlier.
2nd and 4th in subsequent H&A seasons is a fair form correlation with a premiership the year before.

It's absolutely insane to me that Collingwood's players cared more for Petracca's welfare than his own players, medical and coaching staff lol

But given we're talking about Goodwin I'm not shocked either

I remember watching the replay and noticing that the Collingwood players were barely laying any physical pressure on him. They 100% knew he was seriously hurt and kudos to the boys for taking care of Christian in that scenario. Could have ended in absolute f**king tragedy had they not.

no pics next week, Marvel only allow fixed lens cameras now, and I dont have one! cheers, jo xx

whole album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192627852@N07/albums/72177720317787109/

first goal! Karma!

all game, no ball in sight!

superb game by WHE
he smoked May all day!

the cheers won!

the joy from the whole team with this coaching team, i love it!

love it!!

hottest man in footy! they love him too!

never quits

whole set in the album

love it

GOAT!

first 2 were blurry bugger

[/URL]

oh f*&k

whole set in album link!! and on instagram

like a greek statue!

man of the match!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the replay, glass of red wine in hand.
The major annoyance was BT, calling goals that weren't, continually confusing Freddy and Billy, and just generally spewing forth an unending stream of inanities.
That aside I enjoyed it immensely.
I like Cameron Ling's commentary - he comes across as unbiased and just someone who loves footy.
He often utters a little laugh when something special happens, like DC's goal.

It's absolutely insane to me that Collingwood's players cared more for Petracca's welfare than his own players, medical and coaching staff lol

But given we're talking about Goodwin I'm not shocked either

I remember watching the replay and noticing that the Collingwood players were barely laying any physical pressure on him. They 100% knew he was seriously hurt and kudos to the boys for taking care of Christian in that scenario. Could have ended in absolute f**king tragedy had they not.
We're talking about the same club that played Brayshaw for 2 more than they should have

Also they should be maki g sure the man on the mark and the player with the ball are aligned. It’s farcical when you see the man with the ball 5 metres off the mark and the man on the mark is forced to stand on…no one? It’s stupid
They can't. The bloke who has to stand often isn't on the actual mark. So without stopping everything to align the blokes it doesn't work. And that'd defeat the purpose.

no pics next week, Marvel only allow fixed lens cameras now, and I dont have one! cheers, jo xx

whole album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192627852@N07/albums/72177720317787109/

first goal! Karma!

all game, no ball in sight!

superb game by WHE
he smoked May all day!

the cheers won!

the joy from the whole team with this coaching team, i love it!

love it!!

hottest man in footy! they love him too!

never quits

whole set in the album

love it

GOAT!

first 2 were blurry bugger

[/URL]

oh f*&k

whole set in album link!! and on instagram

like a greek statue!

man of the match!

Brilliant shots. I don’t think there’s another sports that provides action stills like ours. Constantly amazed by them.
What’s the reasoning behind no interchangeable lenses at Marvel? Struggle to see what the issue is unless your banging the head of the person in front of you with a telephoto.

Just watching the replay. The decision to send Petracca back on is very strange.

He looks to be shaking his head and not comfortable to come on.

Have to wonder if the doctor was somehow overridden or bypassed in some way.

Could there be more to this.

Just watching the replay. The decision to send Petracca back on is very strange.

He looks to be shaking his head and not comfortable to come on.

Have to wonder if the doctor was somehow overridden or bypassed in some way.

Could there be more to this.

I’d best money behind the scenes Goodwin wanted him back on

Like, we’ve all seen players get cracked ribs in games and the majority continue to play with what on the surface looks like mild discomfort. Look no further than Howe in the Grand Final

What Petracca was displaying on Monday was light years away from mild discomfort. Anyone with functioning eyes could see some serious had happened there

I’d be staggered if medical professionals legitimately thought he was genuinely fit to come back on

He was white as a ghost

Between Petracca doing what most hurt players do (“I’m fine”) and Goodwin most likely ordering them to get him back out there, I feel for the docs that are copping the heat for this

Like, we’ve all seen players get cracked ribs in games and the majority continue to play with what on the surface looks like mild discomfort. Look no further than Howe in the Grand Final
Actually Howe is an excellent demonstration of how players without cracked ribs are able to continue, and in Petracca’s case how players with rib fractures are not able to play on.

Howe did not have multiple rib fractures from the Grand Final. That has already been debunked.

Actually Howe is an excellent demonstration of how players without cracked ribs are able to continue, and in Petracca’s case how players with rib fractures are not able to play on.

Howe did not have multiple rib fractures from the Grand Final. That has already been debunked.
Thank you for pointing that out.

The people to compare to recently are Pendlebury and May. Both got subbed out but were able to return relatively quickly (I don't think Pendles even missed a game)

Apart from having 20 years experience as a physio, what the hell do you know TRS?

I’d best money behind the scenes Goodwin wanted him back on

What Petracca was displaying on Monday was light years away from mild discomfort. Anyone with functioning eyes could see some serious had happened there

I’d be staggered if medical professionals legitimately thought he was genuinely fit to come back on

He was white as a ghost

Between Petracca doing what most hurt players do (“I’m fine”) and Goodwin most likely ordering them to get him back out there, I feel for the docs that are copping the heat for this

If you’ve got a doctor in your team who’d bow to that pressure then you’ve got the wrong doctors on your team.

Thank you for pointing that out.

The people to compare to recently are Pendlebury and May. Both got subbed out but were able to return relatively quickly (I don't think Pendles even missed a game)

Pendles missed 1 game I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back