Preview Round 13 v Adelaide AO Thursday June 6th 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their ruckman playing his 5th game and first for 2 years ... we have our best midfield and leading goalscorer back in ... we should actually win this

Are we still paying $7?

Jason Paul Action GIF by Red Bull

Gunna win clearances and lose on turnovers

Didn't have the foggiest we are playing tonight.
Many thanks Shocking, Gill for your legacy and the new 'improved' CFL for making me so disinterested in my Tigers this year.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can’t always be the best, unfortunately mate. May aswell watch to see how the future looks with us playing the kids. Have the expectation of losing and just look for the little 1% wins from the kids

Win the middle and slow them down when you lose it and you'll win.
Doing this for a full 4 qtrs will be a challenge but the team have clearly shown they are learning to do this.

The other issue is generating enough of a score to win the match. Our highest score since Round 4 is 74 points.

I think our mids and backs will be competitive but finding a way to put the points on the board could catch us out.

Our line +30 is free money I reckon
Richmond at the half ... Adelaide at full time would be the safe bet
Doing this for a full 4 qtrs will be a challenge but the team have clearly shown they are learning to do this.

The other issue is generating enough of a score to win the match. Our highest score since Round 4 is 74 points.

I think our mids and backs will be competitive but finding a way to put the points on the board could catch us out.
Ryan, Cumberland, Kosi and Bolton is a really well balanced forward line ...

will get a lot of supply ... our backline will shut them down ... tempted to take the 34-1 on offer to win by 40+

Richmond at the half ... Adelaide at full time would be the safe bet

Ryan, Cumberland, Kosi and Bolton is a really well balanced forward line ...

will get a lot of supply ... our backline will shut them down ... tempted to take the 34-1 on offer to win by 40+
It's a huge opportunity for the whole forward line tonight.

2] Ben Keays,[32] Darcy Fogarty,[8] Josh Rachele
[4] Lachlan Murphy,[21] Chris Burgess,[12] Jordan Dawson

Never heard of the bottom 3, one of them is guaranteed a bag.
You haven't heard of our captain and AA in 2023 Jordan Dawson? Did you just miss his name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily our weakest team on paper this year without Tex and Rankine and Dawson playing sore. Also lost our best clearance mid for the season in Crouch. Finally brought in a ruckman that can actually mark and kick the ball though, so that helps a bit. Also playing Murphy and McHenry in the same team 🤮.

Could see this being a lower scoring slugfest if your team puts out the performances from the last 2 weeks.

Sucks for Smith, but you have to be ruthless at afl level sometimes. They go in with the side they think will be a better chance of winning, they can’t just gift him a game because he only played 10 minutes last week.

he will know its nothing personal and that he will get his turn.
I don’t know, this feels more like disdain or contempt than ruthlessness to me. Ruthless is dropping Seth Green for weeks after his debut game. I’m OK with that. But giving Smith only 12 minutes of game time after he brought his family down from WA to watch him play and then dropping him the week after? That’s bordering on disdain. OK, maybe disdain and contempt are too strong of words to describe this, but I still think it’s disrespectful even if there was no malice in it.

I’ll admit that our treatment of youth has improved greatly since Yze came on board. He’s giving most of them a great shot even before the injuries. But, we evidently still have room for improvement.

I don’t know, this feels more like disdain or contempt than ruthlessness to me. Ruthless is dropping Seth Green for weeks after his debut game. I’m OK with that. But giving Smith only 12 minutes of game time after he brought his family down from WA to watch him play and then dropping him the week after? That’s bordering on disdain. OK, maybe disdain and contempt are too strong of words to describe this, but I still think it’s disrespectful even if there was no malice in it.

I’ll admit that our treatment of youth has improved greatly since Yze came on board. He’s giving most of them a great shot even before the injuries. But, we evidently still have room for improvement.
It's a bloody disgrace and I guess the real test of character for this young man will be how he goes on the weekend in the VFL. You wouldn't blame him if he plays an absolute stinker.

I was hoping to just have a chat about the game, but fairly clear that aint happening with these responses. I'll see myself out.
Sorry mate. Was just a bit of banter.

I'm curious about the Strachan inclusion. Has he been dominating the twos, or is it just a case ROB not being in your future plans?

I was hoping to just have a chat about the game, but fairly clear that aint happening with these responses. I'll see myself out.
Always welcome for a discussion, mate. Don’t let a bit of banter along the way deter you, feel free to give some back 👍

Don't blame the club, blame the AFL for having a Sub rule. It's a stupid thing that everyone in player land hates but yet the AFL thinks it adds something to the game when all it does is prevent 18-36 players every week from having a full game.

Hopefully it gets abolished next year never to be seen again, why they brought it back is mind boggling.

Plus as a side note, i was at the game and when Smith came on looked gassed to me so maybe 12 minutes was all he had in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back