Preview Round 13 v Adelaide AO Thursday June 6th 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame the club, blame the AFL for having a Sub rule. It's a stupid thing that everyone in player land hates but yet the AFL thinks it adds something to the game when all it does is prevent 18-36 players every week from having a full game.

Hopefully it gets abolished next year never to be seen again, why they brought it back is mind boggling.

Plus as a side note, i was at the game and when Smith came on looked gassed to me so maybe 12 minutes was all he had in him.
I agree with getting rid of the sub. Just extend the bench by 1 instead. It leads to a situation like this.

Smith definitely had more than 12 mins in him though. He would not be selected if 12 mins was all he had to offer

Easily our weakest team on paper this year without Tex and Rankine and Dawson playing sore. Also lost our best clearance mid for the season in Crouch. Finally brought in a ruckman that can actually mark and kick the ball though, so that helps a bit. Also playing Murphy and McHenry in the same team 🤮.

Could see this being a lower scoring slugfest if your team puts out the performances from the last 2 weeks.
I don't know the Crows list will enough to know how you are shaping up across the field with your ins and outs but looking at the list of injured players your lot have, it certainly does look like you are missing some very important personnel.

You could very well be right that it might be a low scoring game as both teams struggle to finish their opportunities.

What's the prediction for the weather tonight over there?

Sorry mate. Was just a bit of banter.

I'm curious about the Strachan inclusion. Has he been dominating the twos, or is it just a case ROB not being in your future plans?

Always welcome for a discussion, mate. Don’t let a bit of banter along the way deter you, feel free to give some back 👍
Thanks guys, just a bit sensitive atm given our season is in free fall!

Strachan has dominated the twos for a while now, would be in the top 2 or 3 rucks consistently the last 2-3 years. ROB's hitout stats may look fine, but he really struggles to take a mark these days (which was his biggest strength in his B&F season of 2020) and is the most uncoordinated kick you'll see playing AFL. IF he actually takes a mark, teams just zone off him and force a kick as they know it'll be an easy turnover.

Strachan can actually take a mark, has good disposal and hits the scoreboard somewhat consistently. We need to give him a stretch of games now and see if he's worth persisting with, or I'm sure we'll be hunting for a new ruck in the off season.

Brodie Smith is another senior who has really dropped off this year and his continued selection is very frustrating for our fan base, especially with Curtin languishing in the 2s. Strong rumour was that he was getting dropped this week, but Cook picked up a very late injury at training yesterday and saved him.

Nicks is a very conservative coach when it comes to selection and his gameday coaching is sub par, skating on thin ice regardless of the extension, our club has sacked coaches with far better coaching records than this.

I don't know the Crows list will enough to know how you are shaping up across the field with your ins and outs but looking at the list of injured players your lot have certainly does look like you are missing some very important personnel.

You could very well be right that it might be a low scoring game as both teams struggle to finish their opportunities.

What's the prediction for the weather tonight over there?
We will get Tex, Rankine, Nick Murray and probably Cook back next week; but yeah, until then this is certainly our weakest lineup of the season. Thilthorpe and Worrell won't be back until after the bye.

Unlikely to be any rain but has been cold and overcast all day. Not any wind to speak of. Should be decent conditions for footy.

Why drop first gamer Smith after giving him 7 seconds of gametime, for a likely underdone Taranto/Prestia when we are 1-11 going for pick #2. After a 5-day break we are better off resting someone that's recently had an injury and have them fresh for Dusty's 300th.

The club in in our prime were happy to give the kids a few games in the firsts, but now that we are actually rebuilding the club are booting them out instantly even tho our list is cooked.

Just weird.

Thanks guys, just a bit sensitive atm given our season is in free fall!
let it go skydive GIF by Red Bull

What a disaster ... we are going to win ... goodbye pick 2 ... we are about to be out-tanked by the Crows

Last edited:
Why drop first gamer Smith after giving him 7 seconds of gametime, for a likely underdone Taranto/Prestia when we are 1-11 going for pick #2. After a 5-day break we are better off resting someone that's recently had an injury and have them fresh for Dusty's 300th.

The club in in our prime were happy to give the kids a few games in the firsts, but now that we are actually rebuilding the club are booting them out instantly even tho our list is cooked.

Just weird.

Reminds me of pre 2016 when Dan the man told us (fans) couldn’t handle a full rebuild so they did a half arsed job. Used to select battlers like Taylor Hunt and Brad Miller instead of giving kids a run. Then we had the review and they identified DH was being overruled by the selection committee etc. enter 2017 and there was a lot of kids playing games despite a much more senior list than we had in earlier years, and compared to now. I almost think there was an unwritten rule they didn’t drop debutants after their first game unless they were filling in for an injured player.

Really doesn’t make sense about Smith when you consider his form in the VFL and players like Short’s form in the AFL.

unfortunately you didnt do it for us last week so g a g f

Fair enough being cranky about that! I know how much love there is for Carlton around the place. Sorry for and ashamed of our performance last Thursday night :$:drunk:

You haven't heard of our captain and AA in 2023 Jordan Dawson? Did you just miss his name?
In all seriousness I've heard his name a few times in passing, couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Thought he was some random kid. AA and captain you reckon? I'll have to google that, better not be taking the mickey. I don't abide tomfoolery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back