Game Day Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into the bye with a win against Geelong would be so good. Hope its a great crowd tonight and really get behind the boys who have been playing great football.

Things are going a little too well at the moment.
Expecting
- pre game koch announces a 4 year extension for Kenny
  • cats belt us by 8 goals
  • Carr is appointed head coach of Richmond and leaves immediately
Then we struggle in to 5th and lose to the crows in a home final.

View attachment 1712970

Where are you on the curve?

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there. However it's still very hard to fully invest and believe. Even tonight I'm kinda confident, but I'm really not. I certainly would never put a bet on it that's for sure. Plus it's so early in the year, that we could still have the bottom fall out of our season as it has in the past, super quickly.

So anyway, carn Port! Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week. Our season could be defined by a win like this, putting us on top, and in an amazing position for the run home.
Half way between getting my hopes up and I believe. I refuse to believe.

Much to the rest of the competitions disgust, and considering it’s 10 on the trot, I can’t bring myself to believe yet.

I do think we are going to get our pants pulled down today.

I'm still inbetween I get disappointed and I start to believe again. I'll get the belief back after the Collingwood game. We got thumped by them and everyone seems to have forgot.
Be nice to think it’s a Hawthorn Geelong situation. Can’t beat them in home and away but never lose a final to them.

I know Geelongs post bye record is shit, but just feel with the extra break, us off a tough game and a short break, they'll beat us tonight

View attachment 1712970

Where are you on the curve?

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there. However it's still very hard to fully invest and believe. Even tonight I'm kinda confident, but I'm really not. I certainly would never put a bet on it that's for sure. Plus it's so early in the year, that we could still have the bottom fall out of our season as it has in the past, super quickly.

So anyway, carn Port! Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week. Our season could be defined by a win like this, putting us on top, and in an amazing position for the run home.

AF30F222-5F56-41E5-8D1B-B37E78E0840A.jpeg

So you'll be the one dero we can all hear in the broadcast instead?

If they can hear me from where I sit, then you’ll know the caps lock button has been deployed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you taking your “everyone knows it’s butters - that’s me!” Sign?

I think you have me confused with someone else.
My sign reads “Why won’t you return my calls, Zack?”

If we win - 11 in a row - confidence - momentum etc etc
If we lose - its good going into the bye knowing there are some learnings that we will work on during the break and come back better and stronger.
Either way, I just wrote the press release.

I have a bad feeling in my subcockles about what old man Father Son will kick tonight and what happens when we try to counter it.
Hope I'm wrong.

Who normally commentates the Thursday night games?
Better have my phone charged for the 5AA commentary.

For what it's worth, this is a better thread than the one that idiot started last week.

Quietly confident about this one. We're running on momentum and absolute belief we can win at the moment, and I reckon we take that into the bye.

Today's high scoring key forward will be Marshall with 4. Rioli will pop up with 4 too.

Give us the June premiership and let's go

In context I don't think he cost us a ransom because:

2. Other than the top handful of players, it seems a weak draft.

3. No one else from the draft outside the top 7 or 8 has done much yet.
I think these points are pretty darn wrong... especially considering it's the second year for all these players. You don't want us to write off Sinn, yet you're already calling it a weak draft?

Outside of the top 10 picks:

• Mitchito Owens
  • Jacob Van Rooyen
  • Nasaiah Wanganeen-Milera
  • Matthew Johnson
  • Ben Hobbs
  • Darcy Wilmot
  • Connor MacDonald
  • Paul Curtis
  • Jake Soligo
  • Miller Bergman
  • Sam Butler

Are all already best 22 for their clubs, with some looking like absolute stars in the making. There are others that are also tracking well. I think it's one of the stronger drafts.

Going on their form as juniors, you'd hope that bodes well for Sinn, considering he was rated higher than all those players except NWM and Geoff Parker has a much better success rate than most on picking the kids with talent that translates to the AFL. The fact we were willing to trade a second rounder just to move up two spots to secure him should also show how much we rated him internally.

So more than happy for him to keep getting games, but he definitely cost us a lot and it does add to people's desire for him to show something. Especially as his physical traits really fit in well with what we're building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back