Game Day Round 14, 2024: Hawthorn v Richmond, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond on the ropes, we just need to finish them off.

Feel rough for Watto - bit of luck and slightly better set shot action, and all those behinds slide into goals. He's making his own chances, just can't sink 'em. I also don't think it helps sending him back to the Magoos. Just need to get games into him at top level, so they feel normal & he will start sinking all his shots.

He's too good at VFL level.
Seems to be going too far right to avoid the man on the mark, then hooks it badly. Needs a straighter run up I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson needs a sports psyche. Playing well in game although case of the yips with 2 gettable set shots.

If we get our fair share of clearances, will win in a canter. This mids need to step up in second half.

Richmond have only 1 play, win it and all run fwd like headless chooks. Win our even share and their fwd cribbing will cost them easy goals over the top.

Watson's kicking - is he conscious of being on TV?
You see a lot of young kids take a few years to settle, and if you talk to them early on, they do say they think about it
Field kicking is still elite but the goal scoring yips are real. I feel like in play he doesn’t have time to think and just plays on instinct but when he has a set shot he has too much time to think

A solid half off football we have looked very composed down back strength in the air (Scrim, Sic, Weddle).
Frustrating I feel like we have kept them in it, you don't want these guys charging home in the 4th.

Crying out for a CHF anyone who can't see that has rocks in their head.

Bring it home boys 7-7 🙏 let's go!

I felt they had the better of us that quarter yet we extended the lead to 19.

A lift from our mids should see a comfortable win. If they don’t it’s game on.

I thought we should have almost put the game beyond them to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back