Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

This won't be popular but it's time for a serious discussion about Rozee and Butters. On current form - as in, two months worth of form - neither are starting midfielders. In no particular order, Wines, Drew, Horne-Francis and Mead are all significantly better players and we look far more difficult to beat at stoppage when it's a combination of that quartet instead of Rozee and Butters.

Arguably we would be better served as a team if we played them both as forwards where their physical and mental softness will be less costly and their clever little tricks might actually result in goals rather than turnovers and easy clearances to the opposition.

The fact that they are captain and vice captain is nothing short of hilarious.
Maybe they should be co-captains

Is that banner of the giants legit? What is wrong with them? I seriously don’t understand their humour as a club at all, it’s childish. Ken sucks we get it, don’t need to remind us on your flipping banner. Maybe try and get some bums on seats instead of dedicating your existence to social media likes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
HTFU. It was the only enjoyable thing about today's game.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ruthlessness may have gone out of vogue in the AFL as a whole to an extent, but we stand alone as the only club that would employ a dud coach this long there's no if's or but's it's in the record books.
Correct

Unfortunately if the numbers are heading in the right direction as they’re everything is hunky dory.
It’s frustrating for your average Joe (us) but being totally honest with you as long as the money is coming in nothing is going to change massively.
You want to slay the Dragon you have to stop feeding it.

Is that banner of the giants legit? What is wrong with them? I seriously don’t understand their humour as a club at all, it’s childish. Ken sucks we get it, don’t need to remind us on your flipping banner. Maybe try and get some bums on seats instead of dedicating your existence to social media likes.

nah **** Port, I laughed.
I dont even bother watching anymore, sun was out this afternoon so I played some golf. played shit but looking at Port's score it was a great decision

TBH I’d be more upset with our weak, gutless leadership that have turned a 150 year old club with a proud history into joke fodder for a club that nobody cares about and didn’t even exist when we played in our last Grand Final. That’s how little respect Port commands in this competition under their watch.

Last edited:
HTFU. It was the only enjoyable thing about today's game.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not sure you would be saying that if we started doing banners like that.

I’m fine, I’m not offended, I don’t need to Htfu princess. I just don’t like it, do I need to?

Pretty rich coming from and liked by all the people that had kittens about some things Dixon said about the fans.

The giants banner is actually taking the piss out of the port fans more than anything.

TBH I’d be more upset with our weak, gutless leadership that have turned a 150 year old club with a proud history into joke fodder for a club that nobody cares and didn’t even exist when we played in our last Grand Final. That’s how little respect Port commands in this competition under their watch.
Oh yeah I’m doing cartwheels about the state of our club.

Eh
Hinkley was outcoached and the players didn't seem interested enough
So I'm equally not interested
I'm interested, but about the result I am no longer invested

I feel absolutely nothing whatsoever

it's like sitting in a Rotorua pub with a game of 2 south Island rugby teams playing it off on the TV.

the club is serious trouble if this is the sentiment amongst the die hard part of its fan base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that’s real because the media were taking about it ..

They’re great . Shame they’re just as pathetic as us

If you knew about it then why did you ask me what it said, are you just shit stirring as usual?

Matthew Primus’s last game as coach was at this ground
Matthew Primus had the decency to walk... Sort of.

Was given the opportunity to coach out the season but decided against it.

Matthew Primus was operating with a freak injury prone Jay Schulz and an oily rag too.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Rozee maybe but Butters is one of the hardest at it. He throws his body on the line with reckless abandonment for his own safety and always has.

As I said, I don't expect my opinion to be popular and that doesn't bother me.

Butters for me has slowly become more conditional in his approach to the contest. Yes sometimes he flies in like a human cannonball but there are other times when he gets beaten in the contest far too easily.

You look at Callan Ward, that guy is never beaten. He never shirks a contest, he's never second to the ball, he never misses a tackle. That's what unrelenting effort and leadership looks like. Our guys are so far off the pace it's not funny and it's games like this and finals where it is fully exposed for everyone to see.

Butters for me has slowly become more conditional in his approach to the contest. Yes sometimes he flies in like a human cannonball but there are other times when he gets beaten in the contest far too easily.

You look at Callan Ward, that guy is never beaten. He never shirks a contest, he's never second to the ball, he never misses a tackle. That's what unrelenting effort and leadership looks like. Our guys are so far off the pace it's not funny and it's games like this and finals where it is fully exposed for everyone to see.

Sack Kenny

Can't imagine why butters might hold back every now and then

Matthew Primus was operating with a freak injury prone Jay Schulz and an oily rag too.

So true but I can see history repeating its self.
He got the job because he was already at the club and came at the right price.
We are going to do the same thing appointing Carr.
We should be looking for someone outside the inner circle but being a small town local club we won’t.

Rozee has been concerning, on a downward trajectory since the bombers first half.

Given the changes in his personal life recently I don't know if it will get better this year.

Putting him forward isn't the answer, he hasn't looked good playing as a forward since his debut. I reckon most of his goals since then have been running with the play as a midfielder, not presenting up as a forward target.

The whole Rozee talent vs McEntee effort debate reminds me of late stage Wingard talent vs Sam Gray effort debates lol. Ken Hinkley FC, the more things change....

He may have been out of his depth, but at least there was a willingness to move the Cornes parasites on, hindsight is easy if I could roll back and keep Primus on for another year or two with a fully funded footy department & avoid the Donut coming here completely I'd do it in a heartbeat now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back