Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, was at the game and what a crazy game. First 3 qtrs I was embarrassed but last qtr we finally woke up! Crazy game!

To be honest and take the emotion out of it though, if we are to legitimately challenge for the flag and go b2b we need to be a hell of a lot better than that, we weren't the better team today but we found a way to win as good teams do.

I'm choosing the glass half full approach here though, a bye now to freshen up and regain some big names after the bye to set ourselves up and attack the 2nd half of the season.

Go pies!
You talk as if our best 22, were almost beaten - we have huge upside with players returning.

Could I slip in a sneaky play and go for Wardlaw?

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't say no LDU (although he will cost a mint to get across and I'm not sure if we have what it would take), but I reckon if I blinked hard enough when looking at Wardlaw to make the blue verticals look black then I reckon that would give a lot of me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, the kid is just so hard at it and was impressive this afternoon.
A bit like me marrying Megan Gale
A nice dream but ultimately ain't going to happen.

I must be missing something with this 50 metre penalty that should've been paid as most Pies supporters seem to agree, but live I thought he had clearly moved to play on off the line and the ump just realised he had erred in not calling play on.
The umps ****ed ump not calling play on. I think the right call was made based on that.

Will the Schultz critics now stop.
That’s the question.
No. He missed a set shot today and that’s all I’m reading about how he nearly lost us the game. Despite keeping us unit in the first half.

( sarcasm alert…. He was awesome today but I bet he won’t get the full appreciation he deserves)

Last edited:
Just want to mention Darcy Cameron's mammoth effort today. Rucked all match with only a brief respite from Kreuger. He'd be exhausted tonight. :weary:
Just wanted to say how grateful I am to Bobby for joining us. What a star!!! Such an enormously talented player.
Thanks too to Schultz , who is now showing exactly why we wanted him to come join us. He kicked 4 goals when they were hard to come by, which ultimately (and unbelievably) stopped the margin from going too much into the red.

Almost feel sorry for North then I remembered that free to Xeating Xerri. 110kg ruck nudged in back by 50kg first-gamer, runs towards fence, flops over fence. Should be cited for horrendous simulation.
Lol.
I don't even think he was diving. Just over run and took a leap as happens every game. And the commentators wondered why Schultz than exaggerated contact down the other end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing comeback after one of the worst halves of football we have played in recent memory.
That's a real boost leading into the bye, and then hopefully we can start getting a few players back.
Pendles, Jordy and Checkers hopefully straight back in in 2 weeks. Then, Mitchell, Elliot, Cox and McStay, leading into finals.

Just a side note, if the shoe was on the other foot for that non-50 decision we would all be furious, and rightly so. So let's not kid ourselves that we weren't very lucky there.

A great win in the end, but it begs the question - what were they doing to let North get to nine goals up in the first place?
No more Billy as a forward.
Great to see Bobby get amongst it, because he's been a bit quiet recently.
Also great to see Shoota get some reward.
The bye comes at a very good time.
Go Pies!!!

Fin looks gone. Also think promote Maynard to captain next year he is inspiring. Moore leading the league for spoils after 9 again today. Is that the only thing he can do. Larkey said after the match that he was very loose on him.

I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but close checking hasn't been Moore's forte for a while now (if ever) and Larkey is one of the few KPF's going around now who has the burst speed to maintain separation on anyone if he gets the jump on his opponent.

We need another Roughead, whether Frampton can do that to the same level I don't know, but we need to find someone who can stick to and limit the impact of the opposition's big key forward and have them taking their shots from further out / closer to the boundary as much as possible where the percentages are more against them.

I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but close checking hasn't been Moore's forte for a while now and Larkey is one of the few KPF's going around now who has the burst speed to maintain separation on anyone if he gets the jump on his opponent.
Big Billy should have been on him.

I must be missing something with this 50 metre penalty that should've been paid as most Pies supporters seem to agree, but live I thought he had clearly moved to play on off the line and the ump just realised he had erred in not calling play on.
Yeah, a good 5m off his line.

IMG_0934.jpeg

Think there’s a fair argument an immediate play on is the correct decision.

Otherwise, if you want to argue Scott’s momentum caused it and he stopped - then resetting the mark is correct.

I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but close checking hasn't been Moore's forte for a while now and Larkey is one of the few KPF's going around now who has the burst speed to maintain separation on anyone if he gets the jump on his opponent.

We need another Roughead, whether Frampton can do that to the same level I don't know, but we need to find someone who can stick to and limit the impact of the opposition's big key forward and have them taking their shots from further out / closer to the boundary as much as possible where the percentages are more against them.
Well when our mids are getting beaten our defences seems pretty vulnerable. Mark Fs wants Moore traded to Sydney but it would have to be for 1 of their mids because they have not got great KPD options. They generally like what we give them but I think they do not always reciprocate in terms of trade value. Imagine Moore would relish teaming after with Grundy again as Markf suggests but still thinks he butchers the ball a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back