Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have to watch the replay for one of them - how about staying on your opponent and not going up to the wing and getting caught out of position.
You’re another poster who doesn’t seem to understand our defensive set up. We roll up to the next contest. It’s what makes our defence so good.

Anyway, go back and look at his goals. It’s completely relevant.

Okay, not to be a downer, but to the party of rodeo clowns who got me kicked out before quarter time, by heckling me in front of my missus and three year old, how are you feeling now? Did it burn on the way out at the end? Honestly, asking me how it felt losing to the bottom team as the reigning premier, talking about our supposed hangover, and telling me how all the daicos boys were paying money to the AFL, and half the pies were on drugs? Yeah okay, great for a laugh.

But, and thanks for getting the missus and me arguing for no reason, telling my missus our three year old is already a feral, obviously stole her teeth, and has a future either as a prostitute, or on Centrelink, seriously? Then you get me called out by security, for abusing you back?

Any north mods watching this, fair dinkum, have a look at the culture of your club, before you run around abusing battlers like me. Had a better time at the aquarium. Unlike your season, north fans, the fish were swimming better than your football team ever will 🤡

You’re another poster who doesn’t seem to understand our defensive set up. We roll up to the next contest. It’s what makes our defence so good.

The main reason people think Frampton looks better is he lacks mobility and we keep it more simple for him. This weakness though is part of our reluctance to play him as a first choice defender, his team defence is not great.

Larkey's goals dried up once we became more competitive up the field.

Moore didn't have his best game, but in the first quarter North's mids were destroying ours, so Darcy's job was doubly difficult.
Making him stand one on one with Larkey was a mistake, and it deprived us of his rebounding and creativity.
Big Billy was the one who should have been on Larkey from the outset.
I think some of the young players who have done well were tiring a bit, so the bye has come just in the nick of time.
Everyone will get a rest, and we'll have some big guns back against GC.
If one of Jamie or Bobby miss out on mark of the year, I'll eat a pizza with pineapple on it.

I think the structure looked much better after half time with Frampton going back and Howe going forward.I don’t know why Fly persists with playing Frampton as a forward.It never works.And all it does is expose Darcy Moore,who let’s face it is not a good one on one player,and is having a pretty poor season.I thought he was especially bad today and nearly cost us the game.
Yep, been arguing this for a while.

Frampton back and Howe or Moore forward. That would be my call -- Frampton is just lost as a forward. Yes, if you want him to shut down an opponent like in the GF, it's okay but also it's as break glass option. If McStay or Mihocek are playing, there's no room for that.

Moore didn't have his best game, but in the first quarter North's mids were destroying ours, so Darcy's job was doubly difficult.
Making him stand one on one with Larkey was a mistake, and it deprived us of his rebounding and creativity.
Big Billy was the one who should have been on Larkey from the outset.
I think some of the young players who have done well were tiring a bit, so the bye has come just in the nick of time.
Everyone will get a rest, and we'll have some big guns back against GC.
If one of Jamie or Bobby miss out on mark of the year, I'll eat a pizza with pineapple on it.
Kangaroos smashed /obliterated WCE in the clearances early on last week but Barrass and McGovern were able to repel them.

Our defence is usually good at absorbing pressure. Today was not one of those days.

Have to dip the hat to North today. The game they played all day was high quality even when they ran out of legs they were still have a crack. Their relentless pressure and fast ball movement was close to perfect football along with their goal kicking accuracy which was next level. They took us completely by surprise so congrats to them for their performance. I really do hope they use this effort as a benchmark moving forward because that effort will win them more games than not.

To our guys what can I say? Just another never say die effort when everything look lost. To come back from 54 points down, the 7th greatest comeback of all time apparently was amazing. I did not think we could come back from that far back especially with half our mids and all our forwards missing, it was a superb effort.

Also a special LMFAO to all the Carlton flogs in the threads having another meltdown at witnessing yet another epic Collingwood 1 pt win from the jaws of defeat. They are really struggling to cope these days. I just love soaking up their pain.

Go the Mighties!!

Okay, not to be a downer, but to the party of rodeo clowns who got me kicked out before quarter time, by heckling me in front of my missus and three year old, how are you feeling now? Did it burn on the way out at the end? Honestly, asking me how it felt losing to the bottom team as the reigning premier, talking about our supposed hangover, and telling me how all the daicos boys were paying money to the AFL, and half the pies were on drugs? Yeah okay, great for a laugh.

But, and thanks for getting the missus and me arguing for no reason, telling my missus our three year old is already a feral, obviously stole her teeth, and has a future either as a prostitute, or on Centrelink, seriously? Then you get me called out by security, for abusing you back?

Any north mods watching this, fair dinkum, have a look at the culture of your club, before you run around abusing battlers like me. Had a better time at the aquarium. Unlike your season, north fans, the fish were swimming better than your football team ever will 🤡
Really sorry to hear that mate.

I hope for your sake it was just a bad one-off event, and you and your family will have a better experience next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If one of Jamie or Bobby miss out on mark of the year
They now have the opportunity to split the pies vote by putting 2 Collingwood players up. Much like when Howe was robbed with Grundy splitting the vote.

Really sorry to hear that mate.

I'm hope for your sake it was just a bad one-off event and you and your family will have a better experience next time.
Yeah, thanks mate. We brought tickets today, and lost those despite being short of cash as it is. Not one of those bricks posing as security guards listened to my story, and the missus reckons I already attract attention, good or bad, whenever I wear my gear. So we probably won't be returning to the footy any time soon. It's not the first time, but to target my daughter, it's not on. Have had Carlton fans do it before. I was already melting a bit to myself over Q1, so maybe I put a target on my back. But I'm just an NPC trying to get passionate about my club, and my daughter is not learning the right way to do that, when morons are targeting her and her dad. FMD.

He played on, he was at least 5m beyond the mark and was looking for an option forward until he realised 2 Collingwood players were right there. Then he stopped, he could’ve stopped earlier if he wasn’t playing on.
Except both our players encroached the mark before that happened, the 50 could've been paid before that.

Still can't believe we got out of jail today. Said in the game thread how l was still having nightmares over having to come back from 26 points behind at 3/4 time 2 years ago, and this year we had to do it from 31 points behind.

Could have been worse if Fischer didn't miss his late shot. In a matter of fact, our season could have been so much worse, as the same thing happened against Hawthorn and Freo. If those late shots went through, we would have 10 less premiership points.

Maybe it is destiny and we are destined to go back to back this year:)

did you give them a jab, jab, uppercut?

did you give them a jab, jab, uppercut?
Look, chuckles aside, was holding my daughter in my dominant hand the whole time. Was a group of yuppies dressed to the nines, who looked like they had tossed a coin, and chose to buy a north scarf outside.

The foreign legion security arrived just as I was about to swing a cat, and the missus was already laying into me as well, because I wasn't "protecting my daughter." When the security said "go, or life ban" I almost exploded. Not to mention the "nah... nah... nah..." cr@p as I was trudging off, chasing my missus who was marching out.

Man... there is honestly no justice, apart from them getting done by a point. These dimwits will likely be the sort to pretend they don't follow AFL tomorrow, but they've ruined my chances of taking my family to the footy. Missus has banned it, so I'll be going alone from now on. Just devastating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back