Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, glad they've taken the careful approach - and it works out well for Reef who was in good form before the concussion.
I'll be interested in where he plays when he comes on. Was good in the second half of vfl in the midfield. Not good in the first half up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like TJ will be sub.
I am excited to see how a Krueger and Reef forward line would look like. I think it would cause a lot of headaches, both being very athletic with WHE as well.
We need to get the forwardline settled before the end of the season. Try to find our best mix. With our defence being rock solid, I want to see that we can create with those 2 talls and not just have to rely on the smalls to kick us a winning score.

I feel like TJ will be sub.
I am excited to see how a Krueger and Reef forward line would look like. I think it would cause a lot of headaches, both being very athletic with WHE as well.
We need to get the forwardline settled before the end of the season. Try to find our best mix. With our defence being rock solid, I want to see that we can create with those 2 talls and not just have to rely on the smalls to kick us a winning score.
I have a feeling that TJ will take Markov spot and Reef will be sub

This strikes me as a really important game in the year's context. The team has defied gravity since the injury curse struck, and I can only attribute that to the fire in the bellies that the players have brought to the field in games that they had no right to win. North Melbourne present a different sort of test.

With a full forward who has always troubled us and a midfield that now supports Davies-Uniacke with some upcoming stars, they are a team on the rise with better prospects than most credit them with. Collingwood are in the position they are on the back of superhuman efforts and incredible commitment. I wonder if the players can bring the same effort to the contest with this lesser credentialled opponent. The first three games of the year show where even our best team sits without the fearsome commitment we have seen of late. If they relax just a bit, I feel that they will be in trouble.

I sound like a Jeremiah I know, but I would hate to see the incredible performances of the last month (and they have been incredible) reduced to insignificance by a mediocre performance when the pressure is apparently off. Sunday will be a different sort of test of the system and the coaches.
Spot on. If we don't bring our red hot pressure game we will struggle. Switch on and fire up Pies!

If Bytel is playing VFL, then I think definitely McInnes will be in.
I think he will be Sub because:
a) we want to give Charlie Dean more game time
b) we want to ease Reef back in after a concussion injury.
Reef as sub gives plenty of flexibility. If we find that Frampton has to go back in defence (rather than playing his role in the forward line) we will make a tactical substitution, and bring Reef on into the Forward line.
I think TJ has been named in case Oleg can't play.

If Bytel is playing VFL, then I think definitely McInnes will be in.
I think he will be Sub because:
a) we want to give Charlie Dean more game time
b) we want to ease Reef back in after a concussion injury.
Reef as sub gives plenty of flexibility. If we find that Frampton has to go back in defence (rather than playing his role in the forward line) we will make a tactical substitution, and bring Reef on into the Forward line.
I think TJ has been named in case Oleg can't play.
You clearly haven't seen the update.

Markov is out
Reef is in the 23. (but I agree, likely as sub)

Despite the injuries, we should win comfortably. Around 30 points would be a good result. Strangely, l am happier that they won last week as the temptation may be there to rest on their laurels given that they finally won a game.

My only concern is that l still have nightmares about our 2022 clash where we had to come back from 26 points down at 3/4 time. Hopefully we have them done and dusted by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back