Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope all the people that debated over Sam Mitchell being the brains behind our 2018 season have egg on their face.

Pre Mitchell: Dog shit game plan, weak midfield

2018: Excellent game day moves, midfield went beast mode. Won flag

Post Mitchell: Dog shit game plan and no game day moves.

Simpson as always held us back and has always been an average coach but 2018 bandaided everything
Yep, stellar coaching effort by Sam Mitchell in 2015 too. Give me strength.

Gov and Barrass good. Reid with effort - to win ball in that situation is commendable. STFU about clangers - there is no support, no structure, he isn’t a magician.

Same thing with guys like Duggan and Witho - they do ok, but ultimately they are always under immense pressure and there is nobody to kick to. They did well today I reckon.

Positives

Witho had a good game
Barrass and Gov played well.
Harley had a decent game.

Won't bother with the negatives, I'm sure everyone else will cover it.
Witho was shit what are you on about !

Direct kicking turnovers leading to goals under no pressure

Cant keep up with any of the hawks smalls and they just ran around him .

Got a bunch of cheap marks and kicks and 1 good mark at the end .

And we performed in that gf exactly how? The Simmo way that’s how!
Sure thing mate. Eagles the best team in footy that year and handed Hawks their ass in a QF before having to play an away GF to a club handed it on a platter.

1 coach wins the flag each year, you can’t just sack the other 17.

His time is up but that’s a big spare me on that revisionist crap.

Glad I didn't see much of it.

Last quarter is all I saw, not sure why I bothered.

It was good to see Ryan trying hard in the last but he tried to do a bit too much, I don't blame him though at that stage. Duggan also looked good, but again, this was only one quarter.

Allen's set shot kicking needs to improve in a hurry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope all the people that debated over Sam Mitchell being the brains behind our 2018 season have egg on their face.

Pre Mitchell: Dog shit game plan, weak midfield

2018: Excellent game day moves, midfield went beast mode. Won flag

Post Mitchell: Dog shit game plan and no game day moves.

Simpson as always held us back and has always been an average coach but 2018 bandaided everything

Absolutely unhinged. Thanks for the laugh, much needed after that “effort” ☺️

Witho was shit what are you on about !

Direct kicking turnovers leading to goals under no pressure

Cant keep up with any of the hawks smalls and they just ran around him .

Got a bunch of cheap marks and kicks and 1 good mark at the end .

to be fair the backline is probably our only positive out of this game, and the only reason we didn't lose by 100. gov and barrass specifically.

our mids offered no support which meant our backs had to just bomb it long in hope

our forwards were invisible because there was no midfield to deliver it to them

Oh boy today was bad..
Positives: snakey waterman put in a games worth in a half.. hope he's alright btw.
Ohhhhh boy, other than that yeo did well considering the off field things..

Negatives... Go for it Bigfooty feed brothers and sisters, I'm numb... Go your hardest, go your fastest....

Faster and harder than our list pls ASAP.. love you all 💙💛💙💛

yes its simmos fault we made it to a GF and then lost

if sam mitchell wasn't in the coaches box then sheed would've kicked a behind from the pocket and we would've lost in 2018 i guess
In 2015 we got smashed from the opening bounce and never recovered, in 2018 we got smashed from the opening bounce and then the mids stood up big time and we recovered and won. Wonder who the midfield coach was in 2018 ?

Shit I mean even spuds like Sheed and Redden were tearing up the 2018 finals campaign

I'm speechless. "Best team we've field in years" according to many and we looked as bad as at any time over the last 3 years.

Think I'm back on the sack simmo bandwagon.

it was the best field we've had in years, which is why this is such a significantly shit result

we put out better performances with West Clark and O'Neill

In 2015 we got smashed from the opening bounce and never recovered, in 2018 we got smashed from the opening bounce and then the mids stood up big time and we recovered and won. Wonder who the midfield coach was in 2018 ?

Shit I mean even spuds like Sheed and Redden were tearing up the 2018 finals campaign

it's real smooth brain thinking to ignore every other variable between the 2015 performance and the 2018 performance and just go 'nup it was 100% on mitchell'

Sheppard played in 2015 and he didn't play in 2018, using your logic I can make the same claim that Sheppard not playing is the reason we won

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back