Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to waste another second supporting this club. Over it.

Will happily jump ship to another team that has a winning culture.

Thanks for the memories board.

jrf6q3y.jpeg

I am usually hurting after a loss, but I’m not so much today. A bit eco. I am wanting to see a few green shoots with the younger guys. And development on the 2-3 year players. I am not obsessed by high draft picks, but know what it might do. If we get it right, and get lucky. It is a lottery as many point out.

We were completely out-gunned in the middle. But our guys somehow negated that to a degree. We had most of our players show something in patches, but very few 4 quarter players. There were disappointments for sure. Dow just didn’t get going. Wilson looks a bit gassed.

Couldn’t quite work out what Windhager was doing. He wasn’t bad and was part of the negating brigade, but didn’t influence that much. To my eye anyway. Clark threatened but didn’t really shine. Owens is seemingly out of touch. Tried hard and was around it. Just didn’t get the ball enough.

Caminiti showed things. That move down back is worth persisting with. Arie isn’t quick, so they need to use him judiciously. His boot is worth the trouble, but him chasing small forwards hasn’t got much future. Henry did a few nice things.

Good to see a few young guys have good stats for Sandy despite the loss. Pou, Garcia, Keeler, Heath seemed to have good games. I know in the past we would lose the main game. Then look at Sandy, but nothing was there. Nothing. At least that has changed.

Sydney going to be quite a challenge. Not sure that is a game to bring Pou back for!

**** this one really sucked to watch. Been hard to stay excited

Never spent so many weeks in such a hurry for the season to end. Spent hundreds of dollars for us to attend one match and not rushing back.

What Steele for Oliver or King for Oliver?

After today I would do the King swap....even throw in Billings.....

If we lose Battle that would be Oliver and 2 new infielders on the list next year.

JHF Rozee and Butters killed us at times today. Port should have won by 3 goals....they won because they are just less shit than we are.

3 additional mids would make us far more mobile and pro active going forward than the stodgieness we have shown this year.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you seen Oliver? without the drugs he's shithouse.

Finally some sense
Good result for us we need talent not wins that don’t mean much
Our kids are ok - Owens n Windy aren’t stars but solid we need to know that
NAS is star material
Draft time
NAS will never be a star until he stops shanking kicks into the forward line or taking shots at goal that always miss

looks better as a forward though
I agree but I think a few more weeks down back might help his forward development for next year.

King looks so out of touch that a few weeks at Sandy might help.

Although kicking a few goals at Sandy because you are a 202 cm competent footballer will do no nothing to help him develop any sort of fwd "craft".

So maybe Caminiti FB, King CHF (and not allowed i50) and Dougal at FF for a few weeks is the way to go.

Never spent so many weeks in such a hurry for the season to end. Spent hundreds of dollars for us to attend one match and not rushing back.
Well I for one won't be spending hundreds of $$ next season. Will be disappointed after 34 years of continuous membership, but the game has lost me, and there is no hope of us getting better.
How can the AFL justify Carlton, a team that is top four getting two potential champions for bugger all?
I mean I can't take this mocking by the AFL of us any more.
StC got it right
Interstate Clubs
Big Vic Clubs
Small Vic Clubs.

A three tiered system DESIGNED for us to be the Washington Generals and never get chance to compete.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can understand.
Know the feeling , iv spent over $800 this year just for me and have been to 2 games and I live 3 train stops from Marvel, that's how checked out I am.
I am totally convinced RTB is not the answer, you are never going to win a flag playing the way we do , take a look how hawthorn are playing, chalk and cheese

King was quite the hot topic in our section of the crowd today . He doesn’t look right to me l’m not sure why he’s playing at all. I’d be sacking our forward coach today, the way our forward line functions is laughable. We spoil eachother and take eachothers leading space more often then the opposition does.
Also a bit of negativity on here about Mitch today, l thought he did a super job on Allir. They freed him up in the last qtr and Allir got into the game. Really highlighted what a job Mitch did.
Cos most on here don't go to the games.
They see the 10 x 10 meter view the telly gives.

Know the feeling , iv spent over $800 this year just for me and have been to 2 games and I live 3 train stops from Marvel, that's how checked out I am.
I am totally convinced RTB is not the answer, you are never going to win a flag playing the way we do , take a look how hawthorn are playing, chalk and cheese

Hawks have been patient and drafted solid skilled midfielders.

Hope we see Max Heath come in for Campbell sometime over the next fortnight, especially with Caminiti going back. Against Grundy next week might not be a good time, but could target the O'Brien matchup against Adelaide as he comfortably beat a dual ruck setup consisting of Rhys Stanley and another young ruck in Edwards in the VFL. Has had a very good past 8 weeks, and our season is done anyways so time to do some exploration.

Note: North, Richmond, Casey, Suns games were all with Campbell in the team which would negatively impact his output
1719735989143.png

1719735925294.png

Last edited:
Hope we see Max Heath come in for Campbell sometime over the next fortnight, especially with Caminiti going back. Against Grundy next week might not be a good time, but he comfortably beat a dual ruck setup consisting of Rhys Stanley and another young ruck in Edwards in the VFL. Has had a very good past 8 weeks, and our season is done anyways so time to do some exploration.

Note: North, Richmond, Casey, Suns games were all with Campbell in the team which would negatively impact his output
View attachment 2035223

View attachment 2035218
It is worth seeing how he goes. Campbell shouldn't play again this year unless Marshall is injured.

It is worth seeing how he goes. Campbell shouldn't play again this year unless Marshall is injured.
Agreed. Campbell offers nothing except follow-up after ruck contest. Terrible skills and poor when contested in the air. Allowed Row to go forward and kick a few, but also screwed up several of our attacking chains with blatant skill errors

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back