Review Round 16, Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 18, 2.10pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
After thrashing them in Round 4 in Canberra, I think a lot of us were probably pencilling this in as a likely win, but things have changed a bit since then.

Ablett is back and they're a different team when he plays, despite all the off-field dramas they've been going through.

I think if we play like we have for the last two weeks we can get over the line, Ablett or not.

Does big JP come back this week? Probably best to give him another run in the twos for a while, and ease him back into the team.

Up at Gold Coast for work this week so extending my stay to see the game :) Hope they do better than last time I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patton only played 40 odd minutes this week. Leon said they will bump him up to about 60 next week. Still a long way off a full game even at NEAFL level. No need to rush him.

Don't think we can make top 8 now.

I still feel it's in the guys' hands. Shiel is a loss but in the middle is where we bat deepest. If we can win this week I'll be feeling pretty good because it's then two "acceptable loss" games while we get Davis and/or Patfull back (though I'd love a win over Geelong).

Any news on their outs? Dixon?Saad?
Dixon, Swallow, Rischitelli all out

Harbrow, Hall a chance to miss as well

You guys should beat us handsomely, we are fielding our reserves plus Ablett

You have been exciting to watch this year, I am enjoying watching your growth greatly, but watch out in 2016 once we have our best team on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have been exciting to watch this year, I am enjoying watching your growth greatly, but watch out in 2016 once we have our best team on the field
Some big outs

Just like when we have our full team should be some big games

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Some big outs

Just like when we have our full team should be some big games

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Both teams at Full strength will be exciting to watch

Currently we are missing from our best 18
David Swallow
Michael Richitelli
Dion Prestia
Jaeger O'Meara
Jack Martin
Harley Bennell
and Charlie Dixon

It's been a very tough year to be a Suns fan as even players that are now back have no match fitness, Ablett, Thompson, May, Malcheski, Day etc

But it has to turn around at some point ,best of luck (and no injuries) for the weekend

Anyone else going, it'd be nice to meet some of you!

Looking forward to this one, hopefully the weather warms up and the wind dies down.

Both teams at Full strength will be exciting to watch

Currently we are missing from our best 18
David Swallow
Michael Richitelli
Dion Prestia
Jaeger O'Meara
Jack Martin
Harley Bennell
and Charlie Dixon

It's been a very tough year to be a Suns fan as even players that are now back have no match fitness, Ablett, Thompson, May, Malcheski, Day etc

But it has to turn around at some point ,best of luck (and no injuries) for the weekend

Sounds like we won't have any excuses for losing. Hope the team understands that.

Freo said they would beat you handsomely too

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16, Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 18, 2.10pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back