Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Macrae, McInness, Jiath,

In: Pendlebury, Mihocek, De Goey

Richards for Sullivan perhaps… but a bit of a sideways move

Boys to be better with senior players back, and after a well earned week off
How is Richards for Sullivan sideways? Richards is much better than him

Richards can’t play through the middle though.
I'd argue Sullivan can't either.

Anyway, it's not Sullivan for Richards as a midfielder anyway. Sullivan and Macrae are both only playing by virtue of us having virtually no available inside midfielders; post bye we are likely to have two come back.
Richards replaces Macrae (who has spent a heap of time on the forward flank), Pendles or JDG (take your pick) replace Sullivan.

Sullivan had 55% ToG today, that's less than Mason Cox plays. He would've been subbed out if only not for the miracle he had a bloke in the senior squad that was actually playing even worse than him in Macrae. 55% ToG for a full game is in genuine 'we prefer to play with 21' territory. Good story, but he ain't up to it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can live with him going to King and just shutting him down. Like dont worry about touching it. But the amount of turnovers lost contests etc is infuriating. Good on him but not AFL standard imo
This is not it. Big Bill is the least of our worries atm. We don’t make the switch to him down back today and things could have been a lot different imo.

I can live with him going to King and just shutting him down. Like dont worry about touching it. But the amount of turnovers lost contests etc is infuriating. Good on him but not AFL standard imo
Don't know what you were watching but if that's your metric for dropping a defender then Moore should be first out.

Dropping Frampton means Moore or Howe plays on the best forward. We do not want that. It also means we don't have flexibility in pushing Howe forward in games.

I'd argue Sullivan can't either.
Maybe let the coaches know since they keep playing him there.
Anyway, it's not Sullivan for Richards as a midfielder anyway. Sullivan and Macrae are both only playing by virtue of us having virtually no available inside midfielders; post bye we are likely to have two come back.
Richards replaces Macrae (who has spent a heap of time on the forward flank), Pendles or JDG (take your pick) replace Sullivan.

Richards is classy half forward but we’re well stocked in that area. The extra midfield rotation offers our team more overall and allows our more offensive midfielders to function better.

Sullivan had 55% ToG today, that's less than Mason Cox plays. He would've been subbed out if only not for the miracle he had a bloke in the senior squad that was actually playing even worse than him in Macrae. 55% ToG for a full game is in genuine 'we prefer to play with 21' territory. Good story, but he ain't up to it.
Sullivan like the week before had low tog in the first half whilst played more in the second. He was never in danger of being subbed out. He’ll struggle to see put the year in the ones but the bye should temporarily freshen him up and should stay until Tom Mitchell comes back.

The Maynard slight sling tackle worries me
Shouldn’t be anything but who knows with MRP

OUT: TJ, Macrae, McInnes
IN: Mihocek, Pendlebury, De Goey

Richards for Sullivan if he’s fit

B: Maynard - Frampton - Quaynor
HB: Noble - Moore - Howe
C: J Daicos - N Daicos - Sidebottom
HF: WHE - Mihocek - Lipinski
F: Hill - Kreuger - Schultz
R: Cameron - Crisp - De Goey
I: Pendlebury - Dean - Harrison - McCreery