Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s hard for us to make a call, we don’t know what tasks players are given during the game and we don’t interrogate plays frame by frame.

I suspect that even if he appeared to have a good game, ie. dashing runs, breaking lines plenty of the ball etc. his disposal isn’t Nick Daicos like, so he also needs to be strong in the contest to justify a finals spot. Finals are played differently and you need to be accountable.

That’s just me musing, as I said I don’t have the benefit of data and match tapes to interrogate. Could be something entirely different, and the coaches have no issue with his contested game…maybe it was just that Markov offered something we needed for a Brisbane match up.

JFN would've been just fine if he were rightfully picked in the 23 GF.

Re Pendles, I wouldn’t rush him back. His onfield leadership and in-game coaching was critical to us in last year’s finals, and he therefore needs to be absolutely cheery ripe for this year’s finals. We also dont need to manipulate the date of his 400th game. So what if it’s against Carlton at the G? I’m not convinced we play well in the ‘emotional’ games. We lost to Sydney this year when we unfurled the flag, and very nearly lost to North in Bruzzy’s 200th. Making a really big deal of these achievements is very Eddie. I reckon Fly would prefer less pre-game hype.

So let Pendles return at his own pace and when he’s 100% ready. It will work better for him and for us. No other side has a master of his calibre. He’s our finals super man.

Pendles is fit and playing this week.

I was thinking exactly the same as I read the posts lamenting the potential omissions of Noble, Harrison and Sullivan along with the non inclusion of Richards. It's great to be finally in a position where players performing well are still not able to hold their spot because quality players are returning.

The other bonus is that our senior players can’t afford to rest on their laurels because the likes of Harrison, Richards, Sullivan, McInnes and Krueger have proven that they are hungry and good enough to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think he turned inboard expecting we'd have someone to dish off to - someone was out of position - and then he went Ohhh Shittt.

Bingo! I reckon WHE expected to clear it via a chain of handballs but then had no choice. Was smart to kick it hard and low though - minimising time for people to run and jump at it. That it went to Harrison was lucky but excellent of Harrison to BE playing his opponent from in front and to hang on to such an unexpected bullet kick.

Bingo! I reckon WHE expected to clear it via a chain of handballs but then had no choice. Was smart to kick it hard and low though - minimising time for people to run and jump at it. That it went to Harrison was lucky but excellent of Harrison to BE playing his opponent from in front and to hang on to such an unexpected bullet kick.

I definitely think WHE kicked it low and end over end to avoid a mark and shot on goal but Harrison just did so well.

Chatting to someone who was formerly involved in the clubs medical team. They mentioned that JDG has had groin issues for years, so it's not as if this is just a recent issue. It's clearly something he and the club have been managing for a lengthy period of time.
True, but this groin issue is different. It didn't involve him being arrested.

Re Pendles, I wouldn’t rush him back. His onfield leadership and in-game coaching was critical to us in last year’s finals, and he therefore needs to be absolutely cheery ripe for this year’s finals. We also dont need to manipulate the date of his 400th game. So what if it’s against Carlton at the G? I’m not convinced we play well in the ‘emotional’ games. We lost to Sydney this year when we unfurled the flag, and very nearly lost to North in Bruzzy’s 200th. Making a really big deal of these achievements is very Eddie. I reckon Fly would prefer less pre-game hype.

So let Pendles return at his own pace and when he’s 100% ready. It will work better for him and for us. No other side has a master of his calibre. He’s our finals super man.
they arent "rushing him back in" .. he has been declared fit and you know full well he has also declaed himself fit ( aka his own pace), the only people talking about his 400 and where it is played etc exist here in keyboard warrior land anyway ..

they arent "rushing him back in" .. he has been declared fit and you know full well he has also declaed himself fit ( aka his own pace), the only people talking about his 400 and where it is played etc exist here in keyboard warrior land anyway ..
Thanks for your pleasant response👍

Feels a bit tall with Checkers coming back, but I think Dean and Frampton both play until Cox is back. Best 22 is Howe Frampton Moore back and McStay Mihocek Cox forward. Currently Kreuger covering McStay and Dean (indirectly) covering Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he might play his 400 against Carlton?

If I miss out on tickets, am giving you a call!
Except I cant go to that game! Hosting a party for Mr Park's birthday (its ends in a '0'). Very poor timing on his part, gate crashing an historic Pendles moment.

Except I cant go to that game! Hosting a party for Mr Park's birthday (its ends in a '0'). Very poor timing on his part, gate crashing an historic Pendles moment.
Oh no!!!
Have it the day before or after. ;)

It's a post covid world. Host it on skype from the MCG.

Thats right, but suppose tbf, he has been out since July. He is coming up to 12 months post injury. Mcstay on the otherhand, is coming up to 7 months.
Someone 12mths out you’d think would give him at least a half in the Ressies.

Different injuries and ages I know but even the great Buckley played a game at Willy prior to playing Sydney in the Seniors.

We have no reason to suspect that Pendles isn't 100% ready, and even less reason to suspect we are manipulating the opposition against whom he plays his 400th.

Let's be happy that he is ready this week, as he is very very needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back