Review Round 17 2021 - GWS Giants v Gold Coast Suns, 12:40pm at Mars Stadium, Sun 11 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't expect to players finals on these performances.

The inconsistency in performances all season, this follows up the Roos draw in Hobart, and the poor loss the Hawthorn.

Well that’s the season

Sack Leon and let Stevie J take the reins for 12 months until Clarkson is ready

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m all for replacing Leon. His time is up.
Don’t know that StevieJ is the answer. He is the forwards coach and our forward structure has been miserable this year. Don’t work together for the most part.

I’m all for replacing Leon. His time is up.
Don’t know that StevieJ is the answer. He is the forwards coach and our forward structure has been miserable this year. Don’t work together for the most part.

Stevie is the fill in while we wait for Clarkson though haha

As if noone tried to knock the ball over for a behind from the last 2 kicks. It was goal or nothing in their heads. The boys didnt think this one through. Leon with some strange choices with Mumford as the lone ruck and TOJ as sub. Even if we are lucky enough to sneak in for finals, we arent winning anything this year.

As if noone tried to knock the ball over for a behind from the last 2 kicks. It was goal or nothing in their heads. The boys didnt think this one through. Leon with some strange choices with Mumford as the lone ruck and TOJ as sub. Even if we are lucky enough to sneak in for finals, we arent winning anything this year.

Even weirder was that once TOJ was on Cal kept rucking.

Seriously Leon, does Cal really have to play back-up ruck after a decade?

Have heard some fans were giving it too the coaches. They weren’t too fond of receiving it.

what was sent too me.

Was sitting right next to the Giants bench today. End of the game I was letting my opinions known re:
Leon. Dylan Addison walked over and said “come on mate. Ease up

Adam Schneider eyeballed me like “I’ll punch you if you keep that up mate”

Booed the **** out of Lolly as he walked past; weak campaigner wouldn’t make eye contact at all. Absolute shit campaigner

Have heard some fans were giving it too the coaches. They weren’t too fond of receiving it.

what was sent too me.

Was sitting right next to the Giants bench today. End of the game I was letting my opinions known re:

Booed the fu** out of Lolly as he walked past; weak campaigner wouldn’t make eye contact at all. Absolute sh*t campaigner
Who is Lolly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Hopper was immense.
He has got so much better the past 12 months.
Clearly best on ground today IMO.

Thought Hogan looked dangerous. Other than Greene was the forward I was most worried about.

Umpiring was bad both ways. No surprise with the 2 expansion teams that we were stuck with Glouftis, Nicholls and the blond guy. AFL love it when they can hide this shit-house umpires on the small stage.

Wrong frees paid: The Tom Green holding the ball on the wing when he handballed it, the Flanders holding the ball when he handballed it, the King throw when he handballed it.

Frees missed: Numerous push in the backs against both teams, Thought Burgess pushed Mumford in the back in a few ruck contests and Mumford threw Burgess out in another.

Didn't see the Swallow push in the back that everyone here is complaining about, but they've been paying them league wide recently.
We had a ridiculous down field paid against us last week after one of our players did the same thing as the opposition was kicking it. Hands on back before the ball even hit the boot. Directly lead to a Richmond goal.

Cogs experience would have been handy out there today.

We held out Caleb Graham and Rory Atkins - wonder if that influenced the decision to have Finlayson as the sub?

what was sent too me.

Booed the fu** out of Lolly as he walked past; weak campaigner wouldn’t make eye contact at all. Absolute sh*t campaigner
The person who sent that to you sounds like they need counselling.

I couldn't get online yesterday as I was just so frustrated at that loss. The slow start in Q1 really hurt us in the end and then we almost held on.

Still .... just not good enough. It confirmed to me that we just aren't deserving of playing finals

Lack of composure and experience contributed to the loss as I would say well played to the Suns but the Giants lost the game, needed better entries in the 1st quarter and just wrong options being taken
Also the mids did not stand up and to let Touk Miller rack up disposals and although not the most damaging some one like Green should have been tasked to go defensive on him for some of the game and I will say losing Whitfield hurt

Interesting selection for this weekends game and hopefully the team work over the review and recover to work on the things leading into this weekends derby

Tackling practice and pressure should be top of the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back