Can someone please explain Toasties to me

Remove this Banner Ad

From Costi's Sydney

d878c48e7c3e0b61812e244b0327fbef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
$1.80 for a potato scallop shows why we need COLA.

Back in my day, they were 10c AND you got free vinegar on ‘em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Sydney (the first part of “Sydney Swans”) they are potato scallops. That’s not nothing.😆

Explains our poor Grand Final performances.

Hiscox wasn't fast

Mods - please get this thread back on track. Certain people are stirring up discussion about Scallops/cakes, Dimmies, Punk rock bands and now questioning proven facts on speed. In fact, it’s as if they come here to discuss anything but the match !

What scant disrespect to our mighty foes this week.

I for one come here for meaningful and considered analysis, game tactics and insights into the upcoming match v the St Kilda football club.

Yours in Scallops, JHWF.

In Sydney (the first part of “Sydney Swans”) they are potato scallops. That’s not nothing.😆
They are called Potato Scallops because Sydney was more urbane. In French, a Scallop/escallop is a potato siiced thin in a round shape to resemble a real Escallop, hence Scalloped potatoes. The French at first tried to emulate the thickness of the marine life but gave up as they had to cook the potato for an eternity. Choosing to slice them fine & cooking them in several different ways, Au Gratin, Dauphinois Mon Petit Four, Pav'e Chez La Reve Francais (which is the closest to potato scallops we know). So, people were not getting the potatoes mixed up with scallops, they were using the French Escalope.

The French were not the only ones who escalloped their food. The Italians had Scaloppini etc. The French escalloped meat, potato, fish & other vegetables, like carrot. Here endith the Lesson, FOOD I GOD.

They are called Potato Scallops because Sydney was more urbane. In French, a Scallop/escallop is a potato siiced thin in a round shape to resemble a real Escallop, hence Scalloped potatoes. The French at first tried to emulate the thickness of the marine life but gave up as they had to cook the potato for an eternity. Choosing to slice them fine & cooking them in several different ways, Au Gratin, Dauphinois Mon Petit Four, Pav'e Chez La Reve Francais (which is the closest to potato scallops we know). So, people were not getting the potatoes mixed up with scallops, they were using the French Escalope.

The French were not the only ones who escalloped their food. The Italians had Scaloppini etc. The French escalloped meat, potato, fish & other vegetables, like carrot. Here endith the Lesson, FOOD I GOD.
Scalloped potatoes for me growing up were slices of potato in a baking dish with bacon, cream, cheese, onion, put in the oven, so pretty much a potato bake.

Fritters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back