Round 18 Discussion (dedicated to Kadog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can have thread dedications for respected contributors to the SC forum or we can not have thread dedications at all if they're going to be turned into a meme.

All I read that was that u dont respect gcsunsfc

271 > 264
Slow steady climb.

The constant bashing of higher ranked teams is getting a bit old.

Next year should use all trades by round 15 and then complain and throw tantrums when my team stinks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many trades do you have left? How far off top 100? Could prove advantageous if you have more than others in the upper echelon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

271 > 264
Slow steady climb.

The constant bashing of higher ranked teams is getting a bit old.

Next year should use all trades by round 15 and then complain and throw tantrums when my team stinks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do it, it's a glorious feeling!

Haven’t listened to it yet, but amongst other things, Fantasy Freako discusses Lycett, Marshall likely 2020 positional status in this:

Wasn't going to post my score and overall rank due to being in such a deflated mood with my SC team lately.

All these injuries I have copped in the last few weeks (Hore, Jelly, Cripps, Cogs, Fyfe, Hurn, Impey) have just sucked the enthusiasm out of me.

Anyhow I played with a donut (Fyfe), had Impey injured on 19 and Hurn pull out so copped Logues score. Only scored 2,129 as a result and fell a whopping 1003 places to 1,995 overall. :poo:

Only won 3\10 league games too and they were against a bunch of potatoes. :drunk:

All my good work throughout the season and it's turned to shit! Pretty disheartening to be honest. :'(

My walking wounded here with no trades left....

team.JPG

It's all downhill from here. Just expecting more and more injuries now.....

giphy.gif

Wasn't going to post my score and overall rank due to being in such a deflated mood with my SC team lately.

All these injuries I have copped in the last few weeks (Hore, Jelly, Cripps, Cogs, Fyfe, Hurn, Impey) have just sucked the enthusiasm out of me.

Anyhow I played with a donut (Fyfe), had Impey injured on 19 and Hurn pull out so copped Logues score. Only scored 2,129 as a result and fell a whopping 1003 places to 1,995 overall. :poo:

Only won 3\10 league games too and they were against a bunch of potatoes. :drunk:

All my good work throughout the season and it's turned to s**t! Pretty disheartening to be honest. :'(

View attachment 713515

giphy.gif
That's not a bad team.....in game LTI's to 3 players is def a kick in the goolies, Cogs for me last week cost at least 4 wins in leagues, but TBH I think you tried to structure well with def/fwd cover, ruck cover and mid/fwd cover, you're just a bit stiff to have copped those injuries( Impey hurts as you miss fwd cover) and just being a bit shallow on your mid rooks but overall not bad.

Fyfe and Hurn possibly back this week?

How many trades do you have left? How far off top 100? Could prove advantageous if you have more than others in the upper echelon.

Nah, only 2 left.
Think I've got a decent team. Could finish borderline top 100 or 1000+ depending on how things break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, only 2 left.
Think I've got a decent team. Could finish borderline top 100 or 1000+ depending on how things break.

Good stuff, top 100 would be great just psychologically, but shaping well either way.
Will be interesting to see how those right near the top are placed, some surely running on fumes, so the two could come in handy in comparison :thumbsu:

All my good work throughout the season and it's turned to s**t! Pretty disheartening to be honest. :'(

View attachment 713515

giphy.gif

Great ceiling on that side in full flight, got the majority of the big dogs. :thumbsu:
Losing Jimpey on top of Cogs to season-enders so rough, mate, and they went out with the low final score, too (vs Jelly at least giving good output and maybe coming back soon). Kick in the guts, plain and simple.

That's not a bad team.....in game LTI's to 3 players is def a kick in the goolies, Cogs for me last week cost at least 4 wins in leagues, but TBH I think you tried to structure well with def/fwd cover, ruck cover and mid/fwd cover, you're just a bit stiff to have copped those injuries( Impey hurts as you miss fwd cover) and just being a bit shallow on your mid rooks but overall not bad.

Fyfe and Hurn possibly back this week?

Cheers mate.

Had trouble with my defense in the end as Whitfield got injured plus I traded out Hore instead of Smith which just threw it all into chaos.

Impey was brought in to give me forward cover and unfortunately it just didn't work out for me.

I feel like I've walked under a ladder lately with copping all these injuries but what can I do?

I'm happy with most of the team. Just lacking another good premo defender and mid.

I Would also prefer to have Westhoff or Gray at F7 like how I was trying to but when Jelly went down he had to become Impey and leftover money went to upgrading Hore > Sicily. Westhoff then went from F7 to F6.

Bit of a mess in the end my team but it is what is now I guess....

Last edited:
Great ceiling on that side in full flight, got the majority of the big dogs. :thumbsu:
Losing Jimpey on top of Cogs to season-enders so rough, mate, and they went out with the low final score, too (vs Jelly at least giving good output and maybe coming back soon). Kick in the guts, plain and simple.

2 years in a row now mate where at this time the SC gods have just struck down my SC team with lightening!

Last year at this time I lost Jelly (surprise surprise), Nank and Gaff. Now I cop it even worse.

Luck is everything in this campaigner of a game!!!!!

2 years in a row now mate where at this time the SC gods have just struck down my SC team with lightening!

Last year at this time I lost Jelly (surprise surprise), Nank and Gaff. Now I cop it even worse.

Luck is everything in this campaigner of a game!!!!!

Keeping a few trades up your sleeve is good planning, not "luck" JM.

He is still right though.
In a way, yes. Not in the terms of keeping a few trades for injuries late in the year. Happened to him the year before and normally happens every single year to some extent. I'd like to see his trade history though. Possibly forced trades mid year?

He is still right though.

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts becuse they burnt ALL their trades by rd16-17? lol **** No.

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts becuse they burnt ALL their trades by rd16-17? lol **** No.
Inserts popcorn GIF

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts? lol **** No.
We all play differently
Yeah, trading we can control
But, still luck has a lot to do with how you score in a given week:
You can have someone injured on 80 or on 3; you cant control that
You can have a bench cover tonning up whilst they are on your bench, but flops when you need them. And vice versa (Gibbo!)
You can have multiple outs on one line, whilst you have a full bench on other lines
Etc

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts? lol **** No.

I also traded fyfe and dusty same roun Dusty went to rozee fyfe become neale after his 177 at 640k. Rozee become boak 2 weeks later. 2 trades I used to get 2 of the best but their scoring justified it. I still had trades left to boot cogs and hore even had to money to turn hore and bailey scott into hurn and sicily but my ranking continues to fall. 1 trade left too. So yeah i feel luck is everything

Inserts popcorn GIF

There's been a bit too much sulking on this forum from a few "go hard or go home" coaches for a few weeks now and being petulant towards those who
who held their trades and are finishing the season strong. It sets a negative tone as some people are still enjoying their SC seasons and might not appreciate being dragged down by all the negative vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back