Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see Reefy back in. Really want him to get a full game, and see what he can produce. I also hope he gets a run in the midfield at some point tomorrow night....
Gotta start rolling more players through there. Long as well.

No idea why, but I'm a bit confident about tomorrow night.
Really think they'll deliver a performance we'll all be proud of.
Because, like all of us, you are expecting to see an uplift in effort and pressure to what we produced last Friday night.
If we can do that, we at least we will be in the game, unlike last week, when it felt we were completely dominated for 2.5 quarters....

McInnes and Elliott in as everyone predicted.

I wasn't quite sure which way they'd fall between Dean and Markov but we've gone for the added run and experience.

While the likes of Cameron, Stewart and Dangerfield will naturally attract a lot of attention, in recent seasons Miers has been the architect of a lot of Geelong goals. Not sure he's generally had to counter a defender effectively tagging him however and he often seems to be roaming around doing as he likes.

I'd like us to make him more accountable. Young Dempsey is another I'd like to see us put some work into.

I think we need to swallow our pride and realise that right now our system alone probably isn't enough to beat the opposition. I want us to be more proactive in trying to take away opposition strengths by targeting a couple of players we view as keys to how they want to play.

We failed that test against Merrett last week.

Maybe. Or harrison.

Personally I’d go for Markov. Noble quaynor asnd Maynard with WHE chipping in should be enough to handle Geelongs small forwards
Sub comes from the bench, which indicates between HH/Richards and given neither have experience playing on the wing at afl level, and we dont play 5 smalls - Richards probably is the one that will be sub. After all, he only came in the team in light of elliott being injured.

Last edited:
Sub comes from the bench, which indicates between HH/Richards and given neither have experience playing on the wing at afl level, and we dont play 5 smalls - Richards probably is the one that will be sub. After all, he only came in the team in light of elliott being injured.
You’re right, I haven’t even looked at the selected bench, nevertheless I’d be opting for Markov . But I’m not in charge!

I think Stewart has been playing in the midfield for them lately. So, we need to negate him in the midfield - I think on the occasions he has been negated, it was as a defender. We will need some creativity to choke his impact from the midfield. Maybe Ned Long gets a massive challenge to attempt this task, given Ned's size and physicality.
I’d prefer we use Long to clamp down on Danger rather than Stewart, no coincidence their form has turned around with him back in the side. Stewart is just average in the midfield. If he tries to play loose man back as is his strength I’d get Reef to play a negating role on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer we use Long to clamp down on Danger rather than Stewart, no coincidence their form has turned around with him back in the side. Stewart is just average in the midfield. If he tries to play loose man back as is his strength I’d get Reef to play a negating role on him.
He may not have the pace to go with Dangerfield. He's still very quick over those first five or six steps and powers away from the clinches.

It'll be much like last week.

We'll come out hard and lead 6 goals to 2 at 1/4 time. Geelong will slowly work themselves back into the game and then we'll go to sleep or 30 minutes (as we do) and in that time, the Cats will kick away and lead by too much for a late comeback.

Moore is the sieve

Dean shouldn’t be getting dropped. He needs to consistency.

No idea what we’re doing around section this season.

Baffling stuff

What a stupid post… how quickly we turn. Moore is just form turnaround… could do it in a qtr.

Dean will never be AFL level. Unless he can improve his jumping capability and closing speed. His only matchup would be big hulk forwards with no strength or speed - not many of those going around

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just say you don't think he'll make it - how does the cheap name calling help make your point?
coz this poster needs calling out, and u know as well as most of us just scroll through his troll posts .. His bagging of Wright who singlehandely bought a great team into the club to win us a premiership proves that .. his constant bagging of schultz .. i could go on .. and btw Dean is not and never will be an afl player, cant run , has poor positioning, and cant deal with one on one .. missing 3 out of 4 traits for a defender, therefore affectionality known as a spud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back