Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing about letting a dozen or so players stay up in the Gold Coast is getting blown out of proportion.

Is it the reason we lost? Maybe it is, maybe not.

Will it ever happen again? Most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting Fly on SEN discussing our lack of connection then going on to say that 12 players were given permission to stay on the GC and have their own training session last Monday.

No wonder we're lacking connection when half the side is training in Burleigh Heads in preparation for the game.

The first training run of the week is more about recovery than anything else. A non-issue.

Some people overrate Maynard alot on this board, and I think assuming he'd be a good midfielder is akin to that.

He needs to seriously uplift his contribution at the moment, and his disposal / decision errors are really costing us
One bad kick to the corridor in Ess game, that was intercepted is hardly the basis for this bagging.
Or do you have 5 or 6 other examples?

Would be a nice boost for the forward line if Jamie really is a chance to return

I can only assume he’ll be in the best physical shape he’s been in in years?

Given his injury was vascular the rest of his body would have been just resting/healing right? All the little niggles and stuff he’s constantly carrying should be right to go?

Last edited:
On SEN, Fly basically acknowledged all we know about what we see is going wrong. Even said Leppitch and him watched First Crack with that analysis. So it will be interesting to see the pressure rating and defensive intensity this week. If it doesn't change, its probably a game plan fix that can't be changed this late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well, I don't see how either of those can increase when players are guarding grass instead of their opponents :rolleyes: It does require our boys being close to their opponents for that to happen ;) An increase in gut-running both ways would also help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One bad kick to the corridor in Ess game, that was intercepted is hardly the basis for this bagging.
Or do you have 5 or 6 other examples?
5 or 6 other examples? They'd come from his last 2-3 games only. He runs at probably 2-3 shockers a game

McCreery could have been the player to throw in the midfield if we wanted to shakes things up.

He started there in round 9 against Carlton and looked lively with 7 disposals before being injured in the 1st quarter.

Didn't we also send him to LDU in the second half against North also? Would have been a handy option last week against Merrett.

If we ever embrace the notion of a tagger then I feel he's a good place to start.

Alas he remains injured.

5 or 6 other examples? They'd come from his last 2-3 games only. He runs at probably 2-3 shockers a game
What's his efficiency rating? I think of Bruzzie as an above average kick. Who can ever forget that sublime pass to Howe running through the middle in the GF when he didn't have to break stride and set up Bobby for that screamer? What about the bullet to Pendles in the last two minutes of the game against the Blues in 2022? Sensational kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back