Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodfellas GIF
That will be me when the dr
I can't abide those smiles and laughter after our third straight loss. Something is wrong with the mindset.
I'm certain the boys want to, and are trying, to win. But I'm annoyed.

Anyway. I'll never stop cheering, but probably with the same hunger as the boys now that top 4 is highly unlikely.

So. Where are we all going for our September holidays? :moustache:
Yep
I hate it

Yes I get the new wave of being sportsmanlike but Jesus show the supporters a little bit of pain like we are feeling

I can't abide those smiles and laughter after our third straight loss. Something is wrong with the mindset.

Anyway. I'll never stop cheering, but probably with the same hunger as the boys now that top 4 is highly unlikely.

Your place. Fire up the bar

I am heading to Hong Kong. It was a wait and see on the confirmed dates, but now the dates have been confirmed for me. ...

It’s going to be top 10 if not better. They are not speculative - actually premium.

Even if we don’t take the pick… it’s great trade value.

Trade was terrible … the only person that can save it is DiMattia - as we should’ve stuck our ground and used that pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What were your thoughts in October last year?

It’s not a horrible trade. It’s absolutely fine.

Stop thinking we get another Nick who walks into top 10 year 1. We won’t.

Go have a look at the last few years. How many are best 15 players year 1?
And how many are best 15 players ina contending team.

Ffs people seem to think a draft pick is automatic gold. Does my head in.

No. What we gave up doesn’t change the impact shoota has when compared to what we gave.
Would we have had a better output without brining him in?
Seriously?
How did our first pick go?
Or ginnivan? Would he have made a difference?

Such a shortsighted and poor understanding of the game.

Continue to bleet about a future teens pick mate. It’s a losers way of saying we lost.

And it’s a great way to comfort yourself.
The irony of calling me short-sighted for criticising us giving up a top 10 pick for an immediate gain…

Our list needs to be rebuilt. You do that through the draft. You need to trade in players like Schultz while in contention, but not at the expense of the list profile. You’re wrong.

And for the record, I don’t need to comfort myself. I’m well and truly at peace with our 2024 outcome. It’s not 2024 I’m worried about.

What a brain dead coaching performance. Down by 3 goals in the last quarter and we couldn't even stand next to an opponent and man up. Nah, let's just let Geelong play kick to kick for 15 minutes and get the ball back later. Do we think there is a shot clock like in basketball? Do we have zero scoreboard awareness?

There is something seriously wrong. Gold Coast, Essendon and Geelong are three games pissed down the drain.

Fancy losing basically the same way two weeks in a row by a set of twins. It's like we have never seen Geelong play before?

The 2010 Premiership team must have been laughing watch this train wreck unfold.
Exactly this. Good questions for the presser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s too late to get angry now. The time for that was weeks ago.

Who is our defensive coach? I refuse to believe Leppas finger prints are anywhere near these tactics.

I feel so gutted for McStay - here he is busting his arse to get back to have a shot at a flag that he missed out on and these guys don't have that same desperation.

The irony of calling me short-sighted for criticising us giving up a top 10 pick for an immediate gain…

Our list needs to be rebuilt. You do that through the draft. You need to trade in players like Schultz while in contention, but not at the expense of the list profile. You’re wrong.

And for the record, I don’t need to comfort myself. I’m well and truly at peace with our 2024 outcome. It’s not 2024 I’m worried about.
No you actually don’t.

question:
Who has done a rebuild in the last 10 ywars?

Follow up:
Why haven’t we been part of it? I mean we’ve contended a lot…so have cats?!?

Answer this with a reason why I’m wrong:.
(drafting 18 year old players as a means of regenerating is a pretty crap strategy!!)

What were your thoughts in October last year?

It’s not a horrible trade. It’s absolutely fine.

Stop thinking we get another Nick who walks into top 10 year 1. We won’t.

Go have a look at the last few years. How many are best 15 players year 1?
And how many are best 15 players ina contending team.

Ffs people seem to think a draft pick is automatic gold. Does my head in.

Windsor, Sanders, Duursma, McKercher, Reid midfielders taken last year in top 10. Others are Kpp or fwds. Type of young talent we need.

And if we don’t use the pick… trade it for a decent player.

Oh not to mention Schultz would’ve been a FA this year.

All those things came into my response to this trade when it happened… despite what you think I thought

No you actually don’t.

question:
Who has done a rebuild in the last 10 ywars?

Follow up:
Why haven’t we been part of it? I mean we’ve contended a lot…so have cats?!?

Answer this with a reason why I’m wrong:.
(drafting 18 year old players as a means of regenerating is a pretty crap strategy!!)
Good lord…

I don’t think it will be that bad. Get a full squad back next year (hopefully) and we’ll give it a real hot crack again.

we're getting too old and the younger players arent up to it. We might do a last gasp next year but I doubt we'll have the luck to toss the teams with better players. System can only get you so far and it won a premiership last year, but there was magic involved. Hopefully i'm wrong

Windsor, Sanders, Duursma, McKercher, Reid midfielders taken last year in top 10. Others are Kpp or fwds. Type of young talent we need.

And if we don’t use the pick… trade it for a decent player.

Oh not to mention Schultz would’ve been a FA this year.

All those things came into my response to this trade when it happened… despite what you think I thought

Holy crap.
Which of the above immediately fix us?
Who are they teplacing?

Which ones provide years of excellence above what Shultz brings?

2 them can’t get a game btw and one of them is the #1 pick playing for a bottom team,
So that’s awesome yeah? Clear win.

Ps. You named 5 out of 10….so 50%. What about the other 5?

He's kind of right. Unless ending up at the bottom of the ladder. A la North.
He’s right if you’re bringing in A grade talent through trade of top 10 picks. Not if you’re bringing in bottom 6-8 type role players who can otherwise come cheaply. Like I’ve said, it’s no disrespect to Schultz, he is a good player. But our list profile is poor, and these decisions are costly.

You build your team around A graders. If you can’t trade them in, you need to be there during the first round of the draft. That’s where history says you’re more likely to draft A grade talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back