Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think average height 182.0cm is correct!

Hutchinson is registered as a 0 I think (age and height)

Hutchinson is listed on footywire with height and weight as 0 meaning the averages for both those are understated

His birthdate is shown as 1/1/2000 so our average age of 24yrs 7mnths would active even lower if they had his correct birthdate of 10/11/2001

I'd like to see Petch running off the half back. Besides Hunt, we probably have the slowest and least creative half backline in the league.
Thats like playing jones at half back. Petch isn’t a great and slow of mind when making decisions and often slows himself down to kick and don’t think it’s to compose himself.

Thats like playing jones at half back. Petch isn’t a great and slow of mind when making decisions and often slows himself down to kick and don’t think it’s to compose himself.
Hes taller and a better mark than jones. Hes a lot faster and more evasive and has never been tried there. Arguably the easiest position on the ground. We are crying out for some speed in defense. I can see a dangerous pairing of Hunt and Petch off our HB. And he would be great running past for the handball at centre bounces.

Not to mention Petch slowing himself down as you say, is still twice as quick as Duggan and Cole.

Last edited:

But Culley is outperforming Chesser as an inside mid in the WAFL. We have to reward WAFL form over potential. If chesser actually does have more potential than culley as an inside mid it will show in the WAFL.

Culley is not making it as a forward at AFL level. One good game doesnt change that. His only hope is as an inside mid (which is what he plays in the wafl). Picking players to play out of position in the AFL is so illogical.
Seems you ignored my Reid example

Why does it matter what Culley is doing in the WAFL? Chesser went back and played half a game as an inside mid and looked very good, better than Culley some might say, at least for the first half before he was hampered by bleeding.
Culley has the ability to play a fwd/mid role, hes just not as good as some of our other regular options

If the coaching staff now that Simmo is gone see Chesser as an inside mid, then Chesser HAS to get first crack.

You're spot on.

And for comparison, our average experince for the year has been 96.9 games. To be at 71.3, we are down 26% for experience.

For age, we have averaged 25.5 for the year and down to 24.5 (-4%).

I am quite excited by this game, hopefully we put up a fight.

View attachment 2051569
Is there a quick way to see how the experience of this team compares to the other least experienced teams of the league this season. Must be one of the least experienced teams named?

Hutchinson is listed on footywire with height and weight as 0 meaning the averages for both those are understated

His birthdate is shown as 1/1/2000 so our average age of 24yrs 7mnths would active even lower if they had his correct birthdate of 10/11/2001
Did Footywire label all Eagles players birthday as 1/1/2000 ? (As 24 yrs 7 months is actually the distance of today from 1/1/2000)

Good on yer, Schoey - I like the team. We are moving in the right direction. This what we should have been doing under Simmo. Bringing in the youth.
Agreed, can't complain about the selections.
He could have brought gaff and darling in easily but chose youth.
It's where we all wanted us to be even if we lose we may as well develop and see what the kids can or can't do.

Playing as an inside mid is just easier than playing on the wing. Chesser already showed last year he looks good as an inside mid in the wafl.

Culley will never make it as a forward so not sure why we would bother playing him there.
His best game was there when he kicked 4 goals. 🤦‍♀️

I feel like we are making a point with Darling, to an extent, he was a Simmo favourite and now he has to prove he has a place in the side.

Archer Reid id imagine is travelling with the side for a trip home more than anything- reward a bit of form with a trip with the squad and experience life on the road.

Seems we have taken the chance with some senior bodies to really throw the challenge to our youth to get the job done. I feel the future really begins on Saturday. Lots of inexperience in the side but feel the balance is pretty good. We aren’t too tall. Bailey’s got a big job on Marshall.

Good challenge for bailey. If he's going to make it as a lead ruck marshall is the sort of guy he should be modelling himself on. Mobile, a touch under sized and can take a grab. Bailey's worst games seem to have been when he's been bullied against the monsters, hopefully he has a good crack at it.

I felt our season was going well until half time of the last game against st kilda. We lost the second half and the game, Reid got suspended, we lost again the following week at home to north and things kept spiralling.

Reid to come out this week with a point to prove and turn things back around.

Seems you ignored my Reid example

Why does it matter what Culley is doing in the WAFL? Chesser went back and played half a game as an inside mid and looked very good, better than Culley some might say, at least for the first half before he was hampered by bleeding.
Culley has the ability to play a fwd/mid role, hes just not as good as some of our other regular options

If the coaching staff now that Simmo is gone see Chesser as an inside mid, then Chesser HAS to get first crack.
I’m just not sure what point you are making with Reid? He’s obviously a better player than culley. You pick your best inside mid as your best inside mid.

Chesser has played half a game as inside mid at wafl level. In that half he looked great but not as good as culley.
Culley should get first go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt our season was going well until half time of the last game against st kilda. We lost the second half and the game, Reid got suspended, we lost again the following week at home to north and things kept spiralling.

It all feel apart with windhager tag on Reid. Simpson would still have a job if Lyon didn’t make that move.

Listening to schoeys presser when pushed about who flew with the squad he eluded that there's "a few banged up boys" so I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes. I know people don't like some selections, me included, rotham can just pack his bags and start looking for a Melbourne rental for all I care, but we might not have a choice.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good on yer, Schoey - I like the team. We are moving in the right direction. This what we should have been doing under Simmo. Bringing in the youth.

He has surprised me in his interviews too, comes across well, is going to give himself every chance at this rate...

A sample of one game but he struck a good balance of trying some new things and playing people in their suited position (e.g. Trew's "1 wood" inside mid) and no more credits (darling).

He also said he didn't want to change too much last week to respect the Simmo situation. So I am looking forward to some more changes this week and hopefully more giving the kids opportunity in their preferred positions.

Pity I can't watch it live on free to air :mad:

A week earlier we lost by 99

The only youth he has brought in is culley hahaha

And Chesser

Could quite easily have been Sheed or Gaff, plus with Waterman out there wasa huge chance of Darling coming back. On top of the changes from last week it's now a very young team.

I get the Rotham (and Petch) selections have annoyed a few, but I feel Rotham is really on his last chance to show if he has anything. I'm very interested to see how he's used this week

Petch I think will be sub

This is true. Still could have done a lot more.
Explain Facebook Live GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back