Preview Round 19, 2024: GWS vs Box Hill, 4 August 11.05 am @ Blacktown ISP

Remove this Banner Ad

philohk

on holiday by mistake
Jun 18, 2008
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No preview thread posted yet so I thought I'd jump in. The Hawks travel to Sydney (not Canberra) for a big match against GWS. The Hawks currently sit 5th, percentage behind Brisbane and two games in front of Richmond in 10th, so likely finalists with just this game and one more to go after an unfortunately timed bye next week. GWS is currently a game outside the 10 but with a game in hand.

The Hawks get back Chad Wingard and Finn Maginness, with Andreas Stefanakis and Kye Agosta making way but retained as emergencies.

Squad: 1. H Morrison, 20. C Wingard, 21. C Stephens, 24. D Grainger-Barras, 26. B Ryan, 27. W McCabe, 28. C Mackenzie, 29. J Serong, 32. F Maginness, 37. E Phillips, 38. M Ramsden, 39. J Scaife, 40. S Mitchell, 42. B Macdonald, 43. J O’Sullivan, 44. H Hustwaite, 45. C Tucker, 55. C Porter, 57. J Thorpe, 62. S Horner, 63. B Hicks, 70. J Arundell, 99. T Brown

Emergencies: 51. N Philactides, 52. B Cavarra, 65. A Stefanakis, 68. D Wood, 72. A Mathieson, 73. S Amoroso, 75. J Tovey, 78. K Agosta

This is a strong squad, with plenty of AFL-listed players. Personally I'm a bit surpised that Mackenzie hasn't made it back into the senior side. Hopefully his stint at BH isn't too long. Looking for some signs from McCabe and Scaife, as well as from the young mids.

MacKenzie, Huss, Finn with a flawless clearance combo there for a goal. Looks like I missed a good first 10 minutes.
Has been extremely entertaining.

Hustwaite is automatic getting hands to a team mate in traffic. Only seems to come undone when his teammate is standing still with an opponent sweating on him. You'd think it's a skill that translates well to the next level with more disciplined and aware teammates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q1. BH 5.2 32 to GWS 0.3 3

All our mids have been fantastic. Cooper is having his best performance of the season, Mackenzie was great, Hustwaite's work in traffic was elite, and Finn kicked two goals.

We were a bit wasteful going forward with some golden chances missed but overall it was a great quarter.

Very similar to Hawthorn at the moment, pretty much everything going perfectly, just messing around with the ball too much in forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 19, 2024: GWS vs Box Hill, 4 August 11.05 am @ Blacktown ISP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back