Preview Round 19 - Brisbane v Sydney @ The Gabba (Sunday 1:10pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There outs are huge IMG_9509.png

Mcenierney and Rowbottom have been the critical B+ players that have been essential to their winning ways, as well as no Mills is always a good thing!

Makes me a bit more positive heading into a season defining game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry Smith on the extended bench, I like Henry but I think it would be a mistake to play a 2nd ruck against such a strong gut running side as the Swans. Bench >

[2] Deven Robertson,[4] Callum Ah Chee,[7] Jarrod Berry,[25] Henry Smith,[26] Conor McKenna,[28] Jaspa Fletcher,[34] Shadeau Brain,[38] Bruce Reville.

I hope we go with Ah Chee, Berry, Fletcher, Brain + Reville/Robertson as the sub.
I’m in furious agreement with your bench. I reckon reville has earned his spot as sub.

Smith is just the tall emergency which we always name.

Interesting no Mills or Rowbottom on top of Mcinernery. Mind you heeney and cunningham handy ins!

But given missing from our 2024 best side is only Payne i’m feeling a bit better about this.

Hopefully we deal with post Perth okay

Henry Smith on the extended bench, I like Henry but I think it would be a mistake to play a 2nd ruck against such a strong gut running side as the Swans. Bench >

[2] Deven Robertson,[4] Callum Ah Chee,[7] Jarrod Berry,[25] Henry Smith,[26] Conor McKenna,[28] Jaspa Fletcher,[34] Shadeau Brain,[38] Bruce Reville.

I hope we go with Ah Chee, Berry, Fletcher, Brain + Reville/Robertson as the sub.
We have named Logan Morris in the starting 18 so hard to imagine we will pick Henry as well.
Unless there is a doubt over Hippy or Joe or Logan with a niggle.

I’m in furious agreement with your bench. I reckon reville has earned his spot as sub.

Smith is just the tall emergency which we always name.

Interesting no Mills or Rowbottom on top of Mcinernery. Mind you heeney and cunningham handy ins!

But given missing from our 2024 best side is only Payne i’m feeling a bit better about this.

Hopefully we deal with post Perth okay
Reid has always been good against us with his sure marking. Remember him getting 6 against us. Harris hopefully will have his fist near him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against the ladder leaders at home and if they play well they might go to Kangaroo Point Maccas afterwards.

Few of our guys being rested so not sure if we’ll be up and about for this one. Jordon will go to Zorko and Parker will mark Neale I’d imagine.
3 games clear at the top, you're in position to rest players and get them Cherry Ripe for finals.

We aren't in that position.

Reid has always been good against us with his sure marking. Remember him getting 6 against us. Harris hopefully will have his fist near him.

I'd be stunned if Reid plays (or should I say, named in the 22). Doesn't get any continuity in his footy (hasn't played at the top level since the '22 GF), and even though he's probably played a bit of VFL in the leadup, he's surely got to be short of a gallop. They have the 3 talls up front too - where would he fit? Even if he was to go down back, surely Melican will be in front of him.

Perhaps he might be a late in?

Don't mind their outs.

It's telling to me that they could lose 5 games from here and conceivably still finish on top. Top 2 all but guaranteed.

If they look at their fixture you'd think playing us at the Gabba is one they think they could easily afford to drop.

Just putting myself in their shoes I'm optimistic if we come out strong and send the message that we're really up for it.

Don't mind their outs.

It's telling to me that they could lose 5 games from here and conceivably still finish on top. Top 2 all but guaranteed.

If they look at their fixture you'd think playing us at the Gabba is one they think they could easily afford to drop.

Just putting myself in their shoes I'm optimistic if we come out strong and send the message that we're really up for it.
We have been setting ourselves for this.

I bet we win, then cough up a L in the Q clash next week!

Gabba regulars can you help...

I've been hunting for tickets and finally found a generous soul that couldn't attend, so he's allocated me his member seat and a GA ticket for my son. Now, being 7 I can't exactly send him off to GA while I go sit in the allocated seat - an I allowed to sit in GA or is there something I can do with the allocated member seat to switch to GA? Apologies for the mundane question, I'm super pumped to take him to his first game!

View attachment 2051461
“Cameron gets off. I tipped that. Absolutely nothing in it.”
I totally agree he should have got off and so should have the GWS one got off.

The reality however is that the legality of the tackle was not tested on appeal just the process of how it was arrived at by the AFL and reported as a 'illegal' tackle. The AFL just stuffed the process so Charlie is good to play without the tackle being looked into.

Seems to me the AFL saw there was a concussion, assumed therefore there must be a crime and retrofitted a perpetrator rather than reviewing the game, finding a perpetrator that committed a crime and it just so happened a concussion was the outcome.

A technicality that means players, coaches and us fans are still none the wiser of what a 'correct' tackle looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back