Preview Round 19 - Essendon VS Adelaide, Marvel, Friday 19/7/24, 7:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something here?
We would have gone with Draper, Caddy and Wright.
Instead we're going with Draper, Caddy and Goldstein.
We will have three front half talls.

Another poster said playing 3 talls was too tall.

I disagreed and bought receipts.

Of course with Stringer, Langford and Cox in there as well it’s closer to 5 slow players there which really won’t work.

We are lacking a reliable/consistent KPF, an extra speedy HB (with ideally Martin more wing/forward) and a proper ruckman.

And how are you making a call on our coach who's 16 months into a 4 year tenure? Carn mate.
Time will tell, so far he's been gutless and unimaginative. He's not new at the game.
We are the same b+ team playing the same b+ football we've been playing for the last 4 years.
How many years does it take to be a supercoach. Especially with this super list we have.
Agree there has been improvement but, it's a bit like me walking home some nights, one step forward 3 steps back.

Think there was a stat flashed up during last week's game showing Caddy as the deepest lying forward 40-50% of the time. So I get why Wright is dropped, but I reckon his rucking is still better than anything that Goldy/Draper/Bryan can consistently produce up forward.

Hind needs a full game. Perkins lucky it wasn't him who made way. Curious as to where Menzie will play. He might become the new Guelfi.

Heppell ommitted! Scott no longer sugar coating it. What a breath of fresh air. Love what Hep has done this year but he's tired as the season has gone on. Definitely not in our best 22. Glad Scott realised that.

One step at a time guys. We can't get everything right at once.

Maybe the reasoning is that Perkins has more of a forward craft (and ability to kick from 50) than Hobbs does and our midfield is pretty set whereas on the scoreboard is where we've been lacking. Even though Archie hasn't impacted the goals much, there's probably a hope that he'll find his ticker.

If Hobbs can keep being consistent he'll probably make his case soon enough.
Jake Kelly has kicked more goals in the last 7 games than Perkins has. With that kind of output I'd rather have Hobbs playing forward/mid than Perkins. It's honestly a joke he keeps his place at this point.

Time will tell, so far he's been gutless and unimaginative. He's not new at the game.
We are the same b+ team playing the same b+ football we've been playing for the last 4 years.
How many years does it take to be a supercoach. Especially with this super list we have.
Agree there has been improvement but, it's a bit like me walking home some nights, one step forward 3 steps back.
Super list. Wow. Delusional pearlers is that way.

Wright is Shane Watson.

is actually really productive but when things go wrong gets blamed because with his ability you think he should be better.

Meanwhile others who aren’t producing much of anything get much more rope
Does he religiously review his LBW decisions no matter how clearly he is out?

Wright was out and Draper/Goldstein were rucking in arguably our best win for the year vs Bulldogs. Based on list balance, I think Wright isn't giving us enough to hold a spot. We simply cannot play all of Goldstein, Draper and Wright and Goldstein is worth giving a try.

Perkins though is very lucky to survive another week. Changes look pretty decent though I would've liked for Hobbs to be in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2MP is made for under roof football. Yes he’s been down, still worth the risk. Will rue this.
He needed to be sent a message.

He is just not competitive enough. Even when he nabs a few goals.

Don't know if it's confidence or intent but he should hold his ground so much better.

Ideally he goes down for a few weeks and kicks a massive bag.

LOL it's a good idea... you choose the best name:
  • Flat Track Bullies
  • Across the Line
  • Send it Upstairs
Any country would give their left nut for an AR who makes 42 opening the batting and averages 33 with the ball.

Any country would give their left nut for an AR who makes 42 opening the batting and averages 33 with the ball.
I’m really just jousting

I always had a soft spot for Watto and he had a solid career

Just don’t think he lived up to his promise, and couldn’t overcome a couple of technical flaws.

He did only average 35 with the bat across his career

Wright is Shane Watson.

is actually really productive but when things go wrong gets blamed because with his ability you think he should be better.

Meanwhile others who aren’t producing much of anything get much more rope
I actually really like this comparison. Although Watson was also a bona fide star in white ball cricket

I actually really like this comparison. Although Watson was also a bona fide star in white ball cricket

Think his concentration was his biggest issue. Didn’t have the mental tank for long innings but boy could he make a short one count.

Then again the Clarke vs Watson rivalry must have been super draining for everyone. Id have a hard time holding onto my wicket at test level while having to work with Clarke. What a tosser

Draper $5.30 for 2+ goals, $17 for 3+

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

Think his concentration was his biggest issue. Didn’t have the mental tank for long innings but boy could he make a short one count.

Then again the Clarke vs Watson rivalry must have been super draining for everyone. Id have a hard time holding onto my wicket at test level while having to work with Clarke. What a tosser
I don't hate Clarke.

Warner, on the other hand...

He needed to be sent a message.

He is just not competitive enough. Even when he nabs a few goals.

Don't know if it's confidence or intent but he should hold his ground so much better.

Ideally he goes down for a few weeks and kicks a massive bag.

It would be interesting to see the stats on his contest loss percentage because I’m not really sure that would actually bear out.

What the numbers do say is that we don’t isolate him in the forward half nearly as much as we should and he’s going just ok in terms of actually winning the footy. Plus the delivery has been crap.

If Caddy is just going to fly at everything and get in his way anyway then his output is always going to be neutered, so that’s another thing to keep in mind as well.

Happy enough with the changes

Goldy for 2MP makes sense
As does Lav for Heppell
Menzie a bit left field but if he can play that small forward role and hit the scoreboard then he will have done his job

Surprised Hobbs not named but he is 1st emergency so a late change on the cards I think
Hopefully Perkins is SUB he needs a bit of a rocket given his recent form..
Comon Dons!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back