Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe will be back there.
Just deleted that post because big footy cut off half the post I typed. It crashed so I copied it. Fortunately was still on the clipboard.

My actual post was all this

—————-

Frampton dropped?! Especially when no Cox to share ruck work. Our selection committee has done some questionable things this year. This might take the cake.

We need continuity in the side. Injuries already have made that tough.

Darcy Moore going to be shown up even more without him. At least Howe will have to play backline now where he belongs and is sorely needed.

Let’s hope our midfield keeps the ball out of D50 as much as possible!

Just deleted that post because big footy cut off half the post I typed. It crashed so I copied it. Fortunately was still on the clipboard.

—————-

Frampton dropped?! Especially when no Cox to share ruck work. Our selection committee has done some questionable things this year. This might take the cake.

Darcy Moore going to be shown up even more without him. At least Howe will have to play backline now where he belongs and is sorely needed.

The whole team needs to do a lot more to stop the ball entering the oppo forward 50 as quickly, easily & often as it has been.

—————-

Kreuger will chop out in the ruck where he's actually show a bit around the ground eg. 2 goals vs Essendon came when he was running around in the ruck.

Hawks only have one ruck and are very mobile forward of the ball.

Really surprised that Frampton has been dropped,especially with Darcy so badly out of form.Obviously Howe has to go back now.Does Hawthorn have any big key forwards?I don’t know anything about them,as I never watch their games,

No it wasn’t. Frampton only played forward because McStay was injured. If McStay wasn’t injured, no Harris Andrews tag would be in place.
Not really following this argument so excuse me if I’m going down the wrong path…

But surely tactics can be adjusted ( and at short notice) to suit the circumstances?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big pre-season coming up for him.
He said he wants to focus on two things.
Getting stronger in the gym, building up his core so he doesn't get brushed aside.
and keep working on his running. Wants to continue to build his tank after he's playing catch up after last year he missed so much of pre-season with injury.

But yup, make or break pre-season for him.

Surprised but not surprised to see frampton dropped . He’s a very slow thinker. Kreugs can be the backup ruck with mcstay the occasional forward line chopout

HH being rested a no brainer

Mcstay straight in also a no brainer , that will help Kreuger too having another tall down there. Two left footers … don’t recall the pies having that from their key forwards before! Jordy will play forward too by the sounds of it. Hopefully reef starts too.

Good form from Sullivan forcing his way back into the 22. Will be interesting to see him and Long spend some time at the centre bounces.

Surprised but not surprised to see frampton dropped . He’s a very slow thinker. Kreugs can be the backup ruck with mcstay the occasional forward line chopout

Mcstay straight in also a no brainer , that will help Kreuger too having another tall down there. Two left footers … don’t recall the pies having that from their key forwards before! Jordy will play forward too by the sounds of it. Hopefully reef starts too.

Good form from Sullivan forcing his way back into the 22. Will be interesting to see him and Long spend some time at the centre bounces.
One of sullivan or long will be sub
Just depends on which
Surely they wont make reef sub again.

HH has had some quiet weeks, so some time in the vfl wont do him any harm.

Surely not reef again..

Maybe sullivan, being the last one in?
Or Long. But they may want his big body.
if JDG trained with the forwards - and you listen to Fly's presser - there's a good chance JDG plays more mins as a forward which opens the door for either Long or Sully to play midfield

So Reef or one of the mids as sub

if JDG trained with the forwards - and you listen to Fly's presser - there's a good chance JDG plays more mins as a forward which opens the door for either Long or Sully to play midfield

So Reef or one of the mids as sub
I wouldn't think they make reef sub again, so one of the mids I'd say

I'm happy with that - I think Billy is a space cadet. We'll have a sharper defence with more dash without him. I'm hoping Josh goes to half back, so with Howe we'll add two excellent kicks to the back half. We've been awful coming out of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back