Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just deleted that post because big footy cut off half the post I typed. It crashed so I copied it. Fortunately was still on the clipboard.

My actual post was all this

—————-

Frampton dropped?! Especially when no Cox to share ruck work. Our selection committee has done some questionable things this year. This might take the cake.

We need continuity in the side. Injuries already have made that tough.

Darcy Moore going to be shown up even more without him. At least Howe will have to play backline now where he belongs and is sorely needed.

Let’s hope our midfield keeps the ball out of D50 as much as possible!
You should have left it in the bin

Would you prefer to bring them back before the medicos tick them of with possibility of being out for half of next year?
I was proven correct in my assessment of McStay's return. He looked good in the VFL and could just as easily play the same minutes in the seniors where injury is no more likely. The Collingwood injury people were saying Cox was close. Plenty of teams have put their long term injured straight back into the seniors with overall excellent results. Our whole season is on the line this week.

I want to keep believing and I hope our club does too.

Saturday 20 July
Hawthorn v Collingwood
MCG, Wurundjeri
3:45pm (AEST)
IN: McStay, Howe, Sullivan
OUT: Schultz (concussion), Harrison (managed), Frampton (omitted)

COLLINGWOOD V GEELONG
BBrayden MaynardDarcy MooreIsaac Quaynor
HBJohn NobleOleg MarkovNick Daicos
CSteele SidebottomScott PendleburyJosh Daicos
HFBobby HillDan McStayJeremy Howe
FJoe RichardsPatrick LipinskiJamie Elliott
RDarcy CameronJordan De GoeyJack Crisp
INTNathan KreugerReef McInnesWill Hoskin-Elliott
Lachlan SullivanNed Long
EMGBilly FramptonFinlay MacraeJack Bytel
Markov lucky to survive, last chance I would have thought.

I was proven correct in my assessment of McStay's return. He looked good in the VFL and could just as easily play the same minutes in the seniors where injury is no more likely. The Collingwood injury people were saying Cox was close. Plenty of teams have put their long term injured straight back into the seniors with overall excellent results. Our whole season is on the line this week.

Celebrate Old Man GIF by The Leith Agency

The way I view it is that part of the reason Cox hasn’t been forced straight back in is the fact that but for his injury he’d have been likely dropped on form anyway. He’s certainly not likely to tip the result this weekend first up.

We were never going to rush back both a potentially underdone McStay, and Cox, of all players. He’ll be better off for the run in the VFL.

Last edited:
Any chance Lipinski can pull his finger out this week?
Non existent last week.
Not really enamoured with the side tbh, if we scrape in it will be by usual 1- 6 points..
agree with Lipinski call ..very downhill

pleased we finally have some tall'er forward targets (with emphasis on the 's')
_McStay + Kreuger
_reckon JDG will play more mins forward (rather than on-ball, given struggles & lack of power from groin issues)
_Reef may also be in the 22 with an express role to play on Sicily (if he plays defence) ..if not Reef, then WHE

unfortunately, also reckon we'll struggle to match the hawthorn run / spread & leg-speed all over the ground

for mine, they could open us up badly & put some distance on the score-board

we're not only the oldest team in the comp but we're building into one of the slower outfits:

_Lippa
_Pendles
_Sidey
_Long
_Sullivan
_Howe
+
_Frampton (Emerg.)
_Macrae (Emerg.)
_Bytel (Emerg.)
_Dean (albeit not playing)

lack of leg speed hurts you in trying to:
_break-even in Centre Bounce
_close space, pressure & tackle
_play zone defence & moving back or forward to roll the zone

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree with Lipinski call ..very downhill

pleased we finally will have some tall'er forward targets (with emphasis on the 's')
_McStay + Kreuger
_reckon JDG will play more mins forward (rather than on-ball, given struggles & lack of power from groin issues)
_Reef may also be in the 22 with an express role to play on Sicily (if he plays defence) ..if not Reef, then WHE

unfortunately, also reckon we'll struggle to match the hawthorn run / spread & leg-speed all over the ground

for mine, they could open us up badly & put some distance on the score-board

we're not only the oldest team in the comp but we're building into one of the slower outfits:

_Lippa
_Pendles
_Sidey
_Long
_Sullivan
_Howe
+
_Frampton (Emerg.)
_Macrae (Emerg.)
_Bytel (Emerg.)
_Dean (albeit not playing)

lack of leg speed hurts you & contributes:
_when you get burnt in Centre Bounce
_in trying to close space, pressure & tackle
_in playing zone defence & moving back or forward to roll the zone
This looks like some detailed analysis.

Frampton dropped?!

Seriously?

2024 Selection continues to be as messy as our season

It's sensible.

Frampton was bog-ordinary against Geelong.

D-Mac coming in lets Howe move back to the defence.

Not going to win, I don’t like the side. My opinion, if you disagree that’s fine but I don’t need the abuse for saying we won’t win.
Not the outs I expected and that’s my reason.
Star Trek Tantrum GIF

I think Howe will end up playing back.
I hope so.
Markov gives us some speed.
I am more than over his half attempts at tackling, playing wide of his opponent and miskicks/handballs.

He is at times been a liability, just putting more pressure on our back six.

I hope so.

I am more than over his half attempts at tackling, playing wide of his opponent and miskicks/handballs.

He is at times been a liability, just putting more pressure on our back six.
Please don’t use the ‘L’ word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back