Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just deleted that post because big footy cut off half the post I typed. It crashed so I copied it. Fortunately was still on the clipboard.

My actual post was all this

—————-

Frampton dropped?! Especially when no Cox to share ruck work. Our selection committee has done some questionable things this year. This might take the cake.

We need continuity in the side. Injuries already have made that tough.

Darcy Moore going to be shown up even more without him. At least Howe will have to play backline now where he belongs and is sorely needed.

Let’s hope our midfield keeps the ball out of D50 as much as possible!
Melbourne went in with no ruck and won comfortably.
When Cameron is off just let anyone jump up no need to send McStay or Kreuger there

Surprised but not surprised to see frampton dropped . He’s a very slow thinker. Kreugs can be the backup ruck with mcstay the occasional forward line chopout

HH being rested a no brainer

Mcstay straight in also a no brainer , that will help Kreuger too having another tall down there. Two left footers … don’t recall the pies having that from their key forwards before! Jordy will play forward too by the sounds of it. Hopefully reef starts too.

Good form from Sullivan forcing his way back into the 22. Will be interesting to see him and Long spend some time at the centre bounces.
Good point about Frampton. Against Ess his failure to react quickly when out of the contest cost us 2 goals,
If it was any other defender they would have recovered quickly and probably stop at least one goal.
Ironically I watched the BNE game from RD 4, and Frampton was some much more switched on that day.
So clearly it’s an attitude issue, which demotion might fix.

One of sullivan or long will be sub
Just depends on which
Surely they wont make reef sub again.

HH has had some quiet weeks, so some time in the vfl wont do him any harm.
I’d make Sullivan sub - I want Long crashing into their mids from the start of the game. And targeting McGuiness if he starts any BS with ND.

Dear is the same Height as McStay (195cm) but 12kg lighter. He’s not an imposing size.
He leaps at everything though which brings the ball to ground. Gunston would have only played to keep Darcy Moore in check which he has been doing when he's played and he doesn't have the ability to do that anymore. Freo are a much taller side on paper and it was only when Sis went forward we troubled them in the air. Id say we're going the 2 talls out of balance and the other 2 choices outside Gunston are unavailable (Lewis and mid season draft pick Jasper Skaife).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuger will chop out in the ruck where he's actually show a bit around the ground eg. 2 goals vs Essendon came when he was running around in the ruck.

Hawks only have one ruck and are very mobile forward of the ball.
Chol will be the relief ruck for us but yes only 1 ruck. Meek vs Cameron will have huge say in who wins. Meek been very good for us all year.

I'd suggest if JDG plays forward we have 2 options for him. Weddle and Hardwick. Weddle is literally plug and play anywhere bit like Blicavs from Geelong. Hardwick generally takes the most dangerous mid sized forward which is Elliott I believe for you guys. We may send either of them forward if the situation is there for it not sure. Both sides match up well on each other TBH.

Don’t mind the changes. Like the extra mid and I thought Sullivan slotted in nicely last time around.

Billy will just have to grab his spot back. If Harry needs managing so be it.

Quite like our interchange bench.

Surprised but not surprised to see frampton dropped . He’s a very slow thinker. Kreugs can be the backup ruck with mcstay the occasional forward line chopout

Mcstay straight in also a no brainer , that will help Kreuger too having another tall down there. Two left footers … don’t recall the pies having that from their key forwards before! Jordy will play forward too by the sounds of it. Hopefully reef starts too.

Good form from Sullivan forcing his way back into the 22. Will be interesting to see him and Long spend some time at the centre bounces.
Cloke & Tazza

I'm hoping the JDG evolution that fly was talking was as a grunt mid. Mitchell style, rather than the moving burst mid he usually plays as.

Not sure anyone had Frampton in the outs.

Given the form of Moore and our defence in general it's a ballsy move.

Hopefully it means Moore will need to actually stand an opponent rather than guard grass.

He needs to rediscover what it means to be accountable for a man and get his hands dirty in the process. At the very least they can lead him to the ball and get him involved in more critical contests.

With the inclusion of McStay I'm glad we've come down on the side of needing to win this game rather than a desire to hold McStay back for another week. Not expecting miracles but hopefully he can at least keep 1 good Hawks defender honest.

Hopefully McInnes starts and he plays a high half forward role to try and get him more involved in general play. Goals are great but he can make himself much harder to drop if he can get his pressure levels up and display evidence of his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back